Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/129/124

Height: 5'6"

Default I need to fit in my wedding dress!

Hi everyone,

After losing 40 pounds last year, I'm gaining. I seem to do okay with losing, but I have a really hard time maintaining. Right now, I just want to take back off the 5ish pounds I've gained so that my wedding dress will fit in October. It honestly feels like I have less motivation now than I did then, partially because the weight doesn't come off as easily. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
upandrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

Height: 5'6

lowering my carb intake always works for me.
skinnyelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 145/121/115

Height: 5'4"

It's hard to know what to suggest without knowing what your regimen looks like already.

skinnyelle39's suggestion that you reduce your carb intake is a good one. If I find that I've fallen particularly far off the wagon, I do a 'carb cleanse,' which is really just a few weeks of severely restricting my carbs (both in amount and what type I can consume). Not only does it reduce my cravings for the 'bad carbs' (which is typically part of the problem anyway), it also seems to jump start my weight loss again.

Tiny habit changes can make a big difference down the road, too. I used to love plopping down on the couch to watch a couple of shows on Netflix, but now I hop on the treadmill with some light weights (5lb) and walk (4mph) while I watch. My mom actually does a similar thing...if there's something she wants to watch on TV, she'll watch it while working out. I find that changes like this are SUPER easy to incorporate, because you don't have to carve out any additional time from your schedule so it doesn't feel like a restriction.

You may also have to resort to calorie counting. Do you have a smartphone? I know there's an app available for the iPhone/iPod touch called "LoseIt" with a pretty awesome food and exercise database. I HATE food journaling, but this app makes it super easy to track every meal and snack. It also helps you set up a plan to lose however much you want to lose! It isn't perfect, but it's been super helpful to me over the last few months.

I wish you luck! The last 5 pounds are always difficult (and I feel like I've been at 'the last 5' for most of my life!), but you've got plenty of time to get there before your wedding.
dotnsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:43 AM   #4  

You could try going to a weight watchers meeting. They have some pretty good advice .
Darence is offline   Reply With Quote