Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:46 AM   #1  
WonderWoman

S/C/G: 128/125/113

Height: 5'

Default Almond Milk vs. Soy and other Food Quesstions

Any opinions on taste? I love Soy milk...was going to try out almond milk or is rice milk good too? It's not really about disliking dairy or having any issues with animal products, I just wanted to try it out.

Also, any of the feathers in to weight training? I alternate upper body and lower body with one day of total rest and I have been craving protein. Daily! I need my fix. I think I've just switched up the focus of my food obsession from salad to meat....but...wow! I was never a huge meat eater and now I need it every day.

My mother's side of the family is full of meat eaters....I've finally succumbed and gone over to that side....
ju5tdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I prefer almond. The vanilla is sometimes too sweet, but it's good in smoothies. I don't like soy. Coconut milk (in the box, not the can) is ok too. Not much flavor but fine in a smoothie or cereal. For straight drinking I use goat milk.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I use Almond milk, either Almond Breeze or Almond Dream , unsweetened.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:53 AM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I haven't tried any but soy, but I really like soy quite a bit. I no longer particularly care for milk.

I lift! I don't know if I crave meat or not because I've eaten a pretty strict amount of protein throughout. My cravings tend to be popcorn and chocolate. LOL!

I have changed up my routine several times. Currently I have it broken down for five days: chest/abs, legs, back/abs, shoulders, biceps/triceps/abs. This has it's pros and cons, like all routines. The biggest con I find is that I use my biceps for chest, shoulders and back, so I don't feel like I'm ever resting them. But I like getting in three days of abs. And this routine shortens the lifting time each day so I get a good amount of cardio in too.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Height: 5'4"

I use almond milke unsweetened vanilla... I love it in my cereal!

Also I weight train. I was into competitive weightlifting in highschool .... nothing that intense now though.
LLBoldAsLove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:43 AM   #6  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

I drink vanilla almond milk almost daily. Just a bit in my coffee or tea as I don't use milk for much else. It's good by the glassful though too.

I drank soymilk for years and switched because my fiancee prefers the taste. I can say now that I do too - it's a cleaner taste, soy milk has that beany thing to it that some don't like. Soy milk has more protein, but almond milk has more vitamin E and if you are already eating soy a few times a day (like I am) it's nice to get away from it for a few products.

I've tried rice milk and I don't like it much - too watery and salty tasting. Same with hazelnut milk and coconut milk. It's almond or soy for me.
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:58 AM   #7  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

If you were to choose between the 3, my order would be this;

1. Almond, orginal, not the vanilla flavoured.
2. Soy
3. Rice
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote