Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:17 PM   #16  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

My goal for the rest of this week is to stay off the scale until Sunday I want to go back to weighing in once a week.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:29 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 152/104/102

Height: 5'2"

Thinking of maintaining this month. Pumpkin rolls and spiced lattes and octoberfest beer oh my. Struggling to keep calories low enough to lose!
kristip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:37 AM   #18  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlesfirehawk View Post
Weighed in at 130 woot looks like my hard work is paying off.i need to try and only weigh in on Sunday's agai.
Congrats, SFH!
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:45 AM   #19  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisin5Cookies View Post
It is a touchy subject, I think, and as a rule I don't say anything to other people about their weight.

The moment when I decided to never mention weight to anyone else, EVER, was when I mis-overheard a conversation at a party and thought an acquaintance had lost something like 40kg before I met her. I gushed on and on about what a lot of weight that was! Yeeaaahh. She was talking about how she gained it and was most hurt at my comments. I was seriously looking for a hole in the ground to dive into!!
I've had those moments, too. For weight, my worst was, IIRC, saying something about someone being pregnant who wasn't. I think the person you were talking to was probably a little relieved to hear that someone would think that she had lost weight.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:48 AM   #20  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbysmall View Post
Thanks! I have found that early planning really helps me. Plus it taps into my natural Type A inclinations so that works too. I use the divider in my day planning to post all my meals for the week.

I actually got some feedback from co-workers these past 2 weeks on my weight loss. It seemed positive, but I hope they don't think I am wasting away or something...

Back to cooking, tomorrow is my birthday so I have a yummy lunch and light dinner planned so I can indulge in my healthy chocolate molten lava cake recipe in the pm. It really is so good, you wouldn't think it was low carb/low sugar.
Small, I hope you had a great birthday! How was the cake?
Old 10-07-2015, 07:52 AM   #21  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackierenee88 View Post
Hi ladies I am new here. What diet are you all following to have lost all this weight?
I'm just doing a calorie diet. Tbh, 1500 now, but will return to 1200 soon, maybe. Welcome to the Featherweight Forum!

Old 10-07-2015, 09:51 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 130/108/104

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungerWerks View Post
Small, I hope you had a great birthday! How was the cake?
Thank you! It was delicious, so good I had it again last night
chubbysmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:27 PM   #23  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackierenee88 View Post
Hi ladies I am new here. What diet are you all following to have lost all this weight?
I am amazed at how much weight some people in the featherweights have lost! I lost a little more than 20 pounds in around 4 months, and I look pretty dramatically different.

I have been following a low carb/low fat ketogenic diet that relies a lot on processed protein foods (Ideal Protein). I don't like the processed part, but it is the only plan that has worked for me in years & years of trying to lose "just a few pounds" which on me equals about 2-3 sizes (I think that is right... from ~size US 10 to ~ size US 4-6). The calories are quite low - usually around 750-900, but the protein is high and when done right I wasn't hungry. I was chipping away at the last 3 or 4 pounds... then...

I have been sick for the last couple of weeks, a chest cold, which made me ravenous. All dieting off! Binge-y behaviors back! The only foods I wanted were bready and/or involving honey??? Ick. I watched my weight and it was OK for a few days but today when I checked I was up nearly 4 pounds. Hoping at least a couple of that is water weight from the excess carbs...

It takes me more than a month to lose 4 pounds usually...Nothing to do but hunker down again

Last edited by EmmaD; 10-10-2015 at 09:44 PM. Reason: typo
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:40 PM   #24  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

I just realized that I stopped tracking my food on September 3! I'm not sure what happened on that exact day - I had reached a low at that point of 132.8 pounds [which is only 3 pounds away from my current GOAL!]. Went away for the weekend and never got back to tracking. I still lost a little in September, one whole pound, but it was a lot of up & down.

Sadly I think for a while I HAVE to keep tracking. It's the only thing that keeps me from eating 8 tortillas or 4 English muffins in a sitting. OMG - when I weigh bakery bread it is shocking how many calories a slice has! OK, I have been sick for a couple of weeks, so I am cutting myself a little slack but still... it's not normal to jump right back into gorging on processed carbs.

I can't remember if most of you actually track your intake or not.

I hope I can get to the point where I can make good decisions without tracking everything, but for now: NOPE!

ALSO - OMG - How do/did you all get into exercising?!?

For me it is like dieting, it just "clicks" at some point but it is just not happening in the last few months. My inner child has dug her heels in and I am doing NOTHING. Which I am so opposed to philosophically, but so far I haven't been able to motivate. I have to figure out how to kick my own butt.

