Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:38 AM   #1  
Stronger Than Yesterday

Default new girly girl

hi everyone!
i'm new to featherweights i started 3fc back in october at 160 pounds with a goal of 130 for the end of feb. right now i'm sitting at 136. i'm having a hard time keeping my motivation high. before i was going hardcore and i was super dedicated. lately i've been slipping a little bit. thankfully i haven't been gaining.. but then i haven't been losing either. these last six are just making me work super hard!!
i'm turning 27 on the 19th and would like to be certain that i am back on track before then. as my birthday present to myself i'd really like to know that i will reach my goal.. and soon!
if anyone has any suggestions i'd love to hear them
juliebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:38 AM   #2  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi Julie. Well I have no suggestions for you because I'm not close enough to know how to shift those last few pounds but I just wanted to say wow - you've come a long way since October. Did you do a specific plan or calorie count etc? I'm guessing you did a lot of exercise. I'm looking to lose my weight by July really but I'd love to shift a lot of it by the end of May when I've got a thing I've got to go to. The fact that you've done so well in 4 months has just spurred me on.

Well done so far and am sure that the true featherweights will be along shortly to help you out with a plan.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:00 AM   #3  
Stronger Than Yesterday

hi doughnut!
thanks so much for your message!! it gave me a little boost
i didn't follow any kind of set "diet" really. i counted calories and exercised an hour a day for 4-5 days per week. i cut out all the junk and switched to alternatives. i've found that 100 calorie puddings, chocolate bars, etc have REALLY helped for those times when i needed a fix
best of luck in your weight loss.. feel free to message me if you have questions or want support or anything.. we seem to have similar weight goals!
Old 02-11-2007, 01:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 182.5/137.5/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hey there,
I have just signed up here and thought I would just add a quick hi under this thread as I too am a new girly gal!
I have 13 lbs to go... and am finally feeling back on track after some time in the wilderness of binge eating!
I have my birthday on the 19th of March, will be 29, and would so love to be a lot closer to goal!
Anyway, just saying Hi and getting into the forum thing!
Good Luck getting on track!
Carobelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 01:41 PM   #5  

Welcome Juliebee and Carobelle!

Happy early birthday to both of you. I definitely know what you mean about birthdays being incentives to work. Look how far you've guys have come
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 01:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome folks! Come join us in the weekly thread.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...39#post1569239
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:29 PM   #7  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Welcome to you too Carobelle. I see you've just cracked 11 stone which is really great - well done. I'd done it myself a few weeks ago but, um, flunked miserably the last couple of weeks and am way back up again (current ticker not accurate).

Julie - I know we're all different but out of interest how many calories did you tend to have a day?
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:53 AM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

juliebee and Carobelle

Please join us on the weekly thread
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:18 PM   #9  
Stronger Than Yesterday

carolbelle: hi! good luck to you too hope you have a great birthday!

sweet_talker: thanks!!

doughnut: i usually eat around 1500.. depending on how much exercise i get, etc. i tried to make sure that those calories really counted (lots of veggies and fruit) so i never really felt deprived.

ilene: thanks so much for the welcome