Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:15 AM   #1  

Height: 5'0"

Default So what does a featherweight eat?

I'm curious to see what a typical meal plan looks like in a featherweight diet. Here's mine lately:

Meal 1: Egg salad sandwich on whole grain bread

Meal 2: Chicken salad sandwich on whole grain bread, goldfish crackers

Meal 3: Leftovers from my kid's dinner, like the crusts from a grilled cheese sandwich and a spoonful or two of rice

Meal 4: White wine

Meal 5: Two hot dogs with buns, oven baked french fries

LOL Yeah, yeah, I know it's not the healthiest diet. And I wonder why my weight loss has stalled! But I haven't been great about eating on plan. When I DO eat on plan, then my meals are something like this:

Meal 1: Scrambled egg whites with spinach, whole grain toast

Meal 2: Roast chicken stuffed into Ezekiel bread pita, red pepper strips and hummus

Meal 3: Wedge of laughing cow cheese and apple wedges

Meal 4: Turkey breast chili

Meal 5: Hard boiled egg whites

I find eating clean soooooo boring. I'd love to see what the rest of you eat... maybe it'll give me some new ideas!
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

Unfortunately, not bagels LOL I have been missing bagels all week, but when they take up one-third of the day's calories, I have to weigh whether or not a mound of salty white dough is worth it.

Breakfast: Greek yogurt, fruit, and almonds, or 2 blueberry eggo waffles topped with fresh berries, or 1 egg +1 egg white goat cheese and chive omelet.

LUNCH: Chicken I have cooked and ready to eat for the week with whatever veg and grain I have ready to go. I cook this once or twice a week for lunches and this helps me stay on track.

DINNER: Whatever I am making the family, or a modification of what I am making them. Example....I'll make homemade chicken pot pie, but leave my crust in the serving dish for someone else to happily gobble up.

SNACKS: Airpopped popcorn with 1 T butter and salt is my latest nightly snack obsession.
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 124/123/115

Height: 5'1"

This time of year there are so many fruits in season here I struggle to not eat too many. My DD's sitter's family has an orchard, so they have been sending peaches, apples and plums home with her. Plus I bought 1/2 a bushel of peaches for the freezer (I freeze whole and vacuum seal).

My garden's finally producing, I've been having sandwiches for lunch w/ homegrown tomato and store bought spinach, chicken breast/chicken salad/tuna salad/lean hamburger on whole wheat.

Dinner is whatever I'm fixing for DH along with extra veggies. Last night I had grilled chicken w/ Mrs. Dash garlic and herb, steamed broccoli florets w/ oo, salt and parmesan cheese and some whole wheat pumpkin muffins. Monday he had grilled ham, I fixed grilled tilapia with green beans and the muffins again. Tonight I'm making pizza. Mine will be on a whole wheat pita w/ pureed spinach, then sauce, mushrooms, peppers and cheese. I got that idea from the _Deceptively Delicious_ cookbook (ways to hide veggie purees in food geared towards children, but it works for veggie averse hubby and myself as well). Lately I've been putting carrot puree in pasta sauce and cauliflower in scrambled eggs, chicken salad and macaroni and cheese w/ good results. The dessert recipes sound weird, though, I'd rather just have real desserts w/o spinach or beets less often.

One of my favorite easy meals is a can of garlic and herb pasta sauce, ground meat and whole wheat rotini with frozen chopped spinach added.
Amy3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 128/124/115

Height: 5'5.5"

Here's my typical daily meal plan...

Breakfast: Carnation Breakfast Essentials and sometimes 1 piece of whole grain toast (I am NOT a morning person and usually feel so awful in the morning that I skip breakfast -- I know this isn't healthy, but I just feel so sick!)

Snack: Baby carrots or pretzels with spicy mustard

Lunch: Turkey Sandwich with no cheese, spicy mustard, and whole grain bread, side of pretzels.

Post-workout snack: Protein powder mixed with 2 cups milk

Dinner: Chicken with veggies
laurielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 114/107/105

Height: 5'2

Through the week my days are pretty much the same--weekends, I try and do all my shopping and cooking, so I can just have everything at hand in the fridge.

