Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:25 PM   #1  
Ilene the Bean

Default Weekend Warriors -- May 2nd...

Woohoo weekend time!! AND a new month too... Let's start the month and weekend right...

I'm focused so I will stay on plan ...

No exercise for me today ... Tomorrow I'll go running though, if it's nice I'll go biking ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/145

Height: 5' 6.5"

Well, my mom just took me out to lunch, and I overate a bit. Nothing catastrophic -- if I have a very light dinner I'll be just barely within my allotted range for the day -- but still more than I NEEDED, and it's making me a little sad. But I'm committed to turning that feeling into determination to stay totally on plan for the rest of the weekend.

My weigh-in today was 155.4, and I WILL maintain that between now and monday.

The good news is I ran 3 miles straight yesterday, for the first time ever, and stuck to my new exercise plan perfectly this week. Now I just need to carry that consistency over to the food side of things.

Have an excellent weekend, y'all! Thanks for being here to help me keep myself in line.
coldbrightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Will do better this weekend

I'm in at 134 lbs and will stay at that number or less by Monday.

Just posted a big long version of my stress busting plan on another thread. The gist is that I now have a plan to deal with things that doesn't involve cookies and ice cream.

I'm off to a good start with a 1400 calorie day today, killer strength workout tomorrow a.m. and staying OP at my cousin's for dinner tomorrow night. She is one person who never presses food on people and totally understands about being OP.

Warriors will all rock this weekend!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:27 PM   #4  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

I too, started this weekend a little behind the 8 ball. I went out for dinner and did a little bit of overeating. It's sort of hard to figure out my calories b/c I ate the cheese and pepperonis off of 1 or 2 half slices and the cheese off of a third half slice of pizza. Then my ceasar salad with dressing on the side seemed to be dressed already which I realized after I put about1-2 table spoons of ceasar dressing on it (so now, dressed a second time). I polished it off, all wet.
ANd to top it off, had one and one-half glasses of red wine. But I did take off all the yummy looking crutons and stopped drinking the second glass of wine-- only b/c kids were getting overtired so I had to leave.
I'm a little bit bloaty and am going to start pushing water.
All in all I don't think I did very terrible damage but it is only the start off the weekend. To that end, I will be taking a really great (I hope) run tomorrow am. It is a 6 mile loop and I haven't done that in 3-4 years. Even if it is not really great, I am DOING IT.

hang tough warriors
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:54 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

I'm drinking the water too at the moment... DH and I went out and I had a Martini and a glass of wine along with some zucchini sticks and sour cream and a delicious thin crust Mediteranian pizza ... I was good the rest of the day so I have no regrets... BUT tomorrow is back to the drawing board...
Old 05-03-2008, 04:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

Default weekend warriors

I am going to push to do something exercise wise today - it's cold and rainy here so it has to be inside - I guess a tape will have to do

Ilene, have you tried baked eggplant slices? I like them as much as zucchini sticks - zuch being one of my most favorite vegetables I do a great deal with these as well. Eggplant slices bake up like chips and can be seasoned with whatever flavors you like - I am more traditional and so rosemary is my choice.

next week... me too back on track - no weight or inch loss for me this week

Last edited by trailgroomer; 05-03-2008 at 05:01 AM.
trailgroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 05:55 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailgroomer View Post

Ilene, have you tried baked eggplant slices? I like them as much as zucchini sticks - zuch being one of my most favorite vegetables I do a great deal with these as well. Eggplant slices bake up like chips and can be seasoned with whatever flavors you like - I am more traditional and so rosemary is my choice.
Eggplant is really good with things like cumin and coriander too! My only problem with it is that it soaks up oil like a sponge! I have had success baking it in a casserole with tomato and onion but that's hardly finger food! How od you keep it from sticking when roasting?

Dagmar
Old 05-03-2008, 06:00 AM   #8  

Exclamation The darn "binge bloat" found me

I'm up 1.4 lbs ( bad scale!) from yesterday even after a 1400 cal day. About .5 lbs for every binge last week.

So I'll just have to work all that much harder to get down to 134 by Monday!

Off to do the killer strength workout - will be sore tomorrow but it's totally worth it. I will focus on keeping the rest of the day in the same positive mode that I'm always in after I finish working with the weights.

Have a great Saturday warriors! Stay strong!

Dagmar (queen of the exclamation point )
Old 05-03-2008, 04:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/145

Height: 5' 6.5"

I did well the rest of the day after my enormous lunch yesterday, but I'm not feeling so hot this morning. I'm eating light today, though not due to any willpower on my part. I just feel icky. Hopefully I'll be doing well enough this afternoon to go for a little run.

Stick to your guns, everybody! You can do it.
coldbrightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 05:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

Default eggplant chips

I sliced the eggplant thinly, place on waxeed paper and lightly sprinkled it with salt - after 5 minutes I pat off the moisture

Spray pan with olive oil spray - lay the eggplant on it - sprinkle seasoning on it - Mrs. Dash Italian medley

bake at 400 for 10 minutes - checking and also flipping them over

cool and eat
trailgroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:43 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailgroomer View Post
I sliced the eggplant thinly, place on waxeed paper and lightly sprinkled it with salt - after 5 minutes I pat off the moisture

Spray pan with olive oil spray - lay the eggplant on it - sprinkle seasoning on it - Mrs. Dash Italian medley

bake at 400 for 10 minutes - checking and also flipping them over

cool and eat
Thanks! This is going to be our snacking stuff this evening.

Dagmar
Old 05-04-2008, 06:54 AM   #12  

Default not all people are dieting

Was helping my cousin with the dinner prep last night and man, were there ever some high fat items in everything except the barbecued salmon. And salmon is not so calorie-wise either.

Avocado and sunflower seeds and cashews in the salad and she made some kind of fried rice stuff. Toasted bread thingees that I just knew were loaded with oil.

I did really well with the appetizers even though we were half an hour late due to traffic/downpour (it felt like we were driving in an aquarium) and I was starving! No dips, just carrots and red pepper strips .

But dinner was high cal even though I tried to take small portions of everything except the salmon (which was yummy!). And dessert was pound cake with a fruit topping.

So I didn't gain anything but the scale hasn't budged downward either .

Part of me feels like just not eating today (I'm really tired and that just cuts my appetite) but I know I'll go nuts in the evening then. Just a lot of little protein things/soup/veggies today .

Dagmar
Old 05-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #13  
Ilene the Bean

Food was so-so yesterday...

Today it's rainy and dreary... I'll clean DS's room (what a pen) before he comes back tomorrow, he's been away visiting his GF for the last week... I don't feel like going out so I'll do a Yoga Burn tape later....
Old 05-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #14  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

hi girls! I missed checking in here this weekend. I had a marathon on Saturday and despite the fact that i brought my laptop, I could get a connection anywhere.

My race was in NC and it was hilly and hot. Afterwards lets say the eating wasn't stellar-chinese food and ice cream but after 26.2 miles I think a little indulging is ok LOL. I am back on track now (mostly b/c we have no food in the house). Also my ds7 just threw up so now I fear that the tummy bug will rampage through my house so I'm not planning on eating too much just in case.
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Batmomm - congrats on the marathon! Just curious - how many have you done? I have done several centuries (100 miles) on a bike, but I shudder to think of doing a marathon. Even back in the day when I was much more fit, the longest run I ever did was 12 miles - and I was in shape then - lol! Anyway good job and hope the stomach bug passes you over.

I did a walk/hike at the somewhat hilly local park with DH. Then I officiated a field hockey game, so that entailed some jogging up and down the field, and the last couple hours have been digging and planting, so a few more calories burned. It's been a good active day.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote