Old 01-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #76  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS

Hope this finds everyone doing well. It has been gorgeous weather here in southern California. Almost 7pm and we have all our windows and doors open Just finished dinner of ham, rice, cauliflower and carrots.

My daughter surprised us with a visit today, she finished a meeting early and stopped by to share the news that all is well with my next GRANDchild. She left me to go visit her brother and see my first granddaughter for a little while

Then my step-daughter stopped by after a few hours at our local brewery, just 1/4 mile away. She parked her car here and her and some friends walked over to it for some bbq and beer contest. She stopped in with her friends after they had their fun. They kept bugging me to go to but Angie and I had a guy come by to measure for new cabinets.

Angie is going to remodel our kitchen...I am so happy ...not

I was off work a lot this past week so I got to spend a lot of extra time with my GRANDdaughter

Messed up today but my own fault.....

I have put on some pounds with the slow days at work and extra helpings of not so good food....this morning I tell Angie all I am going to have for lunch the nest few weeks is salad...

then I go and order a pastrami and Swiss sandwich for lunch!!!

What's wrong with me?

don't answer

Be good
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #77  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

GARY ~ make sure you & Angie get your money's worth on those cabinets if you're changing or replacing them: insist on solid wood bases and nice wood doors too, i.e. oak or maple, or whatever. When DH & were looking at houses, we saw kitchens that had only "particle board" cupboards and although newer, they were falling apart and damaged (they can't take the wear & tear that "real" wood can).

Young people don't realize that the solid wood cupboards can last for 50-100 years; and all they really need to do for a facelift, is replace the doors with a nice quality oak or maple. Not only will they save money, but the kitchen will have a much more "true" & higher value.

As I told you all before; the sales agent lamented that our cupboards were the older style, and after I felt them, I said: "That's fine" ... DH and I new how much more valuable and sturdy these cupboards were. They had been hand-made of solid wood, inside and out, by a master craftsman; and they are in excellent condition. The backsplash also has real ceramic tiles, as does the floor; there was a lot of work and money put into our kitchen.

Dh had a scare yesterday -- he decided to push the snow off the back sunroof. I had warned him not to go up there, but of course -- he didn't listen. I kept having this nagging feeling so I went out and saw him up there; and noticed that the panels were sagging. So I prayed for him and then asked him to get down, but he didn't. So I went into the laundry room becuz it was bothering me so much & just started praying and singing to ease my mind.

Well, as you probably guessed, I heard a big crash -- he fell through one where the seam was overlapped, but did managed to catch himself. Thank the LORD, he was not hurt but had to repair the damage; and again, thank you GOD, it wasn't too bad. Needless to say, I expressed my displeasure (nicely but firmly, of course ); and he got down for good. Have you noticed yet that living with my DH is never dull or boring?

We have lovely here today; and the temps have been very mild for January -- what a blessing for us. Hope you all have a Superbly Serene Sunday; and, may we all be wise, and grateful, and warm, eh?

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-29-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #78  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

My 10 month old GRANDdaughter was just singing away in church this morning....

awesome...flat awesome!

In a few months she may even know some words!

Thanks for the advice ROSEBUD There is a lot of junk out there! Prayers for your DH...hard to keep that guy down!

See you all soon
Old 01-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Gary, some of my best memories are of going to church and sitting next to my Grandmother,.... she always had mints in her pocket and she ddidn't care if I helped myself.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:26 AM   #80  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

^^ Like ^^
Old 01-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 220/195/145

Height: 5/3

Good morning everyone! I haven't been here in quite a long time. I'm getting back onto the health kick. My husband (48 years old) suffered a heart attack two weeks ago, and have a quintuple bypass 10 days ago. We are doing this together for the first time! Need lots of prayers for patience, energy, and encouragement. The enormity of what has taken place hits me occasionally. I know that God has blessed us incredibly because he was in tune with his body and recognized the gentle nudging of his heart attack. We know that God has great plans for us because he wouldn't have given him that nudge otherwise. Hope you all are having a beautiful Monday!
tbmmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #82  
Rosebud

TBMMOM ~ PRAIZE GOD for bringing your husband through all this; am sending up ^prayers^ for a full recovery & strength for you both on your good healthy journey ...

GARY ~ thanks for the prayers for DH; he confessed to me at lunch yesterday that he had actually fallen head first, not the other way around. I kept asking GOD to send Angels to protect him, but jeepers I wish he would listen to me more. Even our neighbour came out asking what happened; he heard all the ruckus too. I am THANKING GOD that he wasn't hurt, becuz he surely could have been; and I hope & pray that he will learn something from the experience ...

BARGOO ~ we had a Christian family friend that we called our "pretend gramma" -- sometimes, she would take us younger kids to church; and she would give us little hankies with nickles in them to put in the plate, which we thought was just fabulous becuz we didn't have any money but we wanted to give like everyone else. That same lady became our Sunday school leader/teacher, and taught us all about our LORD JESUS as children; and she gave us our first bible at age 7 (all six of us).

It is a beautiful day here; and the temps aren't too bad either. Had a good eating weekend. We had roasted chicken with loads of veggies; which is a favorite in our house -- gotta have that at least once a week. I just try to change it up a bit each week, plus I baked a little extra for our lunch today.

Have a great day everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-30-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #83  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, All! And, WELCOME to our newcomers!

Thanks for the advice on DS's car. DH changed spark plugs, battery is new within the last 6 months, and they seem to have pinpointed that when the temp falls below freezing, it doesn't seem to be getting fuel, so may be a sensor acting up-we've had that problem before on other cars. Have to wait to see when the temps fall lower now-it's been such a nice winter, we actually have to wait a few days for below-freezing daytime temps!!! Really hard to believe! It might help to have a block heater, but there's no place to plug them in on campus, so they decided not to put one in.

You guys reminded me of being with my own grandma at church She always had mints in her purse too-lol! She played this huge pipe organ at church-the whole front wall of the church was pipes-it was amazing to hear and she was such a great organist and pianist! Great memories!

Well, gotta go fix supper-Polish duck soup tonight! Have a great evening!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #84  
Rosebud

HI RONNI ~ glad your DH & DS have worked things out with the car; hope all goes well for them. Yes, I wondered if he would have any place to plug it in on campus. Maybe our cars up here are made for the extreme cold. I know that when I worked as a waitress in a Truck Stop that the car makers used to send some of their cars up here to test them to see how they would drive/work in our colder temps and severe snow conditions. I used to serve the whole team at coffee breaks -- that was fun (on a side note: the little rascals used to take bets to see if I could remember all their orders; those that believed in me always won).

Both our grandmothers were Christians too; my maternal gramma had a bible on her bedside table all the time. She read it and said prayers for us all every night -- but they both lived far away from us. Our "pretend" gramma lived very close to us, so she would come for Christmas and other holidays; she also played the piano and the big pipe organ in that church too (part-time). My mother was a singer and choir leader, so when PG was free, she would sit with us kids in the pews ...

We had some friends over today; we had a nice visit, but they had some prayer needs that I am gonna put in for them in the PRAYER WARRIORS THREAD; I'll explain the details there ... Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-30-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:29 PM   #85  

I remember the last time I saw my Grandmother. The last words she said to me were" If I don't see you again in this life I will see you in a far better place." I get tears in my eyes just at that memory, but I treasure it. I didn't get to know my other Grandmother as she passed away when she was only 49 years old.
Gary, sometime I will tell you about my Grandfathers, they both spoiled me, something you would know nothing about.Ha!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:51 PM   #86  
Rosebud

Quote:
" If I don't see you again in this life I will see you in a far better place."
Oh, that's so awesome, BARGOO ~ don't blame you for getting teary-eyed over that one. I know that all my grammas & grampas, my mom, aunties, uncles, cousins, and our friends are up there in a far better place. I just have a feeling that they are all busy doing interesting things, and maybe even helping us all out too -- well, that is what I would want to do anyways ...

We had a good day today; ate well: we had pork steaks (well, part of one as they were big) with broccoli, carrots, cauliflower and a barley/brown rice mix. Baked it all in the oven and it was yum ...

Nice temps here; and a bit of ***** fell today, but not too much ... time to go have some tea and do some reading, I think. Bye for now; and keep warm out there!
Old 01-31-2012, 09:59 PM   #87  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Old 02-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 220/195/145

Height: 5/3

Thank you for the welcome! God continues to bless us every day. I am now in Onederland. I haven't been there in a long time and it feels so good!!!! God is good all of the time!
tbmmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbmmom View Post
Thank you for the welcome! God continues to bless us every day. I am now in Onederland. I haven't been there in a long time and it feels so good!!!! God is good all of the time!
Congratulations on your weight loss. I agree God is good, not just some of the time or if he happens to feel like it. He is good all the time. 100%.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #90  

Rosebud, you always have the best sounding dinners....too bad I am not close enough to drop in about dinnertime.