Morning (first thing): Greens to go smoothie

Breakfast: 1 cup of fiber one + 1/2 cup of almond milk

Snack: 200 grams of frozen grapes

Lunch: 75gms of quiona cooked with coconut oil + 85 grams of peas+ 1 chopped roma tomato

Snack: 85 grams of broccoli slaw+ 1 tbsp of green goddess dressing

Dinner: 1 high fiber tortilla + 1 cup of alfalfa sprouts + homemade salsa+ 3 oz of cooked chicken breast

Dessert: Either a square of 88% dark chocolate or a healthy choice fudge pop

My diet is usually a little more varied with the fruits and veggies, but we've been living at my in-laws since March, and I haven't felt like it would be terribly polite of me to overtake their fridge! We move into our house next week and I'll have my fridge back--yay!
paperdollme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #6  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

i also cook/prepare a weeks worth (or so) worth of food to make things easier

Brkfst- 56 gram low carb whole wheat tortilla w/ 1 whole egg, 46 grams egg whites, approx 40 grams chopped mushrooms and 28 grams salsa . TOTAL 250 cals

Lunch- VARIES... usually approximately 3.2 oz cooked chicken breast, 80 calories of Yam, approx 350 grams of cooked veggie (such as kale, green beans, broccoli, etc) TOTALS usually around 350 cals

DINNER- looks just like lunch, minus the yams, and plus larger veggie serving
approx 350 cals

snack on about 255 grams worth of baby carrots throughout day..... 105 cals
sometimes have 20- 25 gram whey protein w/ water (80-100 cals)

sprays of I cant believe its not butter on veggies totalling approx 30-40 cals per day
SF gum totaling approx 40-60 cals per day
equal/splenda packets totalling approx 20-30 cals per day

Last edited by mkroyer; 07-28-2011 at 01:42 PM.
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 130/120/115

Height: 5'2"

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Oatmeal (measured dry), 3-5 egg whites
Lunch: Chick peas over lettuce with a drizzle of dressing, green pepper & cucumbers. 5 black corn tortilla chips with salsa.
Dinner: Varies--usually some combination of Tuna or Chicken with one serving of rice or pasta and a veggie

Snacks: Egg whites, cucumbers, sugar-free fudgecicles~

1200 cals on days i dont exercises, 1500 on days I do exercise (I burn 400 cals on my exercise days, absolute tops)

Last edited by mimi86; 07-28-2011 at 01:53 PM.
mimi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #8  

Height: 5'8

Typically looks like this:

Breakfast: Fried egg (non-stick pan, no oil) with 1/2 can of baked beans and grilled courgette / pepper OR 30g low sugar breakfast cereal, milk, sprinkle of seeds and a piece of fruit

Lunch: Salad with sardines and lots of vegetables, maybe a piece of rye bread. Oil and vinegar as dressings

Dinner: Salmon, sweet potato wedges and roasted vegetables w/ avocoado

After dinner snack: little bit of 75% chocolate dipped in chocolate tea, mmm.

Today I skipped lunch and had an apple w/ peanut butter at about 4pm instead! I don't really count calories anymore but I try to eat low carb and get enough fruit and veg (more veg than fruit). If I'm hungry I'll have a piece of fruit with greek yoghurt or something.
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 205-135 Maintaining since '10

Height: 5'1

Wednesday July 27 127 1573
Breakfast I (7:30/8:00) 328 total CALS
protein powder 30 g 170cals/45 g 113
milk 250 ml 90 cals/250 ml 90
maple syrup 10 ml 50 cals/15 ml 33
mango 70 g 107 cals/165 g 45
strawberries 20 g 80 cals/140 g 11
blueberries 20 g 80 cals/140 g 11
banana 25 g 108 cals/118 g 23

Breakfast II (10:00/10:30) 220 total Cals
pumpkin granola bar 1 bar 100 cals/1 bar 130
fuji apple 65 g 130 cals/242 g 35
satsuma mandarin 120 g 50 cals/109 g 55

Lunch I (12:00/12:30) 399 total CALS
couscous salad (couscous, chickpeas, kidney beans, cabbage, celery, oilive oil/red wine vinegar/honey dressing) 140 g 235 cals/140 g 235
chevre 15 g 80 cals/30 g 40
strawberries 30 g 80 cals/140 g 17
mandarin 100 g 45 cals/98 g 46
blueberries 30 g 80 cals/140 g 17
tomato 50 g 35 cals/148 g 12
avocado 20 g 240 cals/150 g 32
Lunch II (2:30/3:00) 276
Banana 85 g 108 cals/118 g 78
flax flat (made with whole rye grain kernels) 1 100 cals/1 slice 100
almond butter 15 g 80 cals/15 g 80
maple butter 5 ml 110 cals/30 ml 18

Diner (6:00/7:00) 250
chicken noodle soup (chicken breast
Celery
onion
Carrot
pepper
mushrooms
Broth
oil
noodles

*the format stinks as this is a copy/paste from my tracksheet. I weigh EVERYTHING and count EVERYTHING. My Lunch I items are all thrown into my couscous salad...

Today I weigh 122. I have been averaging 1741 cals/day since July 7 and averaging 1925 cals out/day since then too.

I usually eat 100 cals as a sweet treat everynight (a couple squares of dark chocolate/frozen blueberries)...

Dinner tonight? I'm not sure...
nads84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

Breakfast: Plain greek yogurt, cut up strawberries or blueberries, 1/2c Fiber One cereal.

