Old 01-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #61  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone. I am hoping that I am in the right place.

Let's just get it out in the open. I got saved when I was a child but really didn't know what that meant. In late high school and college I began experimenting with other religions. I've tried many of them...Christian (various denominations), Pagan, Islam, etc. But I came to a realization yesterday. It's not that I have to find a religion that fits into my beliefs. I have to fit my beliefs into whatever God wants me to do. If my beliefs differ from that of God's, then I need to change what I believe and follow God and not myself. I need to rearrange my priorities and make God first instead of last.

Am I still saved? I honestly don't know. How can someone turn her back on God so harshly and still really be saved? I may just need to meet with a preacher about this. That's a little tough to do when you don't have a church home though.

Someone once told me when I was in a rough period of my life to "let go and let God." That's also hard for me. I am a control freak. At least I admit it, but I am. It's so hard for me to turn my problems over to anyone else, especially someone that I can't see. For years I've struggled with my weight issues alone. But I don't think I can lose 145 pounds by myself. I need that love and support that God can give.

I fully admit that I don't pray. I think I'm scared to and afraid of rejection. After all, I turned my back on God. Why shouldn't He turn His back on me? I wouldn't blame Him if He did. But the story of the Prodigal Son keeps popping into my mind. Would God really forgive me for screwing up my entire life and welcome me back with open arms?

I want to turn my weight struggles over to God. I need His help. And I am looking forward to getting to know all of you as I go down this long journey toward better health and a stronger relationship with God.

Truly....I think I need a church home too.
HealthyMeWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #62  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Quote:
Would God really forgive me for screwing up my entire life and welcome me back with open arms?
ABSOLUTELY ... one of the main things that I love about GOD is that He is a GOD of many chances. That's what JESUS came for & died for; so that we could be forgiven for anything and everything ... that's why GOD sent Him. He also sent Him so that we could know GOD; becuz they were alike. He came to show us what GOD was like; to show us how much GOD loves us; and to show us how far He would go to prove it.

Yes, the prodigal son story could have just as well been about a prodigal daughter; for we are all his children. All you have to do is call out to Him again, and he will answer you. Ask Him into your heart and life again; it's that easy.

to the site and to our group; we are glad that you found us here. Yes, GOD can give you the power, and strength, and wisdom to get healthy again. He probably arranged for you to find this place; yes, God is that caring ... and that's how He works -- through other people and places like this. That's how He reaches out to us when we cannot see him. He talks to us through His beautiful creation, through His beautiful people, His Word: the Bible, and His church (more Christian people).

Pray about it and then look around for a church in your area. Did you look at the SALVATION PRAYER thread on the second page of this forum? There are some ideas and nice scriptures in there that you may find helpful.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-23-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #63  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthyMeWannabe View Post

I fully admit that I don't pray. I think I'm scared to and afraid of rejection. After all, I turned my back on God. Why shouldn't He turn His back on me? I wouldn't blame Him if He did. But the story of the Prodigal Son keeps popping into my mind. Would God really forgive me for screwing up my entire life and welcome me back with open arms?
God has not turned His back on you. This feeling you have now is the feeling you get when you are being called back to Him. Don't be afraid to pray. God is our Father and our Savior, you should turn to him in gratitude for everything you have and humbly request everything you need. And pray for others also, as that too will bring you closer to God, and other people need your prayers on their behalf as well.

I hope that you are able to resolve your internal conflict. I think many people go through that at one point in their lives or another. But the Bible is clear that all that is required for salvation is acceptance of Christ as our Savior, belief that he came and died for our sins, and true repentance of our sins. It doesn't require us to be without sin- that's impossible. That is why Christ came to save us...because we can't do it without Him.

God Bless.

Last edited by EagleRiverDee; 01-23-2012 at 10:00 PM.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:29 PM   #64  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Just wanted to share some pictures tonight but will be back tomorrow to post...

also HEALTHYMEWANNEBE you are right where God wants you to be! he has not forgotten you. His hands are open to welcome you...today!!

here is the link to my new pictures ladies ~

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...pa-nonnis.html
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

God will Never turn his back on you. Never. No matter what you do. Salvation is a gift, a free gift.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #66  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS

All is well here, Angie is on dinner duty tonight so I have a few minutes to check in....but then I always have a few minutes to check in

I had a short day at work, in fact I was off, I was working/donating some work on one of the homes our church owns. I am always the drywall guy!...for the last 30 years at our church...wonder who will do it when I get too old?...that's soon

I did get a real nice walk in with the goldens on an absolute gorgeous day here.

I called my sister to see if she was home, watching my GRANDdaughter, so I could come see herbut she was at Wal-Mart. I did make a deal to watch her tomorrow while my sister goes to church/school to help with hot lunch for the kids... I haven't seen her since Friday night and grandpa needs a fix

My weight is inching up but I am well aware why...too many high calorie meals the last two weeks...dang! A work in progress.

I put a recipe down in the Fabulous Food threads...Coolio's Chicken, I made it last night...very easy and I thought resonably healthy and good.

Angie and my sister got to be in a birthday party scene this week-end for a movie that my future son in law is working on...cool They needed "old" people

Well, I hope to be back soon...

Blessings!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #67  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, everyone!

