Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-15-2008, 05:07 AM   #1  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Default Planning and chat for June 14-20

Morning losers!!

I was down a smidge this morning - only 0.3 lb but it's better down than up!!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:41 AM   #2  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Well done!

I'm down to 154 which is also better than up, but I'm still frustrating to think I had managed to hit 146 and it's going to take a while to get back to that. If I'm *very* good I know I can do it in a few weeks so we shall see!

I'm into my last few weeks of college and finding motivation to complete the work is lacking. But soon I'll have my two month hols! whee
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:06 PM   #3  
Changing for the better

Good afternoon everyone..........I actually remembered to weigh myself this morning before eating breakfast, and I am down one more pound! woo! I am officially 1/3 of the way there....I can definitely see a slight difference in my appearance, and my mom insisted that she can tell that I've lost weight

My clothes don't really feel looser now, but I think that they will soon as I keep losing weight.
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:22 PM   #4  
Walking away the weight

Hello all! Hope you are enjoying your day.

Kimberly - on the loss!! oh my those lava cakes sound divine!

Claire - hope things are back to normal for you today.

Robsia- glad the scale is being cooperative

spoz- it sounds like your scale is going in the right direction as well! WTG.

Well hope you are enjoying Father's Day! We are heading out to BIL's house soon for our dinner. I am still exhausted after babysitting last night, followed by waking early to Acolyte at church!

I have been doing fine with the plan so far today. And we are having Indian food for dinner because DH and BIL love it, but I don't like it so it is very easy for me to not go crazy with it. Hey - there is a plan I could follow- eating only foods I dislike LOL.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:23 PM   #5  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

hey girls!
we had a really busy weekend. I did lots of running-9 yesterday and 16 today, and lots of running around w/a swim meet and a football game. Thank good for all the running b/c I put a hurting on the Olive Garden

Great job Kitegirl! I'm sure the clothes will be looser soon!
Robsia and Spoz-glad the scale is going down
Leigh-LOL on the indian food.
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:08 AM   #6  
Walking away the weight

Batmomm- that is so cool about getting a lot of running in.

I did a very low impact walk this morning, but it was better than nothing LOL. Once DS wakes up, I am going to probably run a few errands. Guess it is a quiet day for me.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Spoz, Rob, and Kim - great job on the losses!!

Bat - you are kicking some serious running butt... way to go!!!

Today is the day for me to GET BACK ON TRACK after indulging in party foods and ... ahem... party beverages over the weekend. Also, I didn't exercise Sat or Sun :-(

Back to counting and working out today... Thank goodness summer is here... Yea!!!

Have a healthy day, girls
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:09 PM   #8  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

well while Claire was getting back on track, I think she pushed me off I've eaten about 1000 calories so far and about 50% of that was from fat, damn Olive Garden leftovers...
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 02:03 PM   #9  

Sorry!

I'm sure you'll run it off!!

I waited to do my wog (walk/run) until too late in the day... just got back from 45 minutes, and I thought I was gonna MELT. This evening I'm going to try to talk DH into a bike ride or yoga (he's been doing dvds with me, which is nothing short of a miracle). If he can't be persuaded, I'm going to try to do something else on my own. I'm trying to work off my graduation party pig out!
Old 06-16-2008, 02:31 PM   #10  
Changing for the better

Thanks for the support girls! I'm really glad about how everything is going so far....I am trying to lose weight at a healthy pace, but at the same time I wish it would happen faster! Which I'm sure we can all relate to....However, I think part of the reason why I am so anxious to lose the weight is because I don't want to fall into the mindset I had before. During past summers, I would think, "Oh, I have the ENTIRE summer to lose weight," and failed to kick my butt in gear So by the time school rolled around again, I was just as chubby as before. But I am positive that this time I am doing it the RIGHT way with the RIGHT mindset.

Claire - I was planning a somewhat similar schedule...was going to do a "wog" (great word! ) to the public library and back (the "long way") instead of going to the gym today since it's nice out. I wanted to check out some yoga DVDs if they have any available - I'm really interested in doing yoga 2/3x per week to break up the monotonous treadmill/elliptical at the gym. Got any titles to recommend?

I had a doctor's appt. today to get a checkup, and everyone is in working order They weighed me with a digital scale though, and it read 114.4! And I had already eaten lunch...so I somehow lost .6lbs walking on the treadmill, doing weights, and eating ice cream! Okay, it was a lowfat thing....but still. I'm feeling pretty good right now Bikini bottoms here I come!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 03:08 PM   #11  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Well done girls! sounds like everybody is on a roll I've been doing a bit of belly dancing -so much fun!! Which is something I can stick to as I really enjoy it.

I think I have a virus of some kind at the moment- awful migraines, aching all over, fever... so right now exercise and eating aren't on my list of priorities I'm just glad I haven't stuffed my face since I've had the opportunity.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:20 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 148/144/130

Height: 5'5

Well, I'm just going to jump in here. My baby just turned 6 months and I have a lot to go. I was exercising, but my gym membership ran out and my hip hop class is over. However, I am starting back to work in three weeks and plan to cycle there, not to mention I'll be working with 4 year olds and that's exercise in itself.

This week, I plan to get back to whole foods. Lots of veggies and fruits, yogurt, fish nuts. That type of thing, I'm camping this weekend so I will try to control myself with the camping goodies. I need to figure a way to do more exercise, this week I will start doing crunches again.

Sounds like you are all on track, you are inspiring.
Dana
Sodiumlightbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:12 PM   #13  
Walking away the weight

Claire- hope you enjoy your exercise today!

batmomm- Isn't pasta good for runners

Kimberly- how great to hear about your doctor's weigh-in!

spoz - hope you are better soon!

Welcome, Dana! It sounds like you have a good plan underway.

I have had a very good night and completed my 10th day binge free! I am looking forward to a 40 minute walk tomorrow.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:17 PM   #14  

Way to go, Leigh!!!

Welcome to Dana!
Old 06-17-2008, 07:56 AM   #15  
Changing for the better

Dana!