Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 134/132/117

Height: 5'2"

Default Looking For A Calorie Counting Buddy!

Hi!
i'm Martina, i'm 25 and i'm from Italy!
I need to lose 18 pounds even if i'm already fine when i'm just 10 pounds lighter than now!
i'm eating an average of 1400 calories a day and i exercise a lot (walking, turbo jam, mini stepper), an average of 90 minutes 5 times a week..
i upped my calories because at 1000-1200 i wasn't losing any weight and i used to binge a lot since i felt deprived!

So.... i need a buddy who wants to start this journey with me!

CIAO!!!
marty8585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/122.4/healthy for life

Height: 5' 7.5"

Martina,
Where in Italy are you from? My family is originally from southern Italy (3 generations back, but I'm rather proud to be part-Italian) and I was just in northern Italy at the beginning of the summer.
Your decision to up your calories was wise. When we deprive our bodies of that many calories, it starts taking amino acids (the building blocks that make up protein) and using those for energy. This isn't good because your body needs those amino acids to build new cells (old ones die and have to be replaced all the time) and repair cells. With your level of exercise, I'd even suggest staying in the 1500 or 1600s calorie-wise.
That said, 3FC is here to support you! Keep it up!
Ciao!
oneoftwelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:58 AM   #3  
Alli

S/C/G: 230/195/165

Height: 5'6

Hi Martina,

Your goals are similar to mine...and I'm also having a hard time keeping myself accountable!!!

I've lost about 75 pounds on my own (long story...wasn't always overweight, gained a lot of weight over the last several years, now I'm back to probably my average weight and I really want to get down another 20 pounds or so).

I try to stay to 1400 calories per day. I also was at 1200, but was hitting plateaus so I upped it. I try to exercise every day, and I'm really proud when I do 6 days/week. Usually I do high intensity workouts, like cardio kickboxing, bootcamp style workouts, or the treadmill.

Send me a PM if you want to keep each other accountable. I think I need it!

Alli
abcunnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 134/132/117

Height: 5'2"

wow if one oh twelve means you have 11 siblings u're def all italian!!
i'm from naples, in the south.. where is your family from???
i hope i'm moving to milan (in the north) because my city doesn't really offer a lot to a young doctor!
marty8585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/122.4/healthy for life

Height: 5' 7.5"

Yes, I do have 11 siblings! And we're also originally from the Naples area as well. My great-grandfather on my father's side was born and raised in Naples before emigrating the United States in the 1940s. His youngest son is my dad's father.
My grandmother on my mom's side is the daughter of an Italian woman whose family came from a small town outside of Naples (don't remember the name); it's from this side of the family that we get all our good Italian recipes!
Ciao!
oneoftwelve is offline   Reply With Quote