Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-31-2016, 07:17 PM   #16  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Welcome, syddit, and welcome back, CallyMay! You can use this forum in whatever way suits you best. Weigh in and check in when you like, start threads - whatever you're comfortable with. We're just happy you're here to share the journey!

HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:24 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 120/115/108

Height: 5'4''

Thanks for the welcome back.
I had decided that this months, I would cycle and walk everywhere since I don't have to go so far I couldn't do it on my bike. In January we had quite a bit of snow and I had to use the tram a lot because cycling would have been dangerous. Now the snow is gone and I don't really have an excuse to to cycle. But today it is really windy and I absolutely hate cycling when it is windy/stormy. It is so much harder to cycle against the wind and there is a little bit of rain as well. I'm determined to still cycle. it gets windy here quite often, so I can't make that an excuse unless it it so bad it gets dangerous, but today I'm so tempted to just hop on the tram.
Edited to add: now there is an official warning becuse of gale-force winds and that means cycling is actually too dangerous. Meaning I have to hop on the tram and have already screwed up one of my goals.

Last edited by CallyMay; 02-01-2016 at 07:48 AM.
CallyMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:48 PM   #18  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallyMay View Post
Thanks for the welcome back.
I had decided that this months, I would cycle and walk everywhere since I don't have to go so far I couldn't do it on my bike. In January we had quite a bit of snow and I had to use the tram a lot because cycling would have been dangerous. Now the snow is gone and I don't really have an excuse to to cycle. But today it is really windy and I absolutely hate cycling when it is windy/stormy. It is so much harder to cycle against the wind and there is a little bit of rain as well. I'm determined to still cycle. it gets windy here quite often, so I can't make that an excuse unless it it so bad it gets dangerous, but today I'm so tempted to just hop on the tram.
Edited to add: now there is an official warning becuse of gale-force winds and that means cycling is actually too dangerous. Meaning I have to hop on the tram and have already screwed up one of my goals.
To me what your story illustrates is that you were willing to cycle in gale-force winds to meet your goals - glad you didn't do that! - and that you are very dedicated to sussing out what is best for you. Take good care of yourself - you deserve it!
Old 02-02-2016, 03:58 AM   #19  

Thanks. In the end I was glad I didn't take the bike. Today I can walk since it's only a 10 minute walk to where I'm giving lessons.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:33 PM   #20  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Lightbulb

I'm thinking that maybe next month we could try combining the weigh-in with the chat. It seems we're all busy people, and don't always have time to visit both! I'm probably not the only one who likes hearing about everyone's life news that they want to share, and I think it helps others to read what you feel is share-worthy.

Any thoughts on the subject?
Old 02-07-2016, 11:54 PM   #21  
Nutritionally Obsessed

S/C/G: 130/118/under 120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungerWerks View Post
I'm thinking that maybe next month we could try combining the weigh-in with the chat. It seems we're all busy people, and don't always have time to visit both! I'm probably not the only one who likes hearing about everyone's life news that they want to share, and I think it helps others to read what you feel is share-worthy.

Any thoughts on the subject?
I vote to keep them separate like we have, except for the short commentary we have had all along. I think this would keep the weigh in thread easier to navigate.

Your comments are always so kind and appreciated in the weigh in thread, of course!

Last edited by JenFZ09; 02-07-2016 at 11:54 PM.
JenFZ09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 12:34 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 193/131/125

I'm finally starting to like my legs a little bit!!! They have been the most stubborn in my quest to slim down. I have quite bony shoulders/back (not just because of less fat, but because I need to build up some muscle there lol), fairly small waist, I'm down to a 32D (from 34DD post-reduction surgery), my arms are slim-ish (got a bit of batwing, but I don't focus on it), but my LEGS are still hanging on for dear life, or were!

I'm really hoping I end up a size 4 but I really don't know if that's realistic (for my bottom half, anyways). I think a proper size 6 (as in, most brands that's where I am, not just sometimes a 6, sometimes an 8) is probably the most I should hope for, but… 4 just seems in the small category more so than 6? And when you're losing vanity pounds, well, I think that's ok to care about!
ladyfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:41 AM   #23  

I have a similar problem. At the top I'm so bony my breastbones stick out, although I have built up a bit more muscle thoughout the past years. I do medieval swordfencing and when I started it, I started doing press-ups because I needed more muscle to hold and use the sword. But my legs are still pudgy, especially my calves. On my father's side of the family, most people have big calves and I think I see mine as being worse than they actually are, but I don't really dare to wear skirts or dresses without dark leggings in summer and I would like that to change.
And I like the expressio "vanity pounds". I don't even tell people in my environment I want to lose a bit of weight because most of them would just tell me I don't need to. And I know I don't "need to" for health reasons, but I'd like to so I can be abit happier with my body.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:34 PM   #24  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenFZ09 View Post
I vote to keep them separate like we have, except for the short commentary we have had all along. I think this would keep the weigh in thread easier to navigate.

