Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Planning & Chat for Nov. 26 - Dec. 2

Good Morning!
It's just one month 'til Christmas! Where has the time gone?

Are you ready for the stress (and fun) of the coming holiday season? Ho ho ho or boo hoo?

Any new strategies? Lower cal recipes for holiday treats? Do you have your Christmas finery planned?

Have a great week!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:55 AM   #2  

Red face Good ticker/bad ticker

It's weird how, even though the number shouldn't really matter that much, I'm so quick to post a loss and soo much slower to post a gain.

Today I'm in a bit of a quandary . I'm pretty sure the number is not accurate (weekend disaster ) but it's the lowest weight I've been since I started posting.

I'm gonna put it up and then try to make it a "real" number with my plan this week .

Dagmar /
Old 11-26-2007, 06:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning!

I'm going to 'school' today. A programme based on this book
http://www.amazon.ca/Juice-Brady-G-W...6075762&sr=1-1

What could possibly be worse than sitting in a room full of strangers for four hours? ... and it's supposed to be my day off!

I wonder what kind of snacks they serve.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:38 AM   #4  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Wow, Susan, that title sure doesn't inspire much confidence. It's too bad that while managerial fads come and go, the four hours will be gone for good.

I'm having a "normal" day for the first time in what seems like forever. No meetings. No job candidates. No day off from school. No gym closures. I'm *so* looking forward to it.

Have a great one, feathered friends!

Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:43 AM   #5  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Dagmar - I am way down today too, which is kind of a surprise after Thanksgiving. However, when I just looked at my calories for the past week, I averaged 1685/day without including exercise, and 1506/day with adjustments for exercise. That is also combined with the fact that last week may have been artificially high due to that time of the month. So maybe I really am down? My stomach does look flatter, but that never means much to me because it responds very quickly to what I eat (i.e. if I eat a big lunch, my stomach will immediately look bigger). We'll see!

This week the goal is to try really hard to stay on plan. Unfortunately, I have a couple business meals planned for the end of the week, and two nights of drinking planned this weekend, so it will be tricky. On the bright side though, what can be worse than Thanksgiving? Good luck everyone!
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

My Thanksgiving was great (good food and good company) but the subsequent days weren't as good. Friday we went to a restaurant for lunch (I had a lovely lobster salad that I'm sure was well within my calorie limits) and we shared 3 desserts. That was my bad on Friday. Saturday we went to my cousins for dinner and I had too many chips and dip and really overdid it on the BBQ. Sunday I really overate at dinner. So my weight is up, but I'm not too concerned. It'll go back down.

Have a good day everyone!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I think I just spent 4 1/2 hours learning that common courtesy isn't as common as it should be. Just coffee, no snacks
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi all,

I tried to get back on track today by packing my gym bag. I'm a little irked at myself because I had a lot of energy yesterday and stayed up till 1AM (I get up at 6) reading Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. I was exhausted at work!

The walk was good to get me moving again, but only 45 minutes. I have 13,000 steps so far (found my pedometer too!).

Dagmar and laura - great job on the losses!!! You're where I need to be!

Susan - sorry about the boring seminar. I hope you got paid!

Allison - We should keep each other accountable this week and get our lbs down!

Later!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:41 PM   #9  

Thumbs up Think I'm finally a grownup

So this was my day.

On the noon walk went to get young Billie and found her sitting in a puddle of her own poop in her crate . Then young Billie hurled all over the car, me, herself, and one of the other dogs x 2.

Many towels later we made it through the walk. The car stank so badly for the rest of the day that two of the dogs just would not get in it. $30 income down the drain .

Then on the last afternoon walk Miss Nico had pooped on the carpet in her house. I smelled so badly of young Billie's breakfast that it barely registered. Just picked it up and left them a note.

And now I had a dinner walk with Miss Indy, through the whirling wet snowstorm. She, as it turned out when I went to the bathroom in her house, had pooped in her owners bedroom. Pure spite .

Here's the grownup part. Twenty years ago I would have run for the vodka bottle when I got home. Two years ago I would have run for the cookies and ice cream. But I'm here, posting instead of eating .

And DH stepped up to the plate by making dinner, doing the dishes, and cleaning out the cat box (for obvious reasons I just couldn't look at any more poop today). Good Man!

I will deal with a bunch of stuff tomorrow morning. Right now I'm just gonna sit in a clean pair of jammies.

Have a pleasant evening everyone!

Dagmar
Old 11-26-2007, 08:36 PM   #10  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Heya

First off, congrats on the losses Dagmar and Scenestealer! Job well done!

Susan - I saw the book title and was like, ugh, glad I don't have to sit through that. And no food?! that's just horrid, and so uncourtious of them. I'm assuming this is a work associated thing, so do you get paid at all for your troubles?

walking2lose - whoa! 13,000 steps? Was that just that walk, or was that your grand total for the day? How many miles/kilometers is that roughly? Can you tell at all?

Dagmar - Ew. What a gross day for you! It seems like all those dogs decided to be poopy/sick on the same day. Arg. Enjoy relaxing in those clean pj's you deserve it.

So I'm off to do some work. I had one of the most productive weekends in recent memory and I would like to continue with that fantabulous feeling of productivity. I won't be getting in any exercise today, which sucks, but I'll make up for it with healthy meals and exercising tomorrow. I can't go more than one day really without some sort of tough sweat-breaking exercise.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Cat- I'm up to 14,700 now. I think 10,000 steps is roughly 5 miles depending on your gait. What I've researched says that a normal 'active' person should aim for 10,000 a day. I think under 5,000 steps a day is actually considered sedentary (maybe it's under 4,000). One article I read suggested at least 13,000 a day if you are trying to use walking as a weight loss tool. Good days (long walks and busy days) I can get 17,000 or so! I love having a pedometer.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:17 PM   #12  
TBL Red Team Member

With all the pedometer talk - can anyone recommend a good pedometer? I don't own one, and I'd prefer to get something not too expensive. Are there any decent ones that are $20 or less?

Dagmar and Susan - sorry to hear about the not-fun days. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!
Old 11-27-2007, 06:17 AM   #13  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Scenestealer: My wellness program recommends the Digital Ez-V pedometer. It retails for $16. I haven't tried it, though. (See here for a review.)

Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:12 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I guess you can count me in the sedentary group. I have a pedometer and my normal day comes in around 5000 steps. I have to admit that adding 3 2-mile runs a week greatly improves the sedentary-ness of my job, though!

Claire~I'd love to stick with you and get over this hump!

Dagmar~sorry about your poopy day but I'm glad you're an adult about it!!!

When DH and I ran the Turkey Trot, we were given a free month's membership at the gym that is 2 doors down from our office. I'm hoping that once my parents leave on Saturday that I can drag him over there to sign up. One month may be enough to get him hooked and if I can get him to go 3 times a week, it'll do us both a whole lot of good.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:19 PM   #15  
TBL Red Team Member

What a great reward at the end of a Turkey Trot! Mine ran out of t-shirts, medals (I finished fast enough, but there was a 1 mile run and a 5K race before I even started the 10K, so they were all gone), and even the bibs at registration, so all I have to show for my run is a chip (that I returned like I was supposed to), a banana that I ate, and my name/time in the results. Oh well