Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Height: 5'0"

Default Jeans...

So, I have a weird shape. I admit it. Things don't sit where they used to...or as high as they used to. *sigh* Now I'm finding it very hard to find jeans that fit properly. I love American Eagle jeans and usually love how they fit, but the last few pairs I've gotten have left me wondering if it's time to switch..and what the heck to switch to.

I'm now into a size 0...yes...a size 0 in American Eagle jeans. BUT the thighs/calves are really too tight...though it's a good thing they are too tight b/c it's the only thing holding them up, since I have no hips or butt to do that. The waist, hips and butt on them are too loose and I'm constantly pulling them up all day long...even when I wear a belt! I'd love to just suck some of the fat out of my legs and move it to my hips/butt.
goinforthegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Go to zafu.com to find jeans that will fit almost anybody,
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up An amazing site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Go to zafu.com to find jeans that will fit almost anybody,
This is fabulous! I'm going jeans shopping on Saturday and this will help immensely. I've bought one brand on line for years but the fit has been changed (and so has my body) and now I have to (shudder) go to the mall.

Thanks!!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:45 PM   #4  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

ARG! JEANS!!!
hee hee, they are so annoying.

I have a similar problem. Although I have to say I checked out your progress pics and your thighs aren't fat so much as really muscled looking. You look great. Congrats.

I would go for what fits your legs...and maybe try tailoring? I mean it costs a little more money, but it might help.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Height: 5'0"

That zafu.com is pretty cool, thanks for passing it along. Though, it only gave me two results and both pairs were over $100. Guess that kinda proves my point about being hard to fit. LOL

Thanks Cats Tongue. My outer thighs are muscular (which I think is what you see in my pics), but I have a bunch of fat I can afford to lose on the insides of them. It's hard to tell from the pics.
goinforthegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 04:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Jeans that fit! YEAH!

Went shopping today. Now I know why I shop online if at all possible. The mall is a horrible place - too hot, blaring kids' music, tons of people, and not so much selection.

BUT - I used the suggestions from zafu.com and got 2 pairs of jeans that fit beautifully. And they're the cheap jeans - $38.50 CDN each! I just washed one pair and they're still in one piece too.

Just a note about jeans shopping. I haven't been in a "jeans" store for about 10 years. Went to the zafu suggested one with the $138 jeans and the sales help (there were two of them with no clients and one with one person) totally ignored me. I found the jeans and tried them on but they were not so good. I wouldn't have bought them if they were perfect - I have no patience with snooty salespeople.

I will try Macy's in NYC for the third suggested type of jeans when I go in Oct. and will report back.

Dagmar (sexy jeans lady)
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/156/140

Height: 5ft 7 inches

Default Buy 2 or 3

Whenever I find a great pair of jeans... I buy 2 or 3 depending on price. Think of all the hassle, time, gas. If you are at goal and find a great pair go for it! In winter, I wear jeans 3 or 4 days a week.

Just my suggestion.
I can't wait to go jean shopping when I hit my mini goal of 148. I will buy only one, cause I hope they won't fit for long...140 here I come.

Cheesy
cheesewhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

That site is fun! Bras too.

Does anyone else wear Austin jeans? I get them at Academy Sports when I'm in the States.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/133.5/117

Height: a lil under 5'4"

Talking

wow that site is amazing thanks so much for sharing!

But I refuse to buy new jeans until I get to 120-117....blah! Now I can only look....and prepare. hehe.
krawhitham is offline   Reply With Quote