Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 140/138/120

Height: 5' 2"

Default Forgive me Father for I have sinned, I ate breakfast at Micky D's after church.

Ok... after church this morning my DH decides that as a treat for getting up and going to the early service at church we stop and get breakfast before we head home. We decided on the "golden arches" because stopping at a full service restaurant would be way too much for just a quick bite to eat. So we pull into McDonald's and right away I realize this is diet suicide.

We head it and we order two of the breakfast value meals off of the menu. That's right. Not only did I order a breakfast sandwhich but I added insult to injury with a hashbrown. After finishing the last bite I flip the wrapper over and see the nutrition facts staring at me. 460 calories just for the sandwhich, 190 calories from fat, and Lord knows how many calories were in the hash brown!!

So I'm feeling super guilty at the moment. I know I screwed up, how do I get over it and get back on the diet wagon??

Angie

Last edited by GlitzyGrad; 03-30-2008 at 10:51 AM.
GlitzyGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Don't beat yourself up over it, just get back on plan right away. One visit to Mickey D's will not do permanent harm.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

I giggled when I saw this thread. My mom and I used to do that all the time.

I'd say, enjoy it! It's one meal. Just being aware of what you're doing is the first step.
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I have trouble with invitations from my husband. If he says "let's go to a restaurant" I almost always go ... calories or no ... I just go. He just needs to understand and remember that I can't do that very often ... not even once a week ... not if I'm going to be slim.

Angie ... start again after breakfast. You only have to be good for a larger percentage of time than you are ... off plan.
As long as that faux pas stopped the minute you walked out of McD's ... you're good again.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
I have trouble with invitations from my husband. If he says "let's go to a restaurant" I almost always go ... calories or no ... I just go. He just needs to understand and remember that I can't do that very often ... not even once a week ... not if I'm going to be slim.
I have trouble with invitations from my hubby too - there aren't enough of 'em

Dagmar (still OP for the weekend so far)
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:06 PM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

@ Dagmar ...

Angie, forgive yourself, go for a good walk and eat clean the rest of the day...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote