Old 06-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/114

Height: 5'3"

kelsox31 from what i heard from a lot of other people who did insanity was that they didn't really lose a lot of weight. some people have only lost up to 10lbs, but its more that they were losing inches though (& their body shape was changing). don't be discouraged if the lbs aren't coming off very quickly--maybe you should take measurements too as another way to track your progress?

----

i did plyometric cardio circuit today. i think its my least favorite from all the videos because the second circuit is so freaking hard. my arms give out almost every time >.<
delyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 209/199/150

Height: 5'5

Count me in the "insanity" club.. I did the plyometrics cardio circuit just a little bit ago and OMG, I've never sweated so much! I think I almost cried somewhere in the middle of it It is definitely called insanity for a reason! But oddly enough I feel great now. Granted my legs are sore.
ApeyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #243  

Hi All

I'm almost at the end of week 1 month 2 and it's still as darn hard as the first month! lol!

I have to say I haven't seen as much of a change as I would like, for the first month a 2llb loss and 1 inch off my waist. No other changes other than my fitness has significantly improved.

I did really hurt my upper back in the first week and had to take 2 days off as I would get searing pain on any impact and couldn't take an intake of breath However after the rest and re-assessing my form it seemed to improve heaps!

My main issue is that I have a VERY weak core, I have had lots of surgery on my bowel so my tummy has been cut open lots of times weakening the muscles, so I do struggle a lot on some of the exercises. However that said I am improving!

The only changes I am seeing in month 2 is inch gain on my calf muscles I don't watch my diet religiously so maybe this is an issue, however I am not overweight - I am 109llb and 5ft3. I do need to drop a few pounds though for my medical issues with my bowel (long story). So maybe as I don't have a lot to lose is why I am not seeing such dramatic weight loss?

I am also a weed on the upperbody too - lol! Although from not being able to do one single (full sized man) pushup I can now do around 16. But I don't put my chest fully to the floor - I'm not that strong! But I don't do the womens knee version anymore so it's another improvement!

I will post my fit test results for week 1 and 2 later when I return home

Good luck to all of you starting and who are midway through.

Looking forward to following your success!

T
Cheekycurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 178/159/135

Height: 5'8"

This is my third attempt at posting today. I hope this goes through.

I just completed day one of week 5 today. I am nervous about phase 2. But I am digging deep and covered in sweat each day. My weight is down 3 - 5 pds so far, but I can see a significant difference in my before and after pics already. Also, I feel so much stronger and energetic!

Hoping others are at the same point in their journey as me. It's going to take some group effort to get through that last month!

Deb
motherof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #245  

Default 4 weeks into Insanity...before and after

I've tried to attach my 4 week before and after pics.. Hope it works.

Deb
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1450.jpg (17.6 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1626.jpg (17.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1448.jpg (19.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1623.jpg (19.2 KB, 33 views)
Old 06-27-2012, 03:08 AM   #246  

Wow Deb - your before and after in 5 weeks are awesome! Way better than mine and I am heading into week 3 of the second month! Keep up the awesome work!

T
Old 06-28-2012, 12:16 AM   #247  

Thanks Cheeky! Funny thing is without the photos, I'm not sure I'd believe it. It takes a long time to overcome all of the negative self talk and see a true reflection in the mirror.

I did my second day of Core Balance and Recovery today. My heart rate still gets really high on this video. Doesn't actually feel like "recovery" to me. Lol. But, today was easier than yesterday. I'd so like to get my workouts done in the morning, but I have so much more energy at night and feel my performance is much better if I wait. But, the mental aspect of having this "torture" as I call it hanging over me all day is exhausting.

How is phase 2 going for you? I'm so nervous about being able to complete it. I'm trying to decide whether I should preview it or not.

Deb
Old 06-28-2012, 03:13 AM   #248  

I know what you mean about having the torture of it hanging over you all day! I get up at 6am as it is so for me getting up an hour earlier isn't an option

If I were you I wouldn't preview month 2 - lol! I can't lie and say it's an easy transition as it's not! But as for month 1 you simply have to go at your own pace.

I am going to get Turbofire now as I feel that Insanity isn't or hasn't done what I would have wanted it to do so I want to try another sort of program. But lets see what the next two weeks bring!

Hang in there though as it's obviously working for you!

T x
Old 06-30-2012, 07:25 AM   #249  

Thought I would post my 4 fit test results so far. I have improved on most of them although a couple of exercises I did worse than before. However overall I really haven't had any physical change. I think the only change is my aerobic capacity - which is great I know but I wanted the physical change too - lol!

Here we go:

Switch kicks: 60/99/111/124
Power Jacks: 37/61/65/66
Power knees: 58/93/106/111
Power Jumps: 24/27/23/41
Globe Jumps: 8/10/10/10
Suicide Jumps: 9/10/13/14
Push Up Jacks: 4/15/19/22
Low Planl Oblique: 23/46/60/50

Here's hoping for a miracle in my last two weeks!

T
Old 07-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #250  

T,

Your fit test results are amazing! I'm guessing you were in pretty darn good shape before you started these videos! You must feel stronger too! Here's crossing my fingers for a really strong finish for you!

Deb
Old 07-02-2012, 02:58 AM   #251  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'1"

I just started today with the Fit Test and OHMYGOODNESSSSSS. Are all the workouts like that? I have no doubt I will lose some weight with this! I've used to do p90x and I've never sweat like that in so little time. By the end of it I was pretty spent!

I'm not nearly concerned with the weight as I would like to go from a size 13/14 to a size 10! I think it can be possible in 60 days!
ArmyWife10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:49 AM   #252  

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherof4 View Post
T,

Your fit test results are amazing! I'm guessing you were in pretty darn good shape before you started these videos! You must feel stronger too! Here's crossing my fingers for a really strong finish for you!

Deb
lol Deb - I did have a good base level of fitness as I was running between 3 - 5 miles two or three times a week. But I honestly thought I was fitter than I am - Insanity is putting me through my paces!

I do feel heaps stronger and of course I am sure cardio vascular wise I am also - I guess I just wanted to see a difference on the outside too!

Well I have two weeks to go - let's see!

T
Old 07-02-2012, 05:52 AM   #253  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWife10 View Post
I just started today with the Fit Test and OHMYGOODNESSSSSS. Are all the workouts like that? I have no doubt I will lose some weight with this! I've used to do p90x and I've never sweat like that in so little time. By the end of it I was pretty spent!

I'm not nearly concerned with the weight as I would like to go from a size 13/14 to a size 10! I think it can be possible in 60 days!
Welcome onboard the Insanity train - lol!

The workouts are insane and even moreso in month 2! However DO NOT try to keep up with them on the DVD - go at your own pace. These guys are machines - lol! I made the mistake of trying to keep up and gave myself a back injury because I comprised on my technique for speed

Good luck!

T
Old 07-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #254  

Default here goes!

OK, so I saw the tv commerical, then googled and found this place and have been browsing this forum a little and been inspired. The pack came today and I start with the fit test tomorrow!

Switch: 40
Jacks: 43
Knee Kicks: 70
Power Jumps: 33
Globe: 4
Suicide: 15
Push up Jacks: 12
Plank Oblique: 42

Last edited by jubbely; 07-06-2012 at 10:08 AM.
jubbely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #255  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Hi everyone - I saw the infomercial for Insanity this morning so decided to go on eBay and buy it. Can't wait for it to arrive.

I lift HEAVY weights about twice a week and walk my dog 3-5 miles a day 5 days a week intersperced with swimming a half mile a few days a week. So this will be an entirely new workout for me.

I just read all 17 pages of this thread and it sounds like most of you chicks probably started out in much better shape than I. But, I was able to do Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred at +/- 300 lbs so hopefully I'm not insane for deciding to try this. Wish me luck - I'll post again after I start.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote