Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Default Picture of my face - great motivation

Hi everyone,

Well, let me tell you... I got some great motivation to stay OP today! A friend gave me a pic of me that was taken very recently (maybe a month ago), and boy, was my face round and full with even a bit of a chin. I know I'm not tremendously overweight, but the 15-20 lbs. I've put on in the last 4 years REALLY really really shows on my face. It's interesting because when I saw my brother a couple weeks ago (we are two years a part and look a lot alike), I was thinking, man, is his face fat. And then I recalled how over the years as both my parents went up and down a bit - they really showed weight in their faces too. None of us can hide a weight gain because our faces plump right up.

So, since I do NOT want to look the way I looked in that picture, I need to buckle down and get serious about being on program and getting about 10 lbs. off. I will use this as inspiration - maybe I will hang the pic on my fridge!

Anyone else show weight gain in their faces like I do??
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:00 PM   #2  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Goodness, yes. I already have a chubby face so when the weight goes on I start to resemble a shar-pei puppy. Not always flattering

I know the feeling

Last edited by Spoz; 05-04-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:32 PM   #3  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

i dont notice it then bam! i lose it and my cheekbones and jaw are so much more pronounced.. isnt it weird like that!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:40 PM   #4  

Paula - your face looks quite slim to me - good definition and oval shaped. BTW, I love your bangs! They look good with your face shape :-)
Old 05-04-2008, 08:41 PM   #5  

[QUOTE=Spoz;2184872]Goodness, yes. I already have a chubby face so when the weight goes on I start to resemble a shar-pei puppy. Not always flattering

Sharpei... too funny!
Old 05-04-2008, 09:40 PM   #6  
Changing for the better

I have always had chubby cheeks, so part of my "weight loss journey" will be seeing if that's how my face really is, genetically. I hope that I slim down everywhere, including my face/neck, but my body is my main concern.
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:01 PM   #7  
this one's for life

S/C/G: 141/139/120

Height: 5'4"

Pretty Paula, I totally hear you about not noticing until BAM! Face fat! It's a shocking revelation in front of the mirror... because even a slight weight gain is still significant if it's on my face. Ugh.
chickennugget126 is offline   Reply With Quote