Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 137.5/136/120

Height: 5'1

Default Wished I had caloire counted years ago!

This has been alot easier than I thought! I am eatting normal food(not baked american cheese) which I havent been able to do in the last 3 years because I was always using fad diets! Yesterday I felt like I ate alot but think I only made it up to 1200-and got on scale this morning and lost 3 pounds. I have not been able to go past 130 in months. I would love to make my goal by the 18th of april. Also gald I found this section- I always use to go on certian diet section that I was doing(atkins, FS, ect) but never really fit in-Always felt like a whinner because I had so few to lose. Thanks for all your help and support looks like I am going in the right direction. I am interested to see what the weekend brings for me-Hope I can stick to this
Have a great day
Colleen

132/129/125
jamer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations! You are wise to lose it now. Believe me, the more you have to lose the harder it is.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:33 AM   #3  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Yeah...more weight is definately more daunting. I think it's wonderful you started calorie counting. In my opinion it's the only way to go for long term success...I mean...it keeps you incontrol of everything.

Yay!

Those last few are very difficult to lose. I've been stuck at my current weight for AGES!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I always thought calorie counting would be so hard and time consuming I never tried it. I thought I had to give up everything I liked to eat in order to lose weight, so my changes never lasted long at all.

Good luck on your weight loss!! Keep it up!!
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:47 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

Jamer -- Glad to see that you found your niche with the Featherweights... Yep, we can all whine together in this section of 3FC ... I like calorie counting too
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:51 PM   #6  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I hate calorie counting.....but dammit it is the only thing that truly works for me. Sigh.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:22 AM   #7  

I like calorie counting, too. It's a bit time-consuming, but I've been doing this thing where I sort of save that day's numbers and eat the same day's food a couple of times that week. Saves time, and it's food I like, so why not. I used to eat the same things all the time when I was on Jenny Craig since I'm a vegetarian and didn't really like much of the food, so at least this way it's the food I really like/want. I had the feeling deprived, poor me, thing going on today, though = cheating. Must not do that tomorrow. Ah, the constant battle.
Lizzard is offline   Reply With Quote