Lunch: Big salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, carrots, and grilled chicken with light italian dressing, and pineapple with 2% cottage cheese.

Snack: A piece of fruit

Dinner: Flatbread pizza with tomatoes, onions and turkey pepperoni OR a veggie burger with a sauteed/roasted veggie on the side that can be eaten like "fries" (asparagus, green beans, sliced up squash)

Snack/Dessert: A Fiber One brownie or a low calorie ice cream pop or hot chocolate made with diet hot cocoa mix and unsweetened almond milk.
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:35 PM   #11  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I haven't had a regular eating schedule in a long time due to an impending trans-pacific move but a "typical" (read: IDEAL) day looks this way

Breakfast: Plain yogurt, maybe a banana

Lunch: Grilled chicken pan cooked in olive oil + assorted veggies. Starch I like getting from sweet potatoes. Maybe a piece of fruit.

Dinner: Salmon cooked in olive oil with lots of veggies, I aim for "lots of colors on the plate." Fruit - or full-fat ice cream - for dessert
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 148/122/119

Height: 5'7.5"

It's interesting to see what everyone eats. Here is my intake for today:

Breakfast: Irish oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon coated pecans, raisins and brown sugar.
Lunch: omelette with mushroom, tomato and Swiss cheese, a few potaoes fried with mushrooms, side salad, lemonade, lemon tart
snack: pickles
snack: nonfat plain frozen yogurt with mango, banana and cocoanut
supper: field greens with goat cheese, pecans, apple and no oil tangerine vinaigrette
snack: 2 madeleines, glass of white wine, pot of Earl grey tea.

I just realized I didn't have any meat today. Every day is different
Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:01 PM   #13  
Gaining control

S/C/G: 148/131/120

Height: 5'2

Any average day looks like this (Mon-Fri, weekends are a bit different because I don't work)

Breakfast - 2 hard boiled eggs.
Breakfast (mornings that I go running) - EAS myloplex protein shake, and usually still eat one hard boiled egg when I eat my snack.

Snack - Yogurt (either greek or dannon light and fit) OR fruit like banana or apple

Lunch - Either leftover meat from the night before such as chicken, etc with steamed veggies. Or a salad with lots of stuff like romaine lettuce, avocado, snap peas, tomatoes, peppers, onions, mustard greens, etc.

Snack- Celery with natural peanut butter or a cliff bar

Dinner - Lean meat of some sort with steamed or roasted veggies

Dessert- No sugar added fudge pop, only 40 calories and SO good.
mamamorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

FRIDAY
B: whole wheat toast, ½ oz Neufchatel, 1 egg white, spinach
S: Apple
L: 1 cup turkey zucchini chili
S: Baby carrots, hummus
D: ¾ cup white rice, chicken w/broccoli, brown sauce
S: 2 cups olive oil popcorn

SATURDAY
B: Chicken and broccoli, ½ cup white rice
S: None
L: low carb wrap, 1T light blue cheese dressing, sriracha, 2T blue cheese, 1.5 oz chicken, spinach, romaine
S: 2 cucumber vodka/club soda
D: Vegetable soup
S: 2 wasa, RF cabot cheese

SUNDAY
B: whole wheat toast, TJ turkey bacon, 1 egg white, spinach, TJ Roasted Red Pepper spread
L: spinach salad, cucumber, 1/6 cup craisins, 1T sunflower seeds, 1/8 cup Gorgonzola, light dressing
D: 3oz grilled spicy chicken, zucchini/squash saute
S: honey mustard pretzels

MONDAY (today)
B: WW toast, TJ turkey bacon, 1 egg white, spinach, TJ Roasted Red Pepper spread
S: Blueberries
L: 1 cup turkey zucchini chili
S: Cherry tomato, baby carrots, hummus
D: Cumin spiced chickpeas, 3/4 cup brown rice
S: 2 cups olive oil popcorn
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:14 AM   #15  

Height: 5'6

Breakfast: 1 cup of Cheerios with 1/2 cup of 1% milk, 1/2 cup of lowfat cottage cheese with 20 blueberries and 4 walnuts mixed in. 8 oz. glass of tomato juice - low-sodium kind.

Snack 1: apple slices with peanut butter.

Lunch: Salad consisting of 1 can of albacore tuna packed in water, 6 walnuts, 6 leaves of romaine lettuce, baby portabella mushrooms (sliced thin), seedless cucumber, carrots, green pepper and 1 T olive oil mixed with 2T lemon juice for dressing. One whole medium-sized baked sweet potato with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.

Snack 2: 6 whole wheat crackers with lowfat cottage cheese spread on top.

Dinner: Depends - varies from day to day with my kids. One typical meal would be: grilled chicken breasts, steamed spinach and brown rice.

Post workout: Scrambled egg whites after my morning run or after my strength training at night - small banana.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote