Old 07-10-2007, 09:21 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 213.2/207/145

Height: 5'7"

Default totally new to WATP!!!

ok so at work we started a walking challenge and we picked different destinations across the states and if you wanted to you can pick a team and join in trying to walk as many miles as it is to that particular place as a joint effort. Not everyone has to walk the full distance does that make sense? ok so anyway. My daughter is 6 months old today and I haven't been able to lose any weight at all since having her so I joined a team and decided that since it's 96 degrees outside and I have a 3 year old and a 6 month old walking outside isn't very likely most of the time so I found WATP. Holy cow I didn't know I could walk a mile so fast! I absolutely love it! I finished the 1 mile and then did the 2 after getting the crayons for my son. I have the express dvd. I can't wait to do it again tomorrow. I walk all day at work but that isn't counted toward our challenge goals since not everyone at work walks as much as some others. Plus it has to be intentional exercise! No problem this work out is easy and fun and time flies! I can't believe I did both sections back to back on day 1 but I feel great! Thank you Leslie Sansone!!!!!!

Can anyone tell me how I might go about figuring calorie burn for certain videos? Thanks!
Hillarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:57 PM   #47  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillarie View Post
Can anyone tell me how I might go about figuring calorie burn for certain videos? Thanks!

I track mine in FitDay and count it as aerobics general. There are a few ladies on here that are members of Leslie's Walk Club. Maybe then can tell you. I haven't found it on the club site. I have a temporary membership because I bought the kit at Target. If you haven't seen it, it's 3 or 5 mile challenges/advanced. It includes the hand weights, belt and stretchie. It is or was under $30 and it is in the video section. I was looking in the exercise section. Silly Me!

Have fun! Oh, you may get bored doing the same routines over and over. I certainly do. I went to the library and checked out some of Leslie's other workouts.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:58 PM   #48  
I wanna be a loser, too

OK. I came home from work today and did the entire 5 mile challenge w/weights, belt and stretchie.

I'm pooped!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:11 PM   #49  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

According to Leslie's site:

You burn about 100 calories per mile done without a booster (stretchie, etc)
You burn about 125 calories per mile with a booster

Of course, those are approximations due to individual differences, but it's a safe estimate. I track mine as low-impact aerobics, rather than walking since it's so much arm work and other kinds of movements.
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:51 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

hello everyone wow i just did the walk slim 4 fast miles and wow i sure do like it. it was a lot faster then the 4 mile super challenge but i made it threw and wow i feel great. cant wait till the end of 10 days to see a difference!!!

adah
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:19 PM   #51  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Happy Wednesday everyone!!! Just wanted to check in and say hi! I am still going strong with 2 miles a day at least! Woot! I am having a good day, I have decided music is a big motivator for me! So I am going to start getting music for my IPod as a reward! Fun! Anyways, its weight day for me, so I will be doing 2 miles with the weights later this evening! Have a wonderful day!
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:26 PM   #52  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Good afternoon! I did the entire 5 Mile with all the boosters this morning! And in a bit, I'm going to do some health-related reading! I bought myself 2 new books yesterday and I want to LEARN! First, I bought Strong Women Stay Slim, which was recommended on another site. It focuses on the the power of strength training in the process of losing weight, especially as women age and their metabolism slows down. Then, I also got Smart Girls Do Dumbbells, which just adds to the lists of exercises I can do for that same purpose! I really need something to jump-start my metabolism and I'm hoping this is it!
Old 07-11-2007, 09:35 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 213.2/207/145

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Hi everyone. I didn't do WATP today as I walked with a girlfriends from work for three miles on top of walking 6 at work today. So I'm a little tired. I did buy the 3 and 4 mile express tape today though so I can't wait to try it out. I'm so happy it came with a stretchie! My goal is to walk a total of 50 intentional exercise miles By July 31st. I feel it's attainable. I'm hoping this will help me start losing weight finally since I've lost nothing since my daughter was born Jan 10th. I have a pair of size 6 pants calling my name from deep within the closet. I want so badly to be able to put them on again. I'll weigh in again tomorrow as I got up late this morning. Keep stepping girls. I know I can so this one step at a time!
Hillarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:49 AM   #54  
I wanna be a loser, too

I braved the hot room yesterday and did the 5 mile challenge. Boy! I glowed!
Old 07-13-2007, 06:51 PM   #55  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

I did 3 miles again today. I took yesterday off from exercise, because I was EXHAUSTED! And I really don't want to get burned out. But I did 3 miles today, feeling good. I am probably also going to do her, you can do abs dvd, to get some strength training in. Found my stablilty ball and it all pumped up! Have a great day everyone!
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:20 PM   #56  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Today I did the original 1 mile WATP with 3 pound weights, the 1 mile Walk Diet, and 20 minutes (1.09 mile) on the treadmill! I made my goal of 20 miles for the week, too (with a day to spare)!
Old 07-14-2007, 05:43 PM   #57  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Good afternoon, walkers! This afternoon, after putzing around the house much of the day, I guilted myself into doing a workout. I did the 4 mile Super Challenge and feel GREAT (though HOT and SWEATY, too)! Just as I got started, my husband walked into the room and kissed me. When I asked him what that was for, he said, "Motivation!" Such a sweetie!
Old 07-15-2007, 04:41 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 243/221.4/170

Height: 5'10"

I'm coming in pretty late to this, and I'm keeping my goals really small as I'm just working on getting exercise into my daily routine at the moment. I have a Leslie Sansone Weight Loss Walk DVD. I did just the first 1-mile segment last night and am just about to try out the next segment. I'm really just trying to do a mile a day for the rest of the month - if I manage to do more, great!

I'm moving in about a week and a half, so things will be really crazy. But I'm going to try really hard to get at least a mile in each day. It's only 20 minutes!
sillybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:42 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 243/221.4/170

Height: 5'10"

I got about halfway through segment 2, which is 1.5 miles, before DD started demanding my undivided attention. So that's about another half mile for me today.
sillybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:00 AM   #60  
I wanna be a loser, too

HUH! I forgot to come in here to report in over the weekend.

I did the Fat Burner workout on Sat. Sunday I did the Fat Burning workout.

Fat Burner is about 2 miles of intensity. Fat Burning is Leslie by herself using weights and interval workout.