Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/155/130

Height: 5'6"

Default Intro

Hi everyone!
I am new to 3FC, so figured i would introduce myself here.
I have struggled with my weight since puberty (prior to that i was very thin). In college i lost a ton of weight and was down to 128lb. I gained a bit back, but when i got married Dec 2007 i was 130lb -- that's a great weight for me, although if i were to get there again i hope to be more toned then i was two years ago (i was at that weight with diet alone).
Fast forward to today, and I am almost 155lb. That is the most i have ever weighed.
So, this is my plan:
I signed up with a personal trainer, and i am going to work out with him 2x/wk, plus 2-3 more days on my own (1 at the gym and the rest at home probably).
I signed up for nutrisystem (ordered online at costco today so it;ll take 2 weeks before i can get the meals here)... in the meantime i am doing phase 1 of South beach.....

I start a new job tomorrow, so a lot of new changes are happening this year.
My husband and i are planning to start trying to get pregnant this May, but i really want to be at my goal weight before i do - so that's my motivation.
Right now my goal weight is 130lb, but it will really all depend on how i look.
I am the maid of honor in a wedding in April, and ordered my dress 1 size smaller (i am an 8 but ordered a 6). so here's to hoping i fit into it!

p.s. i also ordered a pair of reebok easy tone sneakers and 'The Biggest Loser" Wii game to help out :-)
MrsTLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hello and welcome! I am glad you are joining us.

I wish you the best on your weight loss journey!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:56 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Welcome to 3FC and the Feathers... You're definitely at the right place for weight loss support
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:42 PM   #4  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

I am almost the same weight and almost the same goal as you - tho my weight goal keeps changing... Like you said, even more than losing weight I really want to be MUCH more in shape

I weighed ~130 when I got married and it was a *great* weight for our height!
Here's to seeing 130 again (toasting with sparkling water, of course).

Sounds like you are on the right track. Good luck to you and see ya around here...
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

Good luck!!! You can do it!!! Stick with this forum for support! We will not let you down
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 155/155/130

Height: 5'6"

thanks ladies!
MrsTLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

Our goal weights are the same, and I'm also trying to get to mine by May! I have 2 weddings to attend mid-May, bridesmaid for one and gf of a groomsman for the other! Besides, it's hot by then--I'll be wanting to break out the slinky clothing I haven't been comfortable in for 9 yrs or so...

Welcome!
shasha12 is offline   Reply With Quote