Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Question Changing/leaving a group

I'm still quite "new" to Featherweights, in comparison to some of the others posting, but I was curious about changing groups.

Some of you have basically lost most of the weight and are 1-2 lbs. above your goal. Are you going to switch over to maintainers when you get to goal or stay with Feathers or post in both groups?

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh honey, I post everywhere! and read more places than that!

Actually, I'm always surprised when I find that someone only hangs out in one thread or forum.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:06 AM   #3  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I say, do what you wish, don't hesitate to join another group if you feel it could help you!

I technically am a 'Featherweight', but I hang out in the Maintainers forum as well. After all, as some people there have pointed at, even when not at goal yet, it is also about not regaining the weight we've already lost... therefore maintenance coping mechanisms are just as useful to us as weight loss strategies.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:44 AM   #4  

Talking Chat with the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Oh honey, I post everywhere! and read more places than that!

Actually, I'm always surprised when I find that someone only hangs out in one thread or forum.

I only hang out in one forum on this site. I'm with many other interest groups elsewhere. Isn't the net fun? A whole world of people to chat with!

Dagmar
Old 09-12-2007, 10:38 AM   #5  

I read everything, and post wherever I think I can add something!

emily
xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Dagmar~I hang out in featherweights, the Loozing Floozies, Maintainers and the Exercise thread for C25K. Oh, and the 40-somethings. I used to hang out in calorie counters, but that got so big, I couldn't keep up!

I'm like a lot of people--if I see a post where I can put in my 2 cents worth, I'll post it regardless if I'm a "regular" or not. I read a lot more than post, though.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:46 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Dagmar~I hang out in featherweights, the Loozing Floozies, Maintainers and the Exercise thread for C25K. Oh, and the 40-somethings. I used to hang out in calorie counters, but that got so big, I couldn't keep up!

I'm like a lot of people--if I see a post where I can put in my 2 cents worth, I'll post it regardless if I'm a "regular" or not. I read a lot more than post, though.
Sometimes she even puts in 4 cents!!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:11 AM   #8  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I hang out in several forums--Exercise, Food Talk, Nutrition, Calorie Counters, General Chatter, and Support are probably the ones I frequent the most. I also usually check out the most recent threads listed on the home page, which can be in any forum. I've even been known to post in the 100 lb club forum, but I try to be a little bit careful about that because I do worry that maybe someone who has more than 100 lbs to loose doesn't really want to hear from someone who only had to lose 35-40 lbs.

I occasionally lurk in the maintainers forum but I don't usually post there, despite the fact that, given how slow the last five lbs have been coming off, you could say I've been maintaining for the past year. But I'm still 1-2 lbs above goal so I don't really think of myself as a maintainer yet. I'm also ridiculously superstitious so I'm worried I'll jinx myself if I post there before I get to goal. And it just seems so significant to change forums, plus it means introducing myself to a whole new group of people; it's all a little intimidating. So for now I'm staying in Featherweights.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:32 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueToBlue View Post

I occasionally lurk in the maintainers forum but I don't usually post there, despite the fact that, given how slow the last five lbs have been coming off, you could say I've been maintaining for the past year. But I'm still 1-2 lbs above goal so I don't really think of myself as a maintainer yet. I'm also ridiculously superstitious so I'm worried I'll jinx myself if I post there before I get to goal. And it just seems so significant to change forums, plus it means introducing myself to a whole new group of people; it's all a little intimidating. So for now I'm staying in Featherweights.
Barbara~Once you lose ONE pound and keep it off, you are maintaining!
Old 09-18-2007, 05:50 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueToBlue View Post
I hang out in several forums--Exercise, Food Talk, Nutrition, Calorie Counters, General Chatter, and Support are probably the ones I frequent the most. I also usually check out the most recent threads listed on the home page, which can be in any forum. I've even been known to post in the 100 lb club forum, but I try to be a little bit careful about that because I do worry that maybe someone who has more than 100 lbs to loose doesn't really want to hear from someone who only had to lose 35-40 lbs.
Don't belittle your efforts Barbara. Anyone who loses any amount of weight and keeps it off has made a significant contribution to their own healthiness.

I felt a bit weird joining something called 3FC because I definitely was not fat and only had 15 lbs. to lose. But we all face the same basic obstacles whether it's 15 or 150 lbs. we have to lose and keep off. It just tends to get more complicated the heavier you are because there sometimes are additional health problems.

And this entire web site is the best place I've seen to get the support and information we need to do it. 3FC

Dagmar
Old 09-18-2007, 12:15 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
Don't belittle your efforts Barbara. Anyone who loses any amount of weight and keeps it off has made a significant contribution to their own healthiness.

I felt a bit weird joining something called 3FC because I definitely was not fat and only had 15 lbs. to lose. But we all face the same basic obstacles whether it's 15 or 150 lbs. we have to lose and keep off. It just tends to get more complicated the heavier you are because there sometimes are additional health problems.

And this entire web site is the best place I've seen to get the support and information we need to do it. 3FC

Dagmar
Well said!