Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:27 AM   #1  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Default Face bloat...

Is it just me or does the face expand VERY NOTICEABLY after consumption of certain "less than perfect" foods/drinks or lack of sleep?
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #2  

Height: 5'0"

It's not just you. For some reason, my face gets puffy when I am not taking care of myself. It sucks, cause my face is very round, so it just makes me look like a ball. You should've seen me when I was pregnant... my face looked like a basketball.
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/150/145

Height: 5'7"

The skin on your face, especially around the eyes, is very thin and delicate.
It can't take much stretching without ballooning. Especially with high salt,fluid diets. The fluid will fill up the skin when the circulation is slow - like when you're sleeping. Presto - puff face in the morning.
4xcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

Height: 5'6

happens to me too! When I was heavier and obviously not eating too great my bf would make fun of how puffy my face would get while I was sleeping. Now that Im smaller and eating better he says it doesnt happen anymore...
skinnyelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:42 PM   #5  
Bacon makes it better.

S/C/G: 135/128/106

Height: 5'1.5"

I have the same problem with face bloat. I thought it was exclusively a white girl problem. I guess not

My stomach can get so bloated that I look like I'm pregnant. Both were less noticeable when I was at my goal weight. I guess that is one more motivation to lose weight.
SkinnyBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

This happens to me when I don't get enough sleep, especially on graveyard shift. I heard somewhere that if you have this problem with sleep, if you elevate your head (either by adding a thick pillow or even by raising the head of your bed relative to the foot by putting a book under it or something) while sleeping it helps to keep fluid from accumulating in your face and reduces the puffiness. Then again, it might have been in Cosmo, so not sure if it works....
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:44 AM   #7  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Is it just me or does the face expand VERY NOTICEABLY after consumption of certain "less than perfect" foods/drinks or lack of sleep?
YES!! I lose my cheek bones! Also about 5 seconds after I eat a bad carb my stomach bloats noticeably and I don't even have to over eat to the point of being too full either... Glad someone else's face bloats too...

A question along the same lines....have you guys ever noticed people in a restaurant when they are done eating their faces are bloated, take a look around you'll see a noticeable difference ... Most restaurants serve, and peopel eat, way toooo many carbs... I'm sure this is why their faces bloat... I'm a people watcher so I notice these things
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote