Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:39 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default Planning and Chat March 30 - April 5

Not sure what the rules are...but I saw a new thread needed to be put up for this week. Bad week for me. I felt like I was totally OP, but back up 2 lbs!?!? Frustrated. Hope you guys are doing better!
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

OP all week for me, & lost a pound - the weekends DO matter!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:26 PM   #3  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Finally got to move my ticker the right way for the first time in several weeks.

Good weekend. Weekdays are harder for me. I get up earlier, breakfast is earlier etc.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I thought I'd see a scale improvement over the weekend as we were away from home and thus nothing to tempt me to overeat. Must have had too much wine, though. No change in the scale at all.

Perhaps I can blame it on water weight. My foot is so swollen that even flip flops are uncomfortable. Do you think it could hold 2 pounds of water? They are size 9.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:17 PM   #5  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

I doubt your foot is holding 2 lbs, but if they are visibly swollen, then yes, I would guess your overall body is holding at least 2 lbs extra.

I have found that even the smallest sprain can put me up several pounds in water weight. You should have seen my face the day after my first 20 miler. I am a daily weigher and I gained EIGHT lbs overnight and I wasnt even very sore. Talk about a shocker!
Old 03-30-2009, 04:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Only one foot is swollen. I guess that's what happens when a steel plate drops onto it.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:34 PM   #7  
MasterHarper

Having a bad day today - I feel like I am constantly nibbling. So far I am up to 1600 and that doesn't count the slice of leftover pizza from last night that I microwaved and scoffed down earlier, as I don't know how many calories were in it so I'm just ignoring that one.

Good thing is, at 6.30pm, I now feel like I might be finally full so that should be it for the day now.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:00 PM   #8  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

1600 + a piece of pizza doesnt sound that bad for a bad day. Depending on the size of the slice you still are probably under 2000 which shouldnt be worse than maintenance.

I was doing well yesterday until a surprise trip to PF Changs. And instead of ordering what I normally order, I tried a new dish. Bad choice. I think my dinner alone was 1500 -1600 calories. Thank god yesterday I had exercised in an attempt to hit 1000 calorie deficit, so I only ended up ~ 200 calories in the hole for the day.

I just am telling myself that I am calorie cycling and that ONE high day will just rev my metabolism up. And to avoid the leftovers.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm still rather troubled by the plateau I seem to have hit. It's been two weeks now, on plan, monitoring salt intake and drinking plenty, and I'm not a pound down. Grr. I started to try and up my exercise a few days ago, so hopefully I'll get past this annoying stall soon. I've also really tried to increase my protein intake and limit myself to one carb-heavy meal per day, so hopefully I'll feel the effects soon. I just ate a huge piece of coley fish which seems to have over 100% of my protein RDA. Yay!

Oh well... at least the weight isn't going up! And I don't feel that being on plan has felt like a chore. I've been enjoying eating really well these past few weeks.
tinycities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 154/147.75/120

Height: 5'2-3" ish

was on plan all last week, until we had a bit of an emergency at the theater. some one had to drop out of "The Vagina Monologues" and I was asked to take their place. I memorized it in less than 24 stressful hours, went to dress rehearsal, then performed the next 2 days. I've been exercising, though, so it wasn't as bad is it could be. All in all, I've stayed about the same through the whole stressful, and group eating, event.
I've now reached over a month of plataue. The tape measure got a little smaller again, so maybe there is an end in sight
JadeBlue14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm not stuck in the 170s anymore! The scale hadn't moved for two weeks despite being totally on plan, but yesterday morning when I got on the scales, 2lbs had gone. And this morning, an extra pound went too, so I'm now just out of the 170s! My goal seems so much closer now, and it's only another 9lbs or so until my BMI is normal. I'm so happy.

I took measurements two weeks ago, and even though I've only lost a total of 3lbs over the past two weeks, I've lost half an inch from my waist, half an inch from my hips, and half an inch from my upper arms. It's not a lot, but I am really happy about that too, particularly as the stomach/hips area and upper arms are the most flabby! I'd never taken measurements before, but I'm definitely going to persist with doing this.

I've also been really pushing myself with regards to exercise. The last two days, I've got up and gone straight to the gym to do HIIT cardio for half an hour. I then come back and shower and get ready for the day. I have to say, I never thought I'd be a morning exercise person, but I feel fantastic knowing that it's not midday yet, and I've already done a strenuous workout! Yay.
tinycities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #12  

Yay, tinycities!

My yoga studio is closed for a few days while they put in new flooring, so yesterday I went to the gym & did some weight training, which I'd not done in a while. I woke up this morning SO SORE all over - ouch! I was really scared to get on the scale b/c I figured my muscles would be retaining water from the lifting & I might be up a pound or two, which I really didn't want to see - but I sucked it up & got on the scale anyway, & I am DOWN TWO POUNDS! To 135.6!!! Yay me!

Now, to make that loss stick...

Last edited by Su-Bee; 04-02-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 154/147.75/120

Height: 5'2-3" ish

yay Su-Bee, good for you!
I'm still bouncing all over with the weight, between the same 4 or so pounds. I do feel a little bloated (my eye lids are puffy, always the sign for me), so some of it could be water retention.
I do, however, feel awesome. I've gone to the gym 2 days in a row, and will be going again today, and my body feels great. I'm recovering faster from the weight training I do, and my breathing feels a little easier during cardio. I still suck at running, but much less sucking than I did before, which is a big improvement for me. I've always been afraid to run before. I get exercise induced asthemetic attacks, so I've always focused more on the strength aspect. But taking it slow, I've really been able to improve my breathing. So even though the scale hasn't moved, I'm feeling pretty good today.
JadeBlue14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:07 PM   #14  

Height: 5'6

OMG! I just weighed and am now 153.6!!!!! So frustrated. I did arrange my spare bedroom so I can watch TV while walking on the treadmill (instead of looking at the wall and listening to music while on it). Maybe I'll just start walking more. I have cheated a bit and had some cookies, reeses cups, etc. I don't see how it takes 3 weeks to lose the weight and 3 or 4 days to get it all back! I think I will go straight to calorie counting again and drop the WW points system. It is just too hard for me to stick with points. I don't want to live my entire life starving. Maybe "fat and happy" has something to it
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #15  

Today, I fit into my smallest jeans (which I've not worn since just after my wedding 4 years ago) without having a muffin-top!