Old 06-18-2009, 04:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/171/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Jillian's Other Videos

So I'm going to start Jillian's other videos this weekend, No More Trouble Zones and Burn Fat Boost Metabolism.

I plan on switching them out each day. Would anyone like to try these out with me or should I stick to the 30DS thread?
festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

I'm interested in getting those. I have the 30D shred which I'm getting tired of. Are her other videos similar in intensity? I love the idea of switching it up between three dvd's, as well as the wii.

Sorry that this doesn't answer your question, but I'm psyched to see the replies.
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:06 PM   #3  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Sometimes you can just watch those videos on youtube...it might save you having to buy it....if you can do the exercise where your computer is...........
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/Don't weight often/130

Height: 5'6

You should definately give them a try!

I got bored with the Shred about a month ago so I just purchased both No More Troubles Zones and the Banish Fat one. So far I have tried Banish Fat and it was amazing. I am officially a Jillian disciple. I have literally never seen my face so red in my entire life haha! It was crazy but in a good way. She repeats a lot of the moves from the Shred, I just love the circut format because if there are any moves that you hate, you only have to do them for a minute or so!

Anyways I plan to try ot alternate both dvd's 5 days a week. I will be trying No Morw Trouble Zones tomorrow and I am stoked!

Last edited by cooperistic; 06-18-2009 at 05:07 PM.
cooperistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:17 PM   #5  

Sweet! I get them for free with Comcast's On Demand. At least I hope I do, they were both on there when I started the Shred.

From what I've seen these videos are similar to 30DS but are around 40 minutes long.

I'm excited to give them a try! Now I just need to decide which one I try first on Saturday.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:21 PM   #6  

Optical Goddess: I would say her two other videos are similar in intensity to the Shred- I noticed in the Banish Fat Boost Metabolism one though, there are circuts that were a little (I stress little) lower impact I think just to bring the intenisty down since it is 40 minutes as opposed to 20 minutes. She does also allow you 2 or 3 5 second breathing breaks throughout the dvd which is a refreshing change from the Shred which was all "NO RESTING!". At the same time I love just jumping from one move to another because then when you have been doing to dvd for a while, you don't have to waste time waiting for them to explain each move.

Overall it is similar to the Shred but not as constant with the intensity- certain parts are waaaay harder than the Shred, certain parts are a little lower impact. I will have to comment on the No More Trouble Zones one tomorrow!
Old 06-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 6'0

I have both of the dvd's and they are awesome.
The no more trouble zones is hard, and intense. Its longer than forty minutes, its got 7, 6 minute circuits plus a warm up and a cool down.
It is similar to the shred, but like Cooperistic mentioned, there are a few parts to catch a breath, its not constantly gogogogo like the shred.

Banish fat is all cardio, but it was pretty low impact.

I have been doing the Banish fat for my cardio, and alternating the shred, and NMTZ on my strength days. Its been working pretty well. Keeps things interesting.
wantingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #8  

So I tried NMTZ this morning and it was intense! It was strange not having cardio mixed in. It felt really long because the circuits weren't as defined as in 30DS. I did enjoy it though. I'm kinda nervous for BFBM tomorrow.....
Old 06-22-2009, 12:01 PM   #9  

Well I finished the BFBM this morning for the first time. It was pretty tough! I am still sore and tight from yesterday's video. I'm liking it though.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:23 PM   #10  

I have one question for anyone who is doing NMTZ and BFBM- She does this ab move where you are in plank position and you are supposed to twist your hips to work your abs. I must be doing something wrong because I feel no work whatsoever on my abs, all I feel is pains in the side of stomach. Did anyone else have trouble with these? She uses this move in all three of her dvds so I would like to get it right!
Old 06-22-2009, 01:26 PM   #11  

