Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Planning & Chat for Jan. 28 - Feb 3

It's almost the end of the first month of 2008. How's everyone doing? Any new plans for February?

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:46 AM   #2  

Talking Busy, busy for 3 weeks

I probably won't be posting much for the next three weeks.

Work is going to be and I'll probably alternate between and

I have finally lost one lb. and will make that my achievement for January.

Dagmar
Old 01-28-2008, 05:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

We'll be thinking about you Dagmar, even if you do post much.

I go back to work this morning after over three weeks vacation. I was dreading it yesterday but I'm OK this morning. I do need the added activity.

I have found that quilting is OK. I'm short so I stand to do a lot of my cutting and ironing. Apparently that's enough activity to cancel out some of the over-portions I've been scarfing down.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi girls,

Dag - hope week isn't too crazy for you.

Susan - I'm so jealous - a 3 week break from work would be sooo divine!!!! Hope it's not too hard to go back.'

I'm planning to have a good week, but I must go shopping. We are down to bare cupboards and pretty broke until payday, but I do have some fresh produce and can make do for 3 more days, at which point I plan to shop and stock healthy foods.

Have a healthy and happy Monday, ladies!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:56 AM   #5  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

This week I plan to get back on track, no matter what. I have a conference down in Delaware on Thursday and Friday, but I'm determined to work out at the hotel while I'm there. My current project ends this week, so I have no idea yet where I'll be on Monday, but in case it's a travel project, I really want to start getting used to eating healthy and working out on the road.
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 137/132/122

Height: 5' 3"

I have no trips planned for February, so I am going to concentrate on on maintaining good diet and exercise habits. I have one more pound to lose to get to my pre-Thanksgiving weight. My goal is to lose 3 pounds between now and February 28th.
CatR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:00 PM   #7  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I have just one off-plan meal scheduled this week on Wednesday (girls' night out--pedicures and dinner), the rest of the week will be POP in terms of meals. I have Aloo Gobi (but modified to include chicken, for protein, and spinach, because I didn't have enough cauliflower) prepared for lunch and I'm on a pink grapefruit kick, so I'll be eating lots of that as well.

I don't know what is up with this cold that I have. I wake up every morning just dragging , stuffed up and with an irritated throat, but then by evening I feel perfectly fine . But my trainer should be healthy by now, so I'm hoping to get back to plan with exercise as well.

SusanB: I do my cutting on the floor but I always stand to iron. You'd have to be a giant to be able to sit down to iron! But both of my quilts are completely pieced together, I just have to finish them. The one is already backed and 1/4 quilted, but I've stalled out on the rest of the quilting. I planned to tie the other off and I've just never gotten around to getting the backing on it (which I definitely have to do on the floor--it's a queen-sized quilt). At least knitting would be more compact.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Well let me tell ya ... ya sure remember quickly why you wanted a vacation so badly!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:50 PM   #9  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Happy Monday!

I feel exhausted this afternoon. I dont know why. I'm forcing myself to go to my gym class tonight. I know I'll feel great afterward. I might even stay for yoga after but that's optional. I haven't been doing well with my eating in general. I'm really frustrated with myself but I can't change what is already done. I'm taking it day by day. I hope to see some scale changes soon.. I'm afraid of getting on the scale but I'm forcing myself to do that tonight too. Maybe I need a shock. If I gained I might lose it but I'm hoping for the best. I really want to be 129 by Feb 14th. That's unlikely but I'm going to try. At least then I'd be on my way to my goal. This is ridiculous that I'm still hanging onto this weight.

I got lots of healthy groceries yesterday and did not buy even one treat. I was really proud of myself. I actually went down the chip/candy aisle but sped through like a madwoman. I didnt even look at it all. I can not have that stuff in my house.

well I'm off to my class! Have a good night.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Bikini - hang in there. Sorry you're having a rough time, but it sounds like you got some healthy groceries, which I'm sure will help!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:09 PM   #11  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Good evening. Finally a night off! It has been raining cats & dogs & who knows what else for several days. I hate driving in it. People in southern California don't do well driving in "weather"!

Bikini-I need to be like you and go past all the crap in the grocery store. I buy little "treats" which would be fine if I used them as treats instead of everyday indulgences. I really need to get a handle on that. I've been a sugar monster lately

I'm feeling a little yucky so I'm going to go drink some Nyquil and relax

Talk to you all later. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:36 PM   #12  

Cool Is it bedtime yet?

I walked 23 dogs today. And did two cat visits. This is day one of 5 just like today finished - is it Friday yet?

I'm staying OP by having strategic shots of fruit at 1:30 and 2:30, a hard boiled egg at 4 p.m. and a cup of soup at the last cat visit around 5 p.m. At least the last one is not eaten in my car. I had the little guy detailed yesterday and already he's full of sand and hair. And my two flying Wallenda labs put all sorts of nose and other body part prints all over the side and back windows.

My insurance interview is tomorrow. DH's office assistant finally gave him some insurance forms that apparently were faxed to his office for me on Jan 16th. No need to sharpen the point on her head

I'm going to be sooo polite to this woman. She at least gave me her cell # and answers calls after 4 p.m.

OT - just curious - are any of you who knit, quilt, etc. left-handed?

Dagmar
Old 01-28-2008, 08:48 PM   #13  
TBL Red Team Member

Tonight I ate a really light dinner, and I have about 500 cals left today, but I'm trying not to eat anything else because I recognize that I am not really hungry.

I haven't worked out yet today - trying to get up the energy/motivation to do it. IT MUST BE DONE
Old 01-29-2008, 12:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I've been pretty much on plan for the whole month, but I think I must be PMSing. Yesterday I had a lapse in judgement and bought a dozen oatmeal raisin cookies and managed to eat three of them (they're huge). I had another for breakfast this morning. I think I'm PMSing because of the carb craving. Must.Stop.

DH was supposed to fly to SLC yesterday morning and Delta called at 3:30 AM to say his flight was cancelled. He's leaving this afternoon instead. That means no walk tonight (not that we walked last night, either; in fact we haven't walked since Thursday or Friday night). I did surpass my month's run/walk goal of 50 miles, though.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:42 PM   #15  
TBL Red Team Member

My manager took us out for an afternoon dessert at this fantastic bakery near work. I was lucky I had chosen a light salad for lunch! I picked a smaller treat, even though my eye was going toward this one pastry that was humongous. Using Daily Plate, I'm estimating 300 cals, which isn't too bad. I just need to make sure I eat fairly lightly tonight and I'll be fine. Yay willpower!