Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 12-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 135/123/105

Height: 4'9"

Default Workouts

What do you all do for your workouts?

Any dvds you love or swear by?

Do some things work better than others for you?

Are there some things you just LOVE to do?

Share your exercise tips, tricks and must haves with us all.
LidiaAnain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/118.4/115

Height: 5"4

I run, take step aerobics classes, lift weights, and spin.

I'm not big into DVD's because I have a hard time watching them over and over. I memorize things pretty easily and don't like knowing what the person is about to say after the 3rd time I do it. That being said my sister just bought 30DS and I'm going to give it a try.

For me what works is being consistent and planning out exactly what my mileage will be, how many classes I will attend and the days I will lift weights on.

Running by far is my favorite because when I first started working out its the first thing I learned to do and every time I restart this weight loss thing its the first thing I go back to.

Last edited by JackieRn; 12-13-2008 at 03:47 PM.
JackieRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #3  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

I have 30DS and like it- did it today actually. I have a huge selection of workout DVDs, and a home treadmill, weights, step, etc. I like to hike, run, step, yoga, strength train both at home and at the gym.
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/137/116

Height: 5"4

I just run for 30 mins 3-4 times a week. I know that's a lot less than most people here, but for me it's properly amazing! I never did any sports or exercise when I was younger.
When I have a bit more money to spend I love doing hot yoga, that makes me feel great and it's a real good work out. But it's also very expensive!

A friend of mine swears by exercise DVDs and she's toned up a lot because of them. I want to try 30DS myself, have heard so many good reviews here. But at the moment its just running.
neeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Neeka, me too, I run M-W-F for 3 miles, so for me (a slowpoke!) that's about 38 minutes. Getting faster though And I do yoga almost every day, at home. Long (1.5h) when I don't run, shorter (0.5h) after a run. I have never tried hot yoga, but I'm sure I will sometime!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:22 PM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

I like to run 2-3x/week, weight train 3-4x/week and swim 1x/week... I also like to do Yoga DVDs I love Rodney Yee Yoga Burn....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 152/143/125

Height: 5'3"

Default I like to walk on the treadmill...

I "used" to run like a mad women, but lately I've gotten lazy. I've put on a good twenty pounds since I stopped working out. I'm trying to get back into it, but i can't run long now

Last edited by Crabbykate; 12-18-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Crabbykate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Last year I ran 3x per week but got really tired of going out in the dark (4:30 AM). Now I have a treadmill and I do 2 miles (30 minutes) minimum every day. I'll work up to 3 miles (45 minutes or less) as time goes by.
I also have a gym membership where I'll lift a couple times a week, but I haven't been for a couple of weeks and I really dread going in January with all the "new years resolution" people. I dislike crowds and hate having to wait for my turn!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

i think the best thing that toned me up and lifted everything up is 30DS , Im been doing the c25K and stuck on week 4 for the whole winter i think. lol

Ive been doing yoga which i LOVE ..it may seem easy but wow what a workout , pilates too i love it and my fav. BELLY DANCING! it gave me a 27 inch waist now lol
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:07 PM   #10  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Belly dancing! I had forgotten about that! It's great exercise, even though I can only imagine how I look doing it (I am famous for my lack of coordination). You just reminded me to locate that DVD again...

Recently I have been going to a "pump" class - weightlifting, floor exercises (and some step aerobics) to music. Many days I am by far the oldest and most out-of-shape person in the room, but I just try to ignore it. I LOVE it! I have been doing it for M W Sa for about 6 weeks. I still wheeze and get red in the face and have to stop occasionally - but I have seen improvements in muscle tone, and that is very rewarding.

I do some run/walks on a treadmill on off days, usually 2 more days of the week.

Yoga. Mostly just stretches now, as the pump class is so intense that my muscles are worn out. But I really need the stretching.

I am very curious to try this 30-Day Shred! I will be moving away from my gym soon and I need a plan to keep up my progress...
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 127/*see ticker*/115

I go to gympa, which is like aerobics but with more strength exercise. So much fun! I do this about 3 times/week. And I also do weight training when I feel like it, like today...
tove is offline   Reply With Quote