YEAH!

Last edited by EmmaD; 10-10-2015 at 09:44 PM. Reason: typo
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 12:46 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post

For me it is like dieting, it just "clicks" at some point but it is just not happening in the last few months. My inner child has dug her heels in and I am doing NOTHING. Which I am so opposed to philosophically, but so far I haven't been able to motivate. I have to figure out how to kick my own butt.

YEAH!
If you figure this out, let me know...because I still can't seem to get into exercise. I had to buy some new jeans because of weight loss...which kinda sucks a little because some of them I didn't even wear. It doesn't suck enough to make me gain the weight back though!

Shopping/walking and trying on skinny jeans is my weekend workout....I think I busted out some sit-ups mid week but yeah that was it.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:03 PM   #26  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
I just realized that I stopped tracking my food on September 3! I'm not sure what happened on that exact day - I had reached a low at that point of 132.8 pounds [which is only 3 pounds away from my current GOAL!]. Went away for the weekend and never got back to tracking. I still lost a little in September, one whole pound, but it was a lot of up & down.

Sadly I think for a while I HAVE to keep tracking. It's the only thing that keeps me from eating 8 tortillas or 4 English muffins in a sitting. OMG - when I weigh bakery bread it is shocking how many calories a slice has! OK, I have been sick for a couple of weeks, so I am cutting myself a little slack but still... it's not normal to jump right back into gorging on processed carbs.

I can't remember if most of you actually track your intake or not.

I hope I can get to the point where I can make good decisions without tracking everything, but for now: NOPE!

YEAH!
Hope you're feeling better now, Emma. Seems like so many of us are in the same boat - stopped tracking for a while and WHAM! the pounds creep back on.

My thing is I like to feel full, and that means four English muffins or whatever. "Serving sizes" crack me up - THAT is not a serving size, it's a BITE! So, yeah, can totally relate.

As far as exercise, I was FORCED back into it today. Was trying to get ONE-TENTH OF A POUND below last Sunday's weigh-in weight, which was 107.6. I

1. Scrubbed the outside of the house for a couple of hours. NO.

2. Did DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) for about an hour, then cooled down with yoga. NO DICE.

3. Worked on sanding some trim to ready it for painting, and walked around talking on the phone for an HOUR. Yay! Finally made it.

So we'll see if I keep up with the formal exercising. I have so much to do around the house for the holidays, that I try to exercise doing that, instead of the other. I'd rather do one than both.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:05 PM   #27  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbysmall View Post
If you figure this out, let me know...because I still can't seem to get into exercise. I had to buy some new jeans because of weight loss...which kinda sucks a little because some of them I didn't even wear. It doesn't suck enough to make me gain the weight back though!

Shopping/walking and trying on skinny jeans is my weekend workout....I think I busted out some sit-ups mid week but yeah that was it.
Trying on skinny jeans, or other skinny clothes, like cute little dresses, or a form-fitting shirt or pencil skirt - there's nothing like it!
Old 10-11-2015, 06:12 PM   #28  
flyin purple people eater

S/C/G: sz 20/22 --> sz 10/12 --> sz 8

Height: 5'8"

I have been doing yoga daily for several months now - it's Kundalini Yoga, if anyone is familiar with it, and it's a lot more dynamic and exercise-y than other forms of yoga.

This weekend, I went to my first Kundalini Yoga & Meditation teacher training (woohoo!). Someone said to me that I don't look like I have five kids. I saw myself in the mirror, and I look like someone who could teach yoga.

I nearly cried.
Raisin5Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:22 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisin5Cookies View Post
I have been doing yoga daily for several months now - it's Kundalini Yoga, if anyone is familiar with it, and it's a lot more dynamic and exercise-y than other forms of yoga.

This weekend, I went to my first Kundalini Yoga & Meditation teacher training (woohoo!). Someone said to me that I don't look like I have five kids. I saw myself in the mirror, and I look like someone who could teach yoga.

I nearly cried.
That sounds like a wonderful moment to experience!

As for the yoga...
I have heard of it and seen it, but never tried it myself. I actually show the Frontiers "Worried sick" video routinely at work and it has a feature on Kundalini Yoga, meditation and the Relaxation response.

Actually meditation and yoga, or any mindfulness based practice DOES help weight loss, and there have been lots of studies on it. Stress throws your hormones/adrenals and metabolism out of balance, so making time to relax daily helps accelerate weight loss.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:29 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 152/104/102

Went on vacation with the family! Had a blast, tried to be sensible with the calories, but still splurged. Time to get back on track!
kristip is offline   Reply With Quote