Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:01 PM   #1  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Default last 10 pounds. kill me now

So, im onto the home stretch, the last ten pounds until i reach my original goal of 130 pounds, something i never thought possible when the scale was nearly tipping 170.
I lost almost 30 pounds almost unintentionally. The first 10 came thru months and months of dieting and failing, and i somehow found myself at 158. Now over the past couple months, without really trying, i have watched my weight dip down to 140 (139 yesterday. grrr)
So now, i find myself really close to my goal, and i want to lose those last 10 pounds! but...i can't!!!
i know that this is prolly a really common occurrence; getting stuck on the last couple pounds, but i was wondering if you ladies have any tips for me.
Why is it that when i wasn't trying to lose weight i was, and now that i want to, im not? (and my eating has stayed the same, as has my excercise)

Any tips or tricks for me to try?
cuz this is frustrating!!!
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

No tricks, just keep on going. Perserverance and determination are the name of the game, I had a hard time with those last ten pounds but they did come off.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

I've been wrestling with the same poundage since Thanksgiving. So close and yet so far...so I can sympathize. My goal is 135 and I keep bouncing back up to 145...never have I gotten below 142.
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I would just suggest this:

You twice indicated you don't know how the weight came off so far. I'd give that some thought. 30 pounds didn't just take off on their own. You might not realize it, but you obviously did a bunch of things right. Figure out what they are and set up your life to make them continue happening!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:26 AM   #5  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

I am getting to the "home stretch" too... the last 10 lbs. My weight loss has really slowed down... but honestly, it doesn't take a lot of weight for me to see a difference anymore. Like, at my highest, if I lost 5 lbs, I couldn't see a difference. However, the closer I get to goal, the more noticeable just a little bit of weight loss is. So, in a way, the changes are just as noticeable... it's just that the numbers aren't moving quite so fast. Just enjoy every little accomplishment.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:03 PM   #6  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

I've given a lot of thought to this "last few pounds" struggle, and I really do believe it still all comes down to calories in and calories out.

First, when we get lighter, we need less calories to live. Sad, but true. Also, our exercise routine is burning less calories than before - partly because it takes less energy to move our lighter bodies, and partly because we become more efficient at our mode of exercise with time. It just gets harder and harder to establish that calorie deficit that is required to lose weight. If we eat the same and exercise the same, at some point we reach equilibrium, and don't see further weight loss.

The only way I've found to lose those last few pounds is to re-establish the calorie deficit, either by eating a little less or exercising more, or both. I don't want to eat less, so my strategy is usually to exercise more.

I wish there were an easier way, but I haven't found it ...
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:43 PM   #7  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

thanks for the responses ladies. ive decided to actually put some 'real' exercise into my days, instead of just the normal walk the dog, and go to work (where i walk around constantly, seeing as how i work at a store). So ive been walking on the treadmill for the past couple days. unfortunatly, my eating has been really bad (i spent the last 16 years being an emotional eater-im 17 btw- and even tho im 90% cured, i relapse when things get tough. im working on it though)
hopefully adding the treadmill will help start getting through these last 10 pounds, because its frustrating being so close and yet so far away!
if you ladies ever figure out any good tips be sure to pass the knowledge on
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/156.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Ladies of Featherweight--

This is a great group because post after post is all about those last few pounds and how frustrating it can be. I do agree, we all know what we need to do, calories in vs. calories out and I too have decided more exercise is the way to go...for me. But reading a variety of points of view, something may be the words I need to hear and that is what this is all about!!

I truly hope we all find success in the battle for the last few pounds. Everyone look at a "before photo" and be proud of where you have come from. We all have reasons for getting to our highest weight, and we have all worked very hard at getting to the point of being a member of "FEATHERWEIGHTS". That is an accomplishment in itself. So stop beating yourself up, be proud of what we have done for ourselves and get off your butt and do that power walk or step class or salsa dance lesson or whatever it is that you have come to love... and be PROUD OF YOURSELF!!

Sylvia from NS
Sylvia from NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

The last 10 lbs are always the slowest! I've watched my weight loss go from 10 to 15 lbs a month down to about 3 in the last month. I am beginning to think my body just likes the 130's (that was my high school weight). Just keep on doing what you are doing and sooner or later you will lose it!
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 148/139/130

Height: 5'7"

I'm with you guys. I started with about 18 pounds to lose, and the first 8 fell off like it was no big deal. Now, I haven't lost a single pound in 3 weeks. It is frustrating, but I'm learning to focus on things other than the scale like the distance I can run at a time, and all the new recipes I'm learning. It's almost fun, in a challenging, frustrating way.
StarCarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

I am doing well withe the first nine days of the Fat Smash Diet. I got off my plateau and have lost four pounds so far. I start Phase 2 on Wednesday.
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I feel exactly the same about the last 10 pounds. I am also freaking out because it is summer and I don't work during the summer. This is my first summer since the weight loss (I began this journey last June) and I eat when I am bored or at home. I've been avoiding going to the grocery store but the family is complaining...ahhhhhh...I did join a gym today so that we can have some summer activities planned that revolve around health instead of food. I just need to get in a good groove and just maybe this will motivate me to lose the last 10 pounds. Hoping...
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote