Old 08-09-2007, 08:50 PM   #1  

Default Too fat for hip hop abs?

I'd really like to get hip hop abs, but I'm afraid I'm too fat and out of shape to keep up with it...

It looks so fun though!!

Has anyone tried it? Could I do it even though I'm 230lbs and very out of shape?
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 04:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/188/135

Height: 5'5

Hip Hop Abs with Shaun T (something like that)? I started doing it when I was 196 and it was fun!!! It isn't lots of jumping at all, it is a great fast paced fun video. He sounds like Will Smith and it kind of annoys me b/c I don't know if he is trying to sound like him or if that is just how he sounds.

I would highly recommend the Hip Hop Abs.

Tara
tjdayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:07 PM   #3  

Thanks. I think I'll try to get it... If I can come up with the money to spend on it...
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/267/180

Height: Six Feet & Half Inch

I am still quite heavy and I think Hip Hip Abs is a hoot! I just make sure I don't do it in front of anyone . . . not ready to shake my booty in public, yet.

Just listen to your body. If it HURTS, do it more low impact or just march in place (I do this in some sections).
kare bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:19 PM   #5  

I just got mine today and I did the first one!!! I just need to make sure that I keep at it
djsbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:21 PM   #6  
i WANT this...bad

S/C/G: 225/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

i LOVE LOVE LOVE my hip hop abs.. I lost the first 20lbs of my weight on Hip hop.. I love Shaun T! I know this is very vain of me, but I'm like I want a guy like that to be interested in me and it keeps me working!
SephyFowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:38 PM   #7  
Vates

S/C/G: 268/243/150

Height: 5"6

no way, you can do anything. I am 248 and i take kickboxing and step classes. It's hard work but you can totally do it
Vates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 229.5/229.5/160

Hi everyone. I am new to this site and I have been skeptical about HHA until I found this site. I am ordering it right now and I will definitely let everyone know how it is going. I, too, am over 200 pounds and have not worked out in a long time. I do look forward to it. Thanks for the support that is yet to come!!

What does not kill you will only make you stronger!!!
RockiLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:24 PM   #9  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I have it and love it as well. I agree, it's not too bouncy or high impact, you can easily keep it low and still get a lot out of it. And it is super fun. He also has another DVD out called Rockin Body that looks even more fun. I really want to get that one next.

He does have a very will smith-ish personality and he's very boisterous, but he was always that way in high school too. He's just a goofball.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:06 AM   #10  

Hi Everyone!!

Hey Lalique: You can do HHA and you can also try it a little cheaper than going to the website to buy. Last time I logged in, I thought I bought the DVDs on line , only to find out the order did not go through. I am glad it didn't becuase I just bought a new package from eBay for 23.90!! It comes with what I think I need to get started. The 2 DVDs includes the Secret to Flat Abs, Fat Burning Cardio, Ab Sculpt and Total Body Burn.

I am also looking (in the future) to probably add Turbo Jam to my workouts. I will see how HHA goes when I receive it...I will keep you posted. Keep your head up...You will do just fine.

To everyone else, I really do look forward to being a part of this group of women who are doing the DAMN THANG with getting in shape. Much love to you all.....
Old 05-05-2008, 11:03 AM   #11  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

I did what RockiLake did-bought the videos (brand new) off ebay!!!! With the shipping it came to $22.00 total. If you by directly from the website, it's like 3 payments of $20.00 each time. There are plenty of them still available on ebay. For $20 bucks, you can't go wrong. Good luck, and go at your own pace.
chris313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:05 AM   #12  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

I meant to spell "buy" not "by"
chris313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:47 PM   #13  

Hello Again Ladies,

I finally got my DVD from my order on eBay. I have yet to use it due to so much stuff going on in the last week! My husband had his gallbladder removed and I was spending a lot of time at the hospital. He is out and I am ready to begin my workout. I looked at it on yesterday to see what to expect, and I think it will be fine until I am ready to add something new. I can't wait to get up to 30 posts so I can record my weight loss on line with everyone else. Until the next time Ladies, stay positive!!!!!
Old 05-18-2008, 11:54 PM   #14  

Height: 5'3"

I just got this dvd, too. I bought mine used on amazon though... I have read that a lot of people who have bought it from the tv commercial have been scammed. I just did it tonight and thought it was fun. I am bigger than you are and I did it just fine (though I am not very coordinated so I am sure I looked ridiculous.)

I would definitely recommend buying it from amazon or ebay though.
beautybooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:38 AM   #15  

Hello Beautybooty (nice name),

I started my workout today and it was more than what I expected. I looked at the DVD before hand and thought, OK, I can do this....!! Then I started it. I thought I had some kind of rhythm before this video, but I felt like a complete idiot I enjoyed the workout though. I did not, however, enjoy the music too much. I was expecting something a little more upbeat. Maybe I should be grateful since I really stunk it up on the first try Does anyone else think Sean is a little sweet?

Anyway, I do recommend the DVD to other people. Like Beautybooty said, buy it off eBay or something like that It makes it worth it.

Can anyone tell me anything about Turbo Jam? I read somewhere (on another forum) the two of these workouts work well together! Have fun working out ladies....