Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:00 PM   #1  
this one's for life

S/C/G: 141/139/120

Height: 5'4"

Default I dream about food

Hey guys,

So this is a strange thing that happens to me... I have these vivid, mouth-watering, crystal clear dreams about delicious food. I have these dreams when I'm restricting my diet a bit. Like, the past two nights, I've skipped dinner (temporarily) because I had a horrible weekend of eating crap. Last night I dreamed of so many yummy things, I remember at one point waking up and not being able to get back to sleep!

And it's always me pigging out in my dreams... Like, I'll go to a restaurant with my friend and end up eating her food, too! Or I'll scarf down a cake. Glorious, plentiful food, all dancing and prancing around in my head.

Silly, I know, but so relevant... anybody else get food dreams? I can't tell if I enjoy them or not.
chickennugget126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:12 PM   #2  
Chuggin' along...

Hi chickennugget,

I don't usually post here but your post's title caught my eye. I've dreamed about food, too, though not very often. The few times I recall, it was always at times where I was being very strict with my diet, eating very 'clean' food for several weeks.

The funniest dream was when I dreamed that I was a contestant on "The Bachelor". In the dream I kept dissing the show on camera, saying how stupid it was, and how no one can find true love that fast, but the reason I stayed on the show was because they had the very best deep chocolatey cake with rich chocolate frosting. I wouldn't even flirt with the Bachelor b/c I kept telling everyone "well I have to go home to my boyfriend, duh" (in the dream picturing my BF IRL when saying this). Finally the producers kicked me off the show. And I was so sad. Because I wouldn't get any more cake.

I woke up thinking: 1) Mmm, cake, 2) I really haven't had chocolate in a while! and 3) Even subconsciously I totally love my BF!

You're not the only one who dreams about the "glorious" food they aren't eating!

Last edited by Megan1982; 07-25-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:20 PM   #3  
this one's for life

S/C/G: 141/139/120

Height: 5'4"

hahahaha yeah most of my food dreams are quite hilarious as well! Yours is great!!

Sometimes I feel like they're good because I get my cravings satisfied (somewhat) during my dreams... other times, I wake up wanting to eat macaroni and cheese first thing in the morning...
chickennugget126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

I love those dreams. I get to eat treat, taste them and not consume any calories!

I dream of sweets when I'm dehydrated.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 02:42 PM   #5  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

It's weird.. I have full visual all round sense dreams about food...except I'm never eating it! In one dream I'm in the supermarket with my niece and we're touching biscuits and saying which ones look nice and talking about how they might taste but I can never eat them because I'm on a diet.

I think its probably because we spend too much time obsessing over food.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:51 PM   #6  
Peace. Love. Balance

S/C/G: 199/128/125 (new goal of 115)

Height: 5'3

I don't envy you! You can't even escape the thoughts of yummy foods even when your asleep. Torture!
bananapancakes is offline   Reply With Quote