Gary-the pics are great & your granddaughter is beautiful! It looks like you & your wife enjoy her very much & I'm sure there's no spoiling going on at all

HealthyMe-I can only say 'ditto' on what everyone else has said already. He's led you here for a reason and He'll be listening whenever you talk to Him. Spend time with Him, reading His word, and you'll learn what you need to do. Psalm 89 talks about God's faithfulness to us and His agreement with David, who had really messed up, but God used David and his family in incredible ways in spite of it. Try reading Romans 4:3, 4:20-24, 10:10; Philippians 3, especially verses 8 & 9; Romans 3:21-26.

Well, today's a town day again. Seems like I measure time passing these days by when we have to go do shopping again I also get to get my hair cut today, since she was sick last week and it was cancelled-very happy to be getting some of this trimmed! Then, my last round of hand therapy. The therapist is going to give me more hand exercises to try to minimize the arthritis damage, but they're not sure that they actually work. I'm supposed to get a paraffin bath to use at home to try to minimize the pain also, but the ones that have temperature control are kinda spendy, so that might have to wait a few weeks. I have a heating pad I can use in the meantime.

Then, of course, it's the Walmart trip I'm always amazed at how people behave and dress (and I know it's not just at Wally-world, because I've seen 'em at Target too, but Target won't admit it). Have to call Mom soon to get her list also......

Got some good news yesterday. Some of you might remember that when my dad died almost 2 years ago-really can't believe it's been that long-he wanted his body donated to IU medical school. I found out yesterday that his remains (the bodies are cremated afterward) will be sent back to us very shortly and we'll be able to plan a trip to bury him with his parents. It's been harder than we thought it would be sending his body away like that. I'll be glad to have him back with the family, but it brings back the sorrow to know I have to go bury him now. I have missed him every day since he passed, but, even though I think the phrase is way overused, I think we do need the closure.

Well, I guess I must go finish doing some chores before heading to town, so you all take care and have a good day!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:45 PM   #68  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Thank you for the advice everyone. God willing, I will make progress both in the weight loss and in growing a spiritual backbone.
HealthyMeWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #69  
Rosebud

GARY ~ the pictures of your grand-daughter are lovely ...

RONNI ~ glad you were able to get another hair-cutting appointment today. Do people dress and act funny at Wally-Mart? I didn't know that. Then again, I have only been there a few times myself; as the nearest one is over 70 km away from where we live. I do most of my shopping locally; and only get to the city once a year of so (may be much less now that we don't have a car).

We have had much milder days and we are very happy about that too! Today, DH and I sorted out two bins of video tapes; and I did some other sorting as well. Trying to find enuff places for everything, and we have to be a bit selective for space reasons, but we are winning.

HMWB ~ Hope you're having a good week so far ... oh, BTW -- the SALVATION PRAYER THREAD is back on the front page again.

Gotta go put dinner one; see ya later ... keep warm

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-25-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #70  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, everyone! Today's been an at-home take it easy kind of day. The 'town' day usually wears me out for a couple days after, so I've spent the day sorting paperwork and just doing light housework. Found out we're probably making the 3-hour(one way) drive to Orange City tomorrow to help DS2 figure out what's keeping his car from starting on days when the temp. falls below 30º, which is basically every day at this point in the year. DH is taking along new spark plugs and other whachamajigs to see if they can pinpoint the issue. I, on the other hand, am planning on taking along some reading for on the road and maybe try to stop in at a couple of the local stores.

Nothing else going on here, as I'm too tired to even try to get into any trouble or anything So, everyone have a great evening and day tomorrow!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #71  

Hello folks. Praising the Lord today for his goodness in ALL things. So thankful for his many blessings. It is cold and snowing today and I am all snug and warm in my tiny home.
Been reading your threads and this seems like a very compasionate and caring group. Glad to have found you. I have know the Lord as my personal Saviour for 50 years. My when I say it that way it makes me feel awfuly old!
The last few days this has been going through my mind "On Christ the Solid Rock I stand all other ground is sinking sand." So blessed to stand on the Solid Rock.
In Jesus name
Chris
Daylily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #72  
Rosebud

RONNI ~ This is a common problem with older vehicles. He may just need a NEW BATTERY: when it gets down to below freezing temps, an older battery has trouble working right. That happened to us, and when we put the new battery in -- no problem after that. Does he have a BLOCK HEATER? That can help too; all the cars here have them. You plug that in, and it helps the car start in cold weather. OH, and DH says that it could be that he needs NEW ANTI-FREEZE in his radiator; take the old stuff out and put in some that is for below freezing temps. Plus, make sure his radiator isn't leaking out his anti-freeze. Also, you can get a better OIL for the motor that is for colder temps -- 5W30 is best ...

CHRIS ~ nice to have you join us here too. This IS a really nice group of very supportive & caring Christian people.

Our temps are above 0 C/ 32 F today, so DH is running errands for me. I'm just doing light stuff around here too; have to mend a comforter -- not too hard on me. Have a great day everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-27-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #73  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Welcome, Chris!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Chris, Welcome !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #75  

Hi everyone,thank you for the warm welcome.
Ronni..do hope that your son's car problems are fixed. My DH is a mechanic so I am blessed that way.
We have a lot of ice in the dooryard I was out sanding early this morning. Makes great exercise. But no walking with out the ice cleats on the boots. I think I would rather have snow than the ice. Plow it and be done.
Slow day here just need to do my hair and such things for church tomorrow.
Have a joy filled and may God bless
Chris
Daylily is offline   Reply With Quote