Your comments are always so kind and appreciated in the weigh in thread, of course!
Thank you for your kind words and comment, Jen! I might just add the words "coffee klatsch" (sp?) or some such if I end up being the one who starts that thread, just in case people want to add something about their journey, but don't feel like making the trek to the official chat thread.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:51 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 181/ticker/115

Hello there! Guhhh, I haven't been a good girl AT ALL lately!!! First there was the time for my favourite seasonal delicacy (a bun that's been cut in half like a bread roll and filled with marzipan and whipped cream.... SO GOOD, AND THE TEXTURE!!!!!), and then I found out I'll be losing my flat soon -> first flat hunt, and now I'm packing for a move, and while at it writing my thesis of course, so I've been really stressed and eating accordingly! LUCKILY the packing and lifting/carrying heavy boxes has been some good exercise, + I'm pretty hooked to bouldering, so I've been still losing, although really slow. GAH I just want this moving thing to be over so I can be back at living my life and have more energy to cook and eat healthy!!!

Good stuff thoug - maaaaan I'm getting so strong. Bouldering is such great exercise. I'm probably stronger than I ever was, and when I found some old clothes while going through some boxes in the cellar, I found out I'm the size I was when 19. But I NEED to go forward. I want that light, functional body. My goal is at 115, but I'm secretly dreaming of breaking away from 110s too some day.
pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 04:56 AM   #26  

Now, 105..... that would be so nice. 105. To do some climbing with a body like that. It would be sweeeet!!!
Old 02-17-2016, 11:28 AM   #27  

I would love to be 105 as well. I haven't been weighing myself every morning because the bathroom is so cold in the mornings and that makes me scared of taking off my clothes and jumping on the scales. I don't think I've gained, but I'm not sure if I'm losing - if I am it is slow.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:36 PM   #28  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeon View Post
Hello there! Guhhh, I haven't been a good girl AT ALL lately!!! First there was the time for my favourite seasonal delicacy (a bun that's been cut in half like a bread roll and filled with marzipan and whipped cream.... SO GOOD, AND THE TEXTURE!!!!!), and then I found out I'll be losing my flat soon -> first flat hunt, and now I'm packing for a move, and while at it writing my thesis of course, so I've been really stressed and eating accordingly! LUCKILY the packing and lifting/carrying heavy boxes has been some good exercise, + I'm pretty hooked to bouldering, so I've been still losing, although really slow. GAH I just want this moving thing to be over so I can be back at living my life and have more energy to cook and eat healthy!!!

Good stuff thoug - maaaaan I'm getting so strong. Bouldering is such great exercise. I'm probably stronger than I ever was, and when I found some old clothes while going through some boxes in the cellar, I found out I'm the size I was when 19. But I NEED to go forward. I want that light, functional body. My goal is at 115, but I'm secretly dreaming of breaking away from 110s too some day.
The size you were when you were 19 - congratulations! And "bouldering" sounds fun. I'm guessing that's some kind of rock climbing?
Old 02-18-2016, 05:13 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungerWerks View Post
The size you were when you were 19 - congratulations! And "bouldering" sounds fun. I'm guessing that's some kind of rock climbing?
Thank you! And yeah, it is. No long climbs to high places, but small "problems", no ropes, only pads and mattresses. It's indoor season now though so pretty much like wall climbing except on shorter walls and without belayers. Fun stuff. :3
Old 02-20-2016, 11:41 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 193/131/125

I reduced my calories a bit the past few days (1300-1400 is my goal - keeping breakfast/lunch/snack around 300 each, then 400 for dinner). I had a great response from my body - dropping 2 pounds (1 of water weight probably and 1 real) and I'm feeling better because I'm not so stressed about exercising? Like, I still want to get my steps in but it's not "I won't lose anything if I don't exercise" and needing to burn calories. I've also realized I don't NEED more than that, like I'm not starving in between if I choose my foods carefully.

I was a bit worried since I seemed to be plateauing in February (began at 138.4, was stuck at 138.4-138.6), but now I'm 136.6 and … this feels so little! 6.8 pounds until the 120s!
ladyfat is offline   Reply With Quote