Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #16  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Oh - just to share - this is me and Graham at Christmas!

Last edited by Robsia; 01-21-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:12 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Wow! You look great!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:18 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 154/147.75/120

Height: 5'2-3" ish

you really do look awesome
JadeBlue14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:39 PM   #19  

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Today I gave in and had a coffee cake from starbucks...Although I know I should have eaten the orange slices in the fridge here at work, I just was in the mood for some sugary cake. It pretty much has been my first real slip in the past weeks, so I am not going to be so hard on myself.

My bf and I are still trying to figure out where we are going to move. While I want to find an apt close to home, my bf wants to buy a house in the middle of bumbleville Western PA. Although I want a house really bad, I dont know if I am willing to move away from my family and my comfort zone (being metropolitan ny nj) to do so. However, I do know that there is no way in **** we will ever be able to afford a house in northern central nj probably for about another 10 years. Real estate differences in everywhere else vs nj really make me crazy. Why is the same home I like in nj thats 300,000 sell for 42,000 in the midwest? I mean I clearly know why ..LOCATION..but still, its so frustrating.
JerseyGirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:27 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl83 View Post
Today I gave in and had a coffee cake from starbucks...Although I know I should have eaten the orange slices in the fridge here at work, I just was in the mood for some sugary cake. It pretty much has been my first real slip in the past weeks, so I am not going to be so hard on myself.

My bf and I are still trying to figure out where we are going to move. While I want to find an apt close to home, my bf wants to buy a house in the middle of bumbleville Western PA. Although I want a house really bad, I dont know if I am willing to move away from my family and my comfort zone (being metropolitan ny nj) to do so. However, I do know that there is no way in **** we will ever be able to afford a house in northern central nj probably for about another 10 years. Real estate differences in everywhere else vs nj really make me crazy. Why is the same home I like in nj thats 300,000 sell for 42,000 in the midwest? I mean I clearly know why ..LOCATION..but still, its so frustrating.

Virginia has a lot to offer. Richmond is nice, and so is Charlottesville. Raleigh North Carolina is pretty cool.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:26 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

You look positively radiant Robsia!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:24 AM   #22  
MasterHarper

Thank you. I am pretty happy with life right now.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:12 AM   #23  
Ilene the Bean

Robsia, you look so nice... Your avatar looks like you, I'm sure that was done purposely...

Today is snowy and windy... The only plans I have so far is to go to work...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:46 AM   #24  
MasterHarper

Thank you - yes, it was intentional. I guess that's my cartoon 'ideal' version of myself.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:26 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

It seems that nasal decongestant spray is an effective appetite suppressant . Or is it just not being able to smell or taste what I was eating?

I lost two pounds this week. And I can breathe again today Hooray for head colds!

Have a great weekend all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:15 PM   #26  
Changing for the better

Hope it's okay if I jump in here...

I know I haven't been around since the summer, since I've been studying abroad in Spain since the end of August and it's hard to keep up with posting and everything. I feel like it's a good idea to come back though, to keep myself accountable. Living in another country has been both fun and difficult, but diet-wise I'm not gonna lie - it's really, really hard! I have been trying to exercise (I joined a gym last semester and next week plan to join one near my apartment) but it has not been enough to offset the 5-8(?)lb weight gain that has crept around my midsection.

My goal for this semester is to exercise at least 4x/week at the gym, although I am not focusing on weight loss right now since I feel it is unrealistic. I have very little control over what I eat, since my host mother makes a lot of heavier dishes and meals geared towards her kids' tastes. But even if I don't lose any weight, I will still be healthier by the time I leave if I exercise anyway.

To be completely honest (and this is slightly embarrassing for me to admit) I am ALWAYS thinking of/fantasizing about going home in May, when I will be able to return to my amazing gym and eat whatever HEALTHY food I want...dreaming about getting the weight off again. However, I realize that this is a terrible mindset to have, since I should live in this moment rather than wait around for life to get better.

Anyways, I hope everyone is having a good weekend...I plan to start the week off on the right foot by joining the gym on Monday!
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Hi Ladies,

Quick fly by to change my ticker. I didn't have a stellar week but managed to weigh in 1 lb lighter yesterday. Yay!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'll post more later.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:25 PM   #28  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

You look great Robsia.

I have been eating well and started lifting very heavy weights scale has actually gone up but I am not too worried since I think I am just retaining water and its TOM to boot. I think this will pass soon. Had an awesome workout today. I am sore already.
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:46 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 160/160/140

Height: 5'8"

Blah totally off the wagon after this weekend! A big problem area for me that I have targeted is being at work.. I work at a restaurant and when I am busy and hungry and someone gets an order of french fries to share with everyone it is just way too hard to say no! And then once I eat french fries I throw in the towel and scrap my healthy eating for the day.. Sigh.. Hoping this week is a better one
beezip87 is offline   Reply With Quote