Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:05 PM   #16  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

It's kind of funny how you can seem to have that "magic number" during weight loss, but the closer you get to it the more you wonder if that is your perfect weight or not.

I'm 6'3", making my healthy weight range 152-192. Thats a 40 pound range to work with. Talk about confusing. In high school I remember getting down to 185 and feeling somewhat comfortable, but still like there was a little further to go. So I decided 175 was a good number. Plus 175 is right in the middle of my healthy range. I know I will never get down to 152, my frame just isn't built for it. But my plan is to get to 175, at least for now. I'll maintain that for about 3 months and see how it feels and then if I want to venture to 170 or 165, I can do that afterward. Prolly wouldn't try for under 165 though.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:03 AM   #17  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

My initial goal was 140 as it's a weight I have never really been during my adult life. But I have changed it to 135 as I think I will be comfortably in a British size 10 at that weight (US 6). If I still feel wobbly when I get there I may try to lose some more - we'll see.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:17 PM   #18  
Workin' It

I bought a WW scale at the beginning of this process and it set 130 as my goal weight for me, I guess it was a certain percentage off my starting weight. I initially thought that was too low and was going for 135, as that was my lowest weight point in the last fifteen years or so. As I approached 135 I decided 130 was more realistic than I thought, so I picked 127 as a nice round 20 pounds down from start... I'm at 132 now, and I feel great - exercising regularly, eating better, etc. If I don't quite make it to 127 but continue to tone and shape myself I may reevaluate and go back to the 130. Haven't decided yet...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:11 PM   #19  
Nobody Leans on...

S/C/G: 279/165/142

Height: 5'2

I'm debating going back down to 130 again. I am currently 142 (period bloat!!!), but generally am 138-140ish. I am 5'2 and quite busty (34F) and nothing in the 120s is going to look right on me. (I already tried, looked so awful). I have a fuller frame and I need some weight on me. I like looking like a woman with curves and soft definition. I belly dance at a Greek Restaurant and I can't have the rock hard or protruding bone thing; my bosses would not tolerate it!

Initially, I picked my goal weight because it was the difference between my smallest weight in my adult life achieved in a healthy and non disordered manner and the top end of BMI normal for my height and frame (+5 pounds because I'm busty). My doctor thought I should go for 150, but that didn't sound good to me. It didn't want to read as "chubby" anymore. I wanted to carry less because my breasts make me look heavier anyway. I did look great at 150, ****, I looked delicious at 160 even, but I like how I look at 133-140, but at the same time I don't know if I want to get back on that wheel again. I eat intuitively, get 90 minutes of physical activity daily and no foods are off limits (except for meat; I'm veggie) and I feel incredibly fit, sexy and alive.

Still I'd rather correct an 8 lb uptick than deal with an 80 lb uptick.
Sharkysmachine is offline   Reply With Quote