Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'7"

Default weird mood swings

Does anybody else get strong mood swings about staying on plan? Sometimes I feel incredible sad and discouraged, then 2 minutes later, I feel invincible like I can finally get to my goal. I know it's not blood sugar because it happens too quickly.... Any ideas?
flippychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:26 PM   #2  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I don't know what it is, but it happens to me too. In the course of one day I can go from "I'M HOT" to "I'M NEVER GOING TO BE ANYTHING BUT A WHALE" and back again countless times. I experience rage and tantrum-like frustration, misplaced feelings of entitlement, and spikes and dips in self-esteem, all in the name of weight and vanity.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'7"

I guess the only consolation is knowing that that lows will pass and be replaced with a high eventually. I'm sorry you suffer through this too, but I'm glad to know I'm not alone in this....
flippychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #4  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

I've experienced this before.

Sometimes it's triggered by what type
of clothing I'm wearing. Heels, dress pants,
and a lovely shirt result in a happy Sierra.
Jeans, snow boots, and a jacket (which
is what I wore today, unfortunately) result
in my unhappy, lazy days.

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:29 PM   #5  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

That's a really good point Sierra. Wearing a flattering outfit that inspires confidence makes all the difference.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:47 AM   #6  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

I get this occasionally...I think for me, it might somewhat be blood sugar related. Eating just really honestly does make me happy. I don't know how people can tell you it doesn't or that it's temporary or unrelated. It feels good to be full and satisfied.

And yeah, giving up the foods you love or seeing the scale go the wrong direction can lead me to a bad day. I was practically in tears a few months ago over denying myself a mocha from Starbucks. lol. I thought I was just crazy so hopefully you guys can relate.
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 163/142/129

Height: 5'3"

I experience this too. I think it is partly because I try and try and try and don't succeed. For example, I've been working out, eating right, blah, blah, blah all of January and I weight exactly the same as I did the day after Christmas. I allowed myself 2 or 3 crazy days at Christmas and ate everything. Now after being diligent I have nothing to show for it. Frustrating and makes me want to say "screw it."

But, then I have a moment of sanity and realize that things take time and eventually, if I keep doing the right things, changes will happen.
jms423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 156/154/125

Height: 5'1.5"

Is it reactionary? Like something happens and you get upset? Sometimes I see it as willpower supply. And for example, studying for a subject I hate takes some willpower so that there's less willpower for my weight loss efforts hehe. I've recognized this and can now take steps to be in control of my emotions as much as possible. Anything that brings negative energy has the potential to cause a dent in how I feel and how I approach my weight loss efforts. I just have to manage everything, stay on top of it, and remove as much of the negativity as I can.

Another thing, I believe it takes energy to be in a natural high all the time (as opposed to maybe just being neutral). I enjoy when I'm feeling on top of the world but everything in this world is like a wave, with ups and downs. So the inevitable low always comes, and I let it be, I don't fight it, don't pay attention to it, it will go away. The best thing to do imo is to get busy, read a book etc.
happynottsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote