Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default Dining Out Restaurant Guide

Do any of you ladies know of a website with accurate nutritional information for chain restaurants in the U.S.? My family and I eat out basically Friday night thru Sunday night and sometimes the restaurants do not provide the nutritional content of meal choices. My husband and I are trying to make a concerted effort to eat well when we are out and also are concerned about our two sons. My older son has started eating off the adult menu lately so I need to monitor his choices carefully too. Thanks in advance.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

If it's a chain, the best thing to do is to go to the website for the restaurant itself, as it seems to be the most accurate. It's not as easy as having it in one place, I know!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #3  

That's what I was afraid of that I'd have to go onto the particular chain restaurant's website. It would make it easier if it was all in one place. A mother's work is never done...lol. Thanks.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

Well....it depends, what kind of phone or iPod do you have? They have apps that have this information. I have an iPod touch. I use the LoseIt app to keep track of calories. It has many chain restaurants nutritional info STORED in it, by stored I mean you don't need the Internet to access the information. I am sure there are others too.
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #5  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

I found this site a while ago...

Dotti's Weight Loss Zone - Restaurants

It is the largest list I have seen, and it seems to have just about any chain restaurant you can imagine. So if where you are going is on the list, this might be quicker than going through the restaurant's web site and downloading a pdf, or whatever.

She has the information for Weight Watchers but seems to have ALL nutritional information for the ones I have checked.

And yes, there are some really useful iPhone apps. But I often found that whatever I ordered was not listed; often the newer "healthy" things didn't show up on my list but maybe that had to do with me not updating frequently enough...

HTH -
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:50 PM   #6  

Thanks, EmmaD!! That one site makes things a lot easier for me. I will definitely check it out.