Old 11-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #31  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I used my juicer for a while. It is great for vegetable and combo juices. Fruit juices are too high calorie for me.

One tip - if you have a bread maker, the pulp left over from making juice is GREAT to throw into home-made breads. Oh, and it is great for crock-pot soups too Lots of added fiber and nutrients

Honestly, my juicer sits on the shelf most of the time. I'm finding that I prefer whole vegetables and fruits to juice. But, that is just my experience.

I do believe the Jack LaLane juicer is a pretty good one - so if you are inclined to buy one - it should work well for you.

HTH

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:35 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I have a Juice Man Junior Juicer I use it for awhile put it away and bring it out again, I like the juice but it is a pain in the neck to clean. I have seen the Jack LaLanne jui cer at Target , if I didn't already have one I might get one. It looks like it might br easier to use, don't know about the cleaning part.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:03 PM   #33  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

My brother has a Juice Man juicer...he usues it when he is on a diet but most of the time it too stays on the shelf.

My suggestion....buy your juice at costco and get some Jack Lalanne books! He is incredible...almost 100 and still in better shape than all of us put together...

seriously KAREN ~ juicer are good if you use them and it is probably a good one!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:03 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Sounds interesting and I do have a bread maker. I use it all the time. I think since I bought it about 12 years ago I have only bought 3 or 4 loaves of bread....yeah, the hubby is spoiled now. I had never thought about adding the pulp from a juicer. I'm still trying to think it through. I don't want it to be just something that gathers dust on the counter. Thanks for your input.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:06 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Thanks Gary, I too am thinking that if it is more trouble to use than it is worth it will just sit. Don't want to buy one if it won't get used. Thanks
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:10 PM   #36  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Well, I guess I'll add my 2 cents worth in here; I just read about a doctor (Dr. Wong?) who says that you are better to buy a really good 3 horse power BLENDER and blend your veggie juices becuz then you also get all the nutrients and fiber from the pulp in your drink and he says that is healthier. I make my smoothies this way (throw skins and all in and you don't even notice it).

I agree that lots of people buy juicers but then don't use them after awhile; and like GARY says, you can now buy veggie-fruit combo juices pretty cheap in your local grocery store all ready for you to drink. Hope I'm not making this complicated for you ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:17 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

My big thing on kitchen gadgets - like my blender that I use to make smoothies and my food processor for dough, salsas, pestos, etc. is like bargoo said - these kind of things are so tedious to clean!! I especially love my food processor, but I use it less often than I otherwise would just because I hate trying to clean it. =)
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:46 PM   #38  
Rosebud

Gotta great tip for you -- when you use your kitchen gadgets (blender, juicer, processors, etc) ... rinse them in hot, soapy water IMMEDIATELY and they are EZ to clean. I learned this thru trial & error: as soon as I empty whatever I made in it, I run it under hot water (adding in a squeeze of dish soap) and presto ... clean as a whistle and as EZ as pie! ... your welcome!
Old 11-07-2009, 11:48 PM   #39  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

EZ for you to say ROSEBUD....wink
Old 11-08-2009, 08:26 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

The differance in using a juicer and buying juice is with the juicer you know it is fresh and there are no additives.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:36 AM   #41  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Great point BARGOO!
Old 11-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #42  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Hi all - happy Sunday! Church went well today, even though I was liturgist AND had PowerPoint duty. DH filled in for me in the media booth

The weather is glorious today - 64º F and .

I'm off to cook for the week and finish a few chores.

I hope everyone has a blessed start to their week!

Prayers ascending for all!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:31 PM   #43  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Just taking in some football...go figure...wink

Angie and I hung up a tapestry, she had come in this week...real pretty. It covers a big hole I have in our bedroom wall! Well, actually it is more of a small doorway. I built a room over our the attic area of our kitchen...it is a 10' by 11' room that goes from 4' high at the end to 11' high at the entry. Fully finished walls...storage shelves and closet....carpet, electrical, ceiling fan, air and heat...she uses it as an office...has her desk and computer up there....craft supplies, etc. Anyway I had a small door on it...she wanted me to take the door off...I did....then she bought a tapestry to cover the opening. I guess I should mention the opening is small...and 3.5' off the floor...she has to climb up a little step ladder to get into the room...after that it's cake!

Had a great church service today..as usual...went to Vicar's Sunday school class...really enjoy him. His wife comes too...he is in his early 30's...has tattoos running up and down his arm...is falling in love with surfing (he is from the midwest)...his wife has a nose stud...I guess my reason for all that info is that he is young and cool...Angie and I are not offended by it...some may be in our church, but most aren't. I love his energy!

Angie is teaching a yoga class tonight at the yoga studio. It will be a class on yoga with a christian point of view. Pray for blessings for her and the folks that come....she would love to see it grow! Tonight's is a one time thing...until she decides to do it again...depending on participants.

We brought home turkey soup from the leftovers at the bazaar yesterday....the ladies did an awesome job on that one too! We have enough for dinner tomorrow night's dinner. Talked to my ex-wife at church....she is one of the "leaders" of the women's group...said the bazaar went well and $$$ was made.

Be good ~ Back to the game
Old 11-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #44  
Rosebud

Boy, it took me three tries to get logged in tonight; I kept getting redirected to another thread in another forum ... Anyhow ...

GARY ~ ... that special room you made for ANGIE sounds cool and the tapestry over the doorway sounds neato too! I think it would be great to have your own hideaway to do your stuff; DH has some movies that I don't really like to listen to (loud war movies: lotta yelling and screaming and shooting, etc), so I would love a place that was out of ear range so I can concentrate to type and read: you know ... peaceful!

I will be thinking about that a lot when we build that cottage next spring -- my Dad called us and told us that next spring he is comin' up to help us get the basic shell of our cottage up, from floor to roof ... we are praying he has perfect health until then. Today, he was up on the roof of one of his cottages as the shingles needed replacing ... eeks; he's like the ever-ready bunny ... he just keeps goin' and goin' ...

Hope you all have a blessed and peaceful Sunday evening and a great start to the new week ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-08-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #45  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

real quick here...KAREN I saw an infomercial before tonight's football game on Jack's juicer...$100...how much is it at Wal-Mart...I may be changing my mind!