Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:12 PM   #1  

Default new here

Hi there!! I posted up in the newbie/buddy area and it was suggested that I might want to try here too! I need to lose 10-12 pounds desperately! I am so disgusted with myself - I used to be able to lose weight so easily - now I just can't seem to do it. I was kind of hoping to get a little support here, but I'm a little afraid that I'm going to be jealous of all of you who actually can achieve something (not resentful, just jealous!!!) Oh well, just wanted to say hello
genamv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 12:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

This site is AWSOME!!! It has helped me alot! I'm here to help in anyway I can!!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:47 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Hi Genamy .... Please join us in the weekly thread where we support one another... Even though most of us only have 10-20# to lose we struggle just as much if not more than the others who need to lose more...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:54 AM   #4  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Okay--so did anyone post the # of pounds they lost during August. I did. ZERO. What the????? Anyway, I'm going to buckle down and lose 4 pounds in September.....Then I'll almost be there!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:04 AM   #6  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

I haven't weighed yet - weighing in tomorrow. I'm hoping for 1.5lbs lost, but may or may not happen! I suppose I'd better drink more water to give me a fighting chance!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:55 PM   #7  
Ilene the Bean

Alliso0n, I didn't lose either ... September WILL be better
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:54 PM   #8  

Here's something sad - I haven't even really tried in the last couple of weeks. About a month ago I was doing great! I was exercising, dieting, etc. I lost about 5-6 lbs. Then - it came back. For no reason that I can think of. I was so depressed I just started eating again - all the wrong foods of course. I know I shouldn't weigh myself every single day, but I can't help myself!!
I used to be so so good at controling what I ate and exercising (okay - to the point of obsession - and I have the dx to prove it ) - now.....nothing. Well, thanks for listening ladies!!!
And congrats to all of you who are doing well and losing and exercising and being healthy - keep it up!!!!
Old 09-01-2006, 09:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

I KNOW September will be better. I'm cleaning out the wine cabinet so that I am not tempted at all......I will lose 4 pounds in September....I will, I will!!!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:39 PM   #10  

Okay - September it is! Although it hasn't begun well - we had family gathering both days so far this weekend and there is always food with the fun. But that still leaves the rest of September, right?