Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Default I thought I would GAIN confidence....

But instead I seem to have lost it.

At my starting weight of 230 I was more sure of myself. I knew what looked good on me, clothing-wise, and how to work the parts of me that I considered to be my assets.

Now, at 170, my boobs are gone, my butt is gone and I'm so insecure about myself I just want to wear the oversized clothes rather than buy new ones. My entire body has changed on me (which is what I wanted), but now that the change has occurred I'm totally lost.

Anyone else have that feeling, and if you have in the past, how did you get through it?
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 212.6/149.6/150

Height: 5'3"

I absolutely understand! When I went from women's sizes to misses sizes, I felt completely overwhelmed and lost! My boobs have gone south and my butt is also non-existent. I have to confess I felt totally sorry for myself, and would walk out of clothing stores nearly in tears because I couldn't figure out how to shop! (Sounds strange, I know.) But I finally decided to treat it as an adventure and have started trying on things that I would never have tried before. I also now view VERY GOOD undergarments as a must and as a wise investment. My bras cost $125 each (EEK) but are worth every penny because they make my clothes look 200% better! There are all kinds of undergarments that will kind of mold your body into shape-then have fun trying on stuff you would never have considered before! Be proud of your great accomplishment and show it off!
PJS145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:54 AM   #3  

Thanks, PJS145!! Glad to know I'm not alone in this. I also used to post some on another board, and when I asked this question they all acted like I was insane!!!

I know what you mean about stores..I'm just so overwhelmed!! I'm used to shopping in the Plus Size sections, and don't know where to even begin to look for clothes now.

I'm having undergarment issues right now...my bras are way too big and NO store I go to lets you try them on. Same with panties...I'm guessing at sizes and hoping something works!! I need to go somewhere and get measured, correctly, for a good bra, I guess.....
Old 03-27-2008, 11:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 212.6/149.6/150

Height: 5'3"

I think the bra fitting is key. I was wearing a 38 DD, but when I went to a really good lingerie store, I was fitted as a 36G! But, as shallow as it might sound, these bras have truly made a difference-and they made me look like I had lost another 10 pounds! I never thought a bra could look these way on me-I'm top heavy, so it's always been a focus for me. As far as the panties, it does take a little guesswork. I always check out the sale racks at Macy's or Dillards and buy a few different styles-I've would up with some that I really like.
PJS145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:49 PM   #5  

Thanks again!!

I guess it's time to go shopping...as hard as it may be, I'll have to stick it out!
Old 03-27-2008, 02:05 PM   #6  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I have never heard of a store not letting you try on bras !!
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:21 PM   #7  
Heidelitos

S/C/G: 186/???/145

Height: 5'4

Yeah, I would never buy a bra without trying it on first (and I would never wear it without washing it first!) But most major department stores will have someone trained to measure you.

I hope that you can have a little fun with your clothes and gain some confidance back. I'm sure you look great, you just may need to adjust your "style" a bit to fit your new body!
Heidelitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:57 PM   #8  

I'm from Podunk, Texas...."Major department store" is Target around here, and even then it's nearly an hour away.

But I'll hunt around some, and find a store with someone who will measure.

That's my biggest thing, though...I'm now unsure of what styles work on me. I guess it'll just take time to figure it out again, now that I'm boobless....
Old 03-27-2008, 09:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: (Preg 205)/163/150/140

Height: 5' 6"

Try herroom.com ... great shipping/return policy...I made three orders until I found what I liked. Then I bought three bras with my return funds. The right bra makes a world of difference even if you haven't lost weight. It's obvious to any one who meets me that I'm top heavy but other women always assume I'm many sizes smaller than I am because it is well hidden. Whether you are big or small, the right bra can help you balance your look.

I also am frustrated by others saying "I wish I had your problem"...no you don't! That's why I love this forum...enough people that someone understands what its like.
get fit in ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:02 AM   #10  

Thanks, get fit in ky....

I TOTALLY agree and feel your frustration, too! I'm so sick of people saying, "That's not a problem" or "I wish I had that problem" when I talk about my clothing issues.

On the same note, I like the compliments I get from time to time, but some people go waaaaaaaay overboard. I've even gotten, "Gosh I didn't even recognize you!" I know there are some differences...but it's not THAT different. I mean, seriously. But I know they mean well, so I just take it in, say thanks and move on.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:55 AM   #11  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

I'd like to chime in that it took lots of time for my mind to catch up with my body in regards to what I looked like. Happily my boobs are pretty small now and I can get away with no bra...or even just a little bralet so the huge amounts of $$ for a good bra aren't an issue....BUT!!! My god it took a quite a long time to "see"

I still have issues. I'm more insecure about what I look like than I ever was when I was fluffy.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:32 AM   #12  

Fluffy....I like that!

Thanks for the input, Lekhika...It's totally my mind that's the problem. I don't look in the mirror and see anything other than the way I looked for years, yet. I'm still the 220+ pound girl.

I'll get there one day....