Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:14 PM   #1  
Grateful Jr Member BECK

Smile Beck Diet Solution Day 6

I am doing the Beck Diet Solution and I am on Day 6, so I need a diet coach! I have tried overeaters several times, but I couldn't stick to the grey sheet! I am a featherweight, according to this forum, and LOVE the Beck Diet solution...but this finding a coach is a tough step! At least I have used OA diet coaches before so I know the drill: write down a plan and stick to it, and also call if you are in a crisis. I would like to try this format instead, as I have just moved and don't know many people and don't want to do OA again.
If you are acquainted with diets, I am trying Dr Nel Barnard's BREAKING THE FOOD SEDUCTION, which counts portions, not calories. I have never had luck counting calories, but plans and portion sizes work!
I am also not supposed to watch the scales, as again, I get obsessed with it. I am not interested in losing weight, but I am interested in not obsessing about food or AVOIDING PROBLEMS OF LIVING by overeating and nodding off. Sugar in my diet fatigues me. But I've been eating it to excess for about 55 years, so cutting it out is the challenge. That's why I like the barnard book so much. It is about dealing with brain chemistry (opiate like reactors) and Beck is based on cognitive behavior therapy, which I also like.

So, if anyone would coach/comment, I'd love it! I'm brand new to this site, but it looks like if I started a blog (under my username), if you would like to help coach me...we could use that mode, yes? Otherwise I am open to your suggestions on the best way to meet here for diet coaching online. I think I need daily "confessional checkin" on my dietplan, which is not a big deal, but also, some way to reach a diet coach if I'm having particularly tough time and need to get through the struggle.
I credit (Beck Day 4) myself for posting this, and YOU for answering it!
Yes! Thank you!
midlifecrisis57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:51 PM   #2  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Yay Beck Diet Solution

Hi midlifecrisis57,

Neat that you've discovered The Beck Diet Solution and are taking seriously the need to find a Diet Coach.

Over on the Beck thread this month,

Beck Diet For Life/Solution – November 2009 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

a bunch of us use each other for Diet Coaches. Come on over and check us out. We'd be delighted if you choose to join us.

BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:18 PM   #3  
Grateful Jr Member BECK

Default I'd love to join you

Thanks Billbiueeyes,
I checked out your thread and yes I would like to join it. Go Beck!!! I'm so new to this form of communication. I don't even know what its called, a chat board or something? Could you tell me how to join your thread and find a coach? Do I just add to any thread or is there a link I should use that would be more direct?
Thanks again! I just moved from Boston btw. I miss it!!! Andover, hello! Miss you!!!!!
Old 11-22-2009, 07:10 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

midlifecrisis

Find your niche and enjoy the ride, you will definitely like this way of staying accountable, you can come to the site as often or as little as you like night or day, that's the wonderful thing about this type of forum...

Good luck wherever you find your nice !!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:47 PM   #5  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifecrisis57 View Post
Thanks Billbiueeyes,
I checked out your thread and yes I would like to join it. Go Beck!!! I'm so new to this form of communication. I don't even know what its called, a chat board or something? Could you tell me how to join your thread and find a coach? Do I just add to any thread or is there a link I should use that would be more direct?
Thanks again! I just moved from Boston btw. I miss it!!! Andover, hello! Miss you!!!!!
It's easy. Just go to the November thread and post there as you've done here. You ask us all to be your coaches, and we'll ask you to do the same. You'll get responses from the folks currently posting.

Andover is a lovely part of Mass. Where are you now? Do you still get to shovel snow?

Old 11-23-2009, 12:40 PM   #6  
Grateful Jr Member BECK

BillBlueEyes,
I have added you as a buddy...don't know what it means but I thought I'd better grab a way to reach out to you somehow! I have asked someone to be my coach from blogs. and I started a blog under my nom de plume here.
Yes, it snows in my new home, but less by about 6 weeks. and its at the other end of the time zone, so we still get sun at 5pm in December, almost an hour longer in winter than you guys. And thats a help!!! I even found a beach with waves out here on the great lakes. who knew??? and I'm finding out that Beantown isn't the Hub for everyone in the nation. A bit humbling being off the coast!!
talk to you soon!
Old 11-23-2009, 12:44 PM   #7  
Grateful Jr Member BECK

Ilene,
YES!!! We are such a good match! I would like to exchange diet coaching with you if you can! I viewed your prof and we've much in common. I started a blog, Beck, Bernard, and Me.(apologies to Roger More for the title). I'm going to record diet stuff there. What a website!
Old 11-24-2009, 04:37 AM   #8  
Super Moderator

midlifecrisis57 - hmmmmm... don't know what it means to add someone to a "buddy list" here on 3FC - I've seen that button but never clicked it.

Feel free to post on the Beck thread - anything you like. That's the protocol for joining and coaching each other.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #9  
Grateful Jr Member BECK

THANKS bill of the blue eyes. If you make someone your buddy, they show up on your buddy list. I think it makes it easier to find them later....if you have a bunch of them. my guess.
Anyway, its such a comfort to come here! Do you like my avatar? (from the childrens book, do you like my hat?) I don't know why I chose it but it resonated. Part of the journey I guess, is to find out why!!
Old 11-30-2009, 02:02 PM   #10  
Grateful Jr Member BECK

Ilene. ha. Beanette is one of my nicknames!! I have buddied you, and I hope you will stay in touch in my threads or blog. Cheers and have a great day.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #11  
Grateful Jr Member BECK

Thank you, Ilene! Bean! That's my other name, feminized to Beanette. I have buddied you. Hope your day is going well, and please accept my kudos (credit) for commenting on my post!
Old 11-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #12  
Grateful Jr Member BECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifecrisis57 View Post
Thank you, Ilene! Bean! That's my other name, feminized to Beanette. I have buddied you. Hope your day is going well, and please accept my kudos (credit) for commenting on my post!