Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:17 PM   #1  
Samantha417

Default This just might be my home

Hey, I've been posting in the 20 something's group, but I feel that I would more get the support I need here.

I've lost 22 lbs so far, but right now I'm back up at around 143...I was 138 two weeks ago. I feel like I've hit a mental plateau or something. I'm perfectly fine for the whole day until after dinner and it just goes down hill where I just start mindlessly eating...whether I'm at work or I'm home. I exercise every day (45-60 minutes of cardio plus weight training), but the eating is starting to get out of control.

I thought coming home from school would help me "behave" better, but it's only gotten worse. My friends have come to the conclusion that the only way for us to hang out is by going out to dinner...which I can't do. Or I'll complain to my mom that I need to eat healthier, and she'll instead take me out to dinner or just not have any food in the house so I need to search around. And my boyfriend's family are all thin and have never thought about what they're eating ever, so it's really hard for me.

It's getting annoying to me too that everyone is telling me that I don't need to lose weight...they even said that when I was at 160lbs. I just want to be in a community where people understand how I feel and can support that.

I'm just terrified that I'm going to gain this weight YET again. I just want to be down and done and stay that way. I think my issues are the evening eating and my sweet tooth. I know I just need to cut sugar out, but it's really hard to do when you're craving chocolate even after chewing gum and drinking tons of water.

Fellow featherweights, I need suggestions!
Old 06-16-2010, 11:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/98.2/100

Height: 4'10.5"

Hi Samantha! I can totally relate - I feel homeless sometimes too. The last 10 lbs feels so different, for me it's all a mental game, trying to keep myself on the straight and narrow.

I think the sugar craving is really tough - I had to cut it out almost completely to get myself away from that addiction, but little things can set me back so quickly. Like last week, I had some FF cool whip on top of SF jello, and next thing I know, I'm eating straight out of the tub of cool whip! Like it's freaking ice cream!!

Suggestions? Hm... I dealt with my cool whip problem by destroying it and throwing it away. It's been marked ILLEGAL and I just can't have it period. Other than that, the best way I've kept going towards goal is to keep doing what's gotten me this far, and just trying to be super strict about it until I get to goal.
chickapea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:11 AM   #3  
Samantha417

haha cool wip and the like are evil!
I've had to ban peanut butter out of my life for 3 months now. It still brings a tear to my eye. But when I get to have a little bit (this convenience store has a cup of cut apples with a little cup of peanut butter) it totally makes my day.

The cutting out sweets is so bad! My mom brings in chocolate covered peanuts and caramel covered bugles and just leaves them on the table for them to stare at me until I finally cave. I've told her to hide them from me so I don't feel tempted, or just to say the magic words of "mine, not yours. don't touch". That seems to be enough for me. She just doesn't say it enough! haha
Old 06-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/98.2/100

Height: 4'10.5"

LOL, that's crazy temptations there! Luckily I do all the grocery shopping for DH and I, so at least I feel like I have control over what comes into the house. Caramel covered bugles? I didn't even know they made those!

I just started exercising daily and the scale is just STUCK! It makes me so frustrated because I know it's good for me, but dang it, I like seeing my ticker MOVE! *must be zen* It can't stick forever, it can't stick forever, it can't stick forever.
chickapea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

Hey!!
We have almost the exact same stats! My height is in between 5'6 and 5'7.
Anyways, I am at 142 but I am waiting to change my ticker until the weekend is over...

I can understand the frustrations of being surrounded by people who dont think about what they are eating. Whenever I am alone with my husband we eat well because I plan out our meals, BUT when we are visiting family or have family visiting (as we did last week for 5 days) the eating is out of control. We actually ate out ALL 5 DAYS!!!

Maybe you could go grocery shopping for yourself now that you are at home (thats what I did when i returned home after school for the summers), that way you can pick up stuff like chicken breasts, veggies, fruit, healthy snacks, etc that you feel confortable eating.
Good luck and lets hope we reach goal soon!

When do you want to reach your goal by?
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Welcome, Samantha!

Last year I was taking off some baby weight, and my first step was to control nighttime eating. What I did was to give myself the option of a small snack or dessert each night, and that was all I was allowed to eat. Period. End of story.

My preferred dessert was 3 squares of really good dark chocolate. Not the cheap stuff. The good stuff. That way, a small amount is more satisfying. You can even break it up in advance, wrap it in foil or a snacksize ziploc, etc, so all you have to do is grab your portion for the night. Three squares is around 85 calories (depends on the brand/variety). I also got some really yummy tea (decaf) and would have one cup a night. I used to have it with a bit of honey, but now I don't even need that -- the tea alone is good enough.

For some people, the sugar is a trigger to eat more, so surely this wouldn't work for everyone. But for me, saying, "This is what you are having; enjoy it, and that's it!" really helped.

These days I am counting calories so I only eat at night if I have some calories left -- I love a little dessert (usually dark chocolate or low-fat ice cream) so I try hard to have those calories available!

OT, Chickapea, I used to live in San Diego and we are hoping to move back next year! I love your seaside pic!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:43 AM   #7  
Samantha417

I actually wanted to reach my goal by may, so I'm past due. I'm really close though, and I'm still debating if I want to go for more once I hit 135. The scale said 139.2 today, so it's just been crazy water weight and now that I had one full healthy day, I'm being rewarded. TOM starts on sunday though so we'll see how that goes. I still have a lot of flab, more than I had last time I was this low in weight, so I think I want to go for more, I just don't know what.

The dark chocolate is a great idea. I used to do that, but then actually started to really love dark chocolate, so I had to cut back on that. I've been brushing my teeth when a craving hits at night, so I wont want to eat.