Old 11-12-2009, 08:51 AM   #76  
Quit counting at 45!

Gary: You must be at the hospital by now but just wanted you to know that you are in my prayers today.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:39 AM   #77  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Gary-thinking and praying about you and the surgery.

Ashbee- nice to have you here!

Wilma-glad your DH is doing better. Does he like jigsaw puzzles? That's what we got for my DH to do when he had his shoulder surgery last year. Sounds like you enjoy your wii-I may have to look into getting a used one or something, as the weather just doesn't cooperate for walking outside in the winter (as I'm sure you know up where you are).

Iris-praying for you right now, especially regarding quitting the relationship. What I've learned is that if you have any doubts at all about staying in a relationship, then it's time to move on (as long as you're not already married). I should have listened to my doubts a long time ago, but didn't, so pray a lot and listen to that still, small voice that helps us know what we are to do.

Rosebud, Bargoo, Karen, Laurie- and prayers!

Take care everyone and have a great day!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Gary, just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and sending prayers. Tried to get on the site first thing this morning and couldn't get to it until about 1:00 this afternoon. Just wouldn't connect at all. I'll be watching for updates.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:12 PM   #79  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Gary update

Angie here-

Gary made it through his surgery with flying colors.
It went quicker than planned -- a good thing.

Right now he is sitting in the recliner and resting. It is difficult for him to get up and walk around, and especially sit at the computer (that's more painful for him than the surgery.

Thanks for all your prayers. He will be back here just as soon as he is able to sit up straight.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:20 PM   #80  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Thanks for the update, ANGIE -- that is great news! Tell him to take it easy; and we will continue prayers for him that the LORD will 'ease his pain' so that he can get some rest and sleep over the next while ...

KAREN ~ I tried to get in here all day too, and couldn't! I finally managed to get in here by going directly into another thread that I had posted in a while back ... go figure ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-12-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:36 PM   #81  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Angie - thanks for the update!
Gary - continued prayers for a speedy recovery

Hello to everyone else. Hope you are having a blessed weekend!

Prayers continuing for all!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:25 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Gary, so glad everything went well. Thanks, Angie for the update.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:52 PM   #83  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

Real quick here for right now

Feeling a whole lot better

Tried to get on a couple of times yesterday but couldn't

The surgery went well...I am resting so much it hurts my butt!

Hard to get up and sit down but need to...also need to walk around some. Was able to walk up the stairs this morning I came home right from the garage into the family room and had been there from Thursday afternoon until 6am today....thank goodness we have a bathroom down here!

Pain was there for sure but much less now...Doctor prescribed percocet for the pain, the nurses said to take 2 before I left the hospital...I took 1...then took 1 more 4 hours later...after that I just felt I could handle it AND I know pain medication can cause constipation...not something I want with my abdomen area being swollen and sore Just the thought of pushing makes me feel My doctor called me yesterday to check in and asked if the pain medication was doing it's job...told him what I just mentioned...he just said..."You are a beast!" So guess I am doing ok.

I will tell you all I really felt your prayers Not once from the time I decided to get the surgery to laying on the operating table did I ever feel anxious or nervous, even the slightest.

I have 2 very cool scars too No stitches...all glued up! Cool...way cool...

Have had so many visitors and phone calls I may need to get a hotel room to get some rest

Prayers for all ~ Gary
Old 11-14-2009, 02:45 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Gary, so glad you are OK , They just can't keep a good man down. I have had that super glued incision , too. It was on my back , so I couldn't reach it to take the tape off. It was really only a glorified bandaid. I asked my neighbor to take it off for me. She did, but she nearly fainted. I swear, it didn't look that bad, she is just a total wimp.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 04:22 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Yey, 3FC is back up! =)

Gary, glad you're doing all right and I'm praying for a quick post-op recovery for you.

I ran a 10K this morning with the BTE team - it was amazing and empowering and I really do feel "better than ever"! Only 29 days until the half marathon - I am nervous but honestly can't wait. Running makes me feel AMAZING.

I hope everyone has a blessed weekend!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:59 PM   #86  
Rosebud

IRIS ~ I agree with you -- yeah ... so glad 3FC's is back up and running again ... Congrats to you on running that 10K!!! Excuse my innocence, but how many K's is in a half marathon?

GARY ~ glad to hear that you are the Californian Iron Man -- seriously, glad that you are doing so well and that everthing went so smoothly; lots of prep prayers went up and will continue until you are 100% recovered ... it was nice to hear from ANGIE too!

to all our encouragers out there; take good care and hope you have a superbly blessed Sunday tomorrow ... ROSEBUD
Old 11-14-2009, 10:40 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

So glad to see that 3FC is back!! I was going through bad withdrawals!!! It felt like I lost all my friends at once!!

Gary, glad to hear from you and that you are doing so great. Thanks Angie for updating us right before the site went down.

Everybody take care.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:36 PM   #88  
Rosebud

Yah, KAREN ~ I thought the same at the beginning -- I was concerned that it was my pc at first, but when so many others were having the same problem getting in, I figured the issue had to be here (and my pc did give me a wee message of that sort).

We had a funny mixed bag of weather today; some and some and some ***** and some ~~~~~ (that's big winds) ... it couldn't make up it's mind ... We just had a peaceful, restful day today, as I decided to take it easy after such a busy week as my legs were a bit tired.

A couple of s brought us a present yesterday; they went and picked some veggies at a local farmers (more s) and brought us a box of big carrots -- I'm sure there is enuff for all winter! So washed some of them up today; and we had some for dinner, and I am putting some up in the freezer, and a few in the crisper too, and some are in our temporary cold room (our porch). What a blessing ...

DH went to a special service today; and tomorrow is going to a funeral ~ on Friday night, he went to pick us up something for dinner and was shocked to hear that his priest from where we used to live (for 16.5 years) passed away in his home on Friday; and he was only in his late 50's -- seems someone made a medical goofah, and thought it was only stress and anxiety. Well, may the LORD take him into his bosom in glory, and I know GOD will bless him for all the hard work he did for His kingdom during his lifetime. DH really liked him as did so many other people. We've had a lot of younger people passing in our small town lately from their twenties to fifties; some people are in a bit of shock right now ... may GOD comfort them with His peace that passes understanding!

HI to all our other CE'ers out there; hope you all are having a super blessed Sunday evening too ... ROSEBUD
Old 11-15-2009, 07:50 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Rosebud - a half marathon is about 21K - or 13 miles.
So sorry to hear about DH's priest's passing... prayers for all in need of comfort.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:54 PM   #90  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

Well I am much better today than I was a couple of days ago!

The only pain I experience is when I try to stand up from a sitting position and vice versa, other than that I would just call it discomfort...only took 2 pain pills and that was the first day...and as far as the "you may get constipated" issue.... nope...I think being easy on the pain pills solved that...although I did go from Thursday morning to Saturday morning...was starting to get a bit concerned...since then smooth sailing...a little too much FYI?......I know you all can relate

Watching the Charger game today one of the players scored a touchdown then handed my daughter in law the ball good to see that "comedy" but it cost the team 15 yards in a penalty...they still won.

Angie wouldn't allow me to go to church today...she was right about that Missed it but so glad God has blessed me in many ways at home today.

I have had a lot of visitors and calls from my friends and family...I was exhausted on Friday ...but so thankful for the attention and concerns.

Nephew calls every day...really had a lot of rain there in Norfolk VA where he is stationed right now. The NAVY has him in a hotel room and he had to move because it got flooded...they put him in a better room though.

Well, I better get up and move...I am BACK! and will catch up with all of you soon!

thank you all so much