Well, they are supposed to work your obliques, which are the your side abdominal muscles. So if your side hurts then you are doing it right! You should also feel it in your upper abs though. Make sure you are in a full plank pose with your arms going straight down and your legs stretched all the way out. If you keep your butt to high in the air, then you won't get the full effect. Also really work on pivoting your whole hip when you do the move.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:43 PM   #12  
Stay true till the finish

S/C/G: HW/169 SW/157 CW/144.0 GW/129

Height: 5'4

Count me in! (well next week anyway, taking a vacation) I loved the shred, it has toned me up and I have never seen that before. I wore shorts for the first time ever since being a kid this week. Anyway, I am gonna try both and alternate like you wantingtolose, kinda nervous...She hasn't let me down yet, so I REALLY hope this no more trouble zone works!
jennsreadytolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:44 PM   #13  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

Are any of her other videos half an hour or shorter? Just cuz I get up early to do 30DS and I'm not looking forward to having to get up even earlier...I know I know it'd only be another 10 minutes but sleep is also essential for weight loss *angelic expression*
Sylvied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:48 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 131/134/120

Yes, I've been doing all 3 of Jillian Michaels videos. I do No More Trouble Zones, Burn Fat Boost Metabolism and the 30 Day shred videos--when I do the latter I do two workouts a time so it's an hour workout. I like them all--though I skip the 30 day shred one the most cos it has a lot of pushups which hurt my bad shoulder. They're great videos and I'm surprised I don't tire of them. I know them well enough I can turn up other, better music!

I know what you mean about the plank/oblique twists. I don't find them especially hard which makes me wonder if I'm doing them wrong--and I don't put my butt high in the air. Maybe it's less a crunching feeling than a stretch?

My frustration is that I haven't been losing any weight and pics from a month ago don't show any difference I can see. I do the videos 5 hours a week total. My posture is better. I feel stronger. I don't tire as easily and my back feels more supported form all the core work but today I took my 3 batch of weekly photos (I thought it after my 1st week) and I feel totally discouraged! I've been eating less than 1400 calories a day and fear I need to cut back further.
I'm 5'6" and 130lbs trying to get back down to 120. The last *stubborn* 10!

I'm curious what kind of calorie intake others are trying. Really curious so I don't lose all hope.
change4thegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by change4thegood View Post
Yes, I've been doing all 3 of Jillian Michaels videos. I do No More Trouble Zones, Burn Fat Boost Metabolism and the 30 Day shred videos--when I do the latter I do two workouts a time so it's an hour workout. I like them all--though I skip the 30 day shred one the most cos it has a lot of pushups which hurt my bad shoulder. They're great videos and I'm surprised I don't tire of them. I know them well enough I can turn up other, better music!

I know what you mean about the plank/oblique twists. I don't find them especially hard which makes me wonder if I'm doing them wrong--and I don't put my butt high in the air. Maybe it's less a crunching feeling than a stretch?

My frustration is that I haven't been losing any weight and pics from a month ago don't show any difference I can see. I do the videos 5 hours a week total. My posture is better. I feel stronger. I don't tire as easily and my back feels more supported form all the core work but today I took my 3 batch of weekly photos (I thought it after my 1st week) and I feel totally discouraged! I've been eating less than 1400 calories a day and fear I need to cut back further.
I'm 5'6" and 130lbs trying to get back down to 120. The last *stubborn* 10!

I'm curious what kind of calorie intake others are trying. Really curious so I don't lose all hope.
Hi Change4theGood! Those last 5-10 pounds are always the most difficult. On Jillian's radio show, she calls them vanity pounds. Essentially, you don't need to lose those pounds to be at a healthy weight, you just want to be smaller. Because of that, you really need to increase the intensity of your workouts. She also said to eat about 1500 - 1600 calories at this stage (which I'm a little unsure about). So try increasing the weights and doing the advanced modifications of all the moves.

You must be tiny, by the way! I haven't been 5"6 and 120 since I was 12 and gained 3 inches over summer vacation! I tend to put on a lot of muscle, so I don't think I'll ever be below 130 again.