Old 06-14-2010, 06:23 AM   #31  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Thanks for all the awesome scriptures. One of my favorites is Isaiah 62:3 - You will be a crown of splendor in the Lord's hand, a royal diadem in the hand of your God.

You have to read a little ahead and after the verse because it's talking about Zion's New Name, but still awesome nonetheless.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:08 AM   #32  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I just enjoyed reading through these. I really need to hang out here more. I have many favorite scriptures but one that has directly related to my weight loss is Matthew 6.

Quote:
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[b]?
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:05 PM   #33  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

CHERYL ~ I agree, that is one of my favorites too; and Lee is right on the money as well ...

Here's a few more that I like too --

Matthew 4:4 -- "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of GOD."

Deuteronomy 8:7-10 -- "For the Lord thy GOD brought thee into a good land ... a land of wheat and barley; and vines and fig trees, and pomegranates; a land of olive oil, and honey; a land wherein thou shalt eat bread without scarceness, (and) thou shalt not lack anything in it ... when thou hast eaten and art full, then thou shalt bless the LORD thy GOD for the good land HE has given thee."

Nehemiah 8:10 -- "... Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send some to those who have none prepared: for this day is holy to the Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the Joy of the Lord is your strength."

Psalm 36:8 -- "They shall be abundantly satisfied with the bounty of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures."

Psalm 103:5 -- "Who satisfies thy mouth with good things: so that thy youth is renewed like the eagles."

Psalm 104:10 -- "HE causes the grass to grow; and herb for the service of man, to bring food out of the earth ... and wine that makes glad the heart of man ... and oil to make his face shine; and bread, which strengthens a man's heart ..."

Psalm 107:9 -- "HE satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness."

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-29-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:42 PM   #34  
Rosebud

I have some more ...

ECCLESIASTES 9:7 ~ "Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart, for GOD has already accepted thy works."

ISAIAH 49:10 ~ "They shall not hunger or thirst; neither shall the sun smite them ... for HE shall lead them by the springs of water (condensed)."

PHILIP 4:19 ~ "GOD shall supply all your need according to HIS riches in glory, by CHRIST JESUS."

ECCL 3:12-13 ~ "There is nothing better for us than to be happy, and to enjoy ourselves for as long as we can; and even more, that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labor, for it is the gift from GOD."

PSALM 22:26 ~ "The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek HIM; (and) your heart shall live forever."

PSALM 145:16 ~ "Thou openest thine hand, and satisfieth the desire of every living thing."

PSALM 34:10 ~ "They that seek the LORD, shall not want for any good thing."

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-01-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:54 PM   #35  
Rosebud

We can always use some more encouraging verses ...

JAMES 1:17 ~ "Every good and perfect gift comes from above ... from our Father, who changes not."

JOSHUA 1:9 ~ "Be not afraid, nor dismayed; for the LORD your GOD is with you withersoever thou goest."

PSALM 84:11 ~ "... No good thing will HE withhold from them that walk uprightly."

PHILIP 4:7 ~ "... the Peace of GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds, in Christ Jesus."

PSALM 55:22 ~ "Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and HE shall sustain thee."

ISAIAH 41:13 ~ "For I, the LORD thy GOD, will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee: Fear not, I will help thee."

NUMBERS 6:24-26 "... May the LORD bless you and keep you ... May the LORD make His face to shine upon you, and be gracious unto you ... May the LORD lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace."
Old 09-12-2010, 11:01 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Job chapter 23, When I feel so alone, helpless, lost this chapter gives me hope.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:47 PM   #37  
Rosebud

BOOTSIE ~ I checked that chapter out and I like verses 6 & 12 in particular ...

JOB 23:6 ~ "Will He (God) plead against me with His great power? NO -- He would put strength in me ..."

JOB 23:12 ~ "Neither have I gone back from the commandment of His lips: I have esteemed the words of His mouth more than my necessary food."

I also like JOB 10:12 ~ "Thou hast granted me life and favor, and thy visitation hath preserved my spirit."

JOB 19:25 ~ "For I know that my redeemer liveth; also that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth."

And from Chapter 38 on, GOD himself speaks about His awesome power and supremacy. One can't read those chapters and not be awed by GOD's great power and majesty ... I feel that He is reminding us that He has everything under control; and that we should TRUST HIM more ...

I like JOB 40:8 ~ "Wilt thou also disannul my judgement? Wilt thou condemn me that thou mayest be righteous?" (very humbling)

JOB 42:1 ~ "I know that thou canst do everything, and that no thought can be with-held from thee."

And of course, in the end, we know that "GOD accepted JOB and blessed him more than ever been before." JOB 42:9-12.

It was interesting that after GOD healed & restored JOB, all his family and friends came back to him; and each one gave him a piece of money and a piece of gold as they comforted him. GOD blessed JOB with a new family and he lived a good long life ...
Old 09-15-2010, 11:23 PM   #38  

Rosebud, I just love the conversing between our Father and Job. It is so much like our own lives in away, the potholes we don't understand , the strong love he had for Job and i really think he admired Job's determination to stand up and want to talk to him and get some answers. Like me Job did not understand so many things. It is good to know if I don't understand I can go straight and ask God to please explain it to me, when he gets the time. I think also the greatest gift Job got was our Fathers love, can't you just see a glow of love surrounding him at the end, so awesome.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:45 PM   #39  
Rosebud

Well, deja-vous or what ... would you believe that my morning devotion today was on these very verses -- the book of JOB; and the writer felt that this book (esp the chapters 38 and on) where GOD describes all that HE created here on earth (and the cosmos), is indeed to show us just how much wisdom and power GOD has, so we can TRUST HIM to look after us and our lives ...

Indeed this book shows us that if someone as righteous as JOB can have so many bad things befall him, and he was not to blame; then we can be assured when troubles come our way too. Mr. De Hann says that GOD must have really respected JOB to risk letting him be tried by YKW so much. Despite his immense losses and pain and sorrow, JOB never blamed GOD or turned against Him ...

He did question GOD, but that is all -- and this story does show us that GOD doesn't mind that we have questions and that we try to understand Him better. JOB's friends blamed him -- saying that he was wrong, when he wasn't; but JOB prayed for them in the end, and GOD counted that as even more righteousness towards JOB and HE was very impressed with him.

It made me think about the hard times that NA and the world are going through right now -- these may well be testing times. GOD may be calling people back to Himself through these circumstances. HE may be trying to get people to slow down and smell the roses and not living so much for money and material possessions. He may want people to change their priorities; OR maybe HE justs wants them to ^^^ LOOK UP ^^^; OR to get to know GOD better ...

The key thing to remember is that GOD doesn't do these things, but HE allows or permits them for some very good reason. So we need to pray and ask GOD what we can learn from these times ... For some Christians, HE may just want them to TRUST HIM ... and that's all ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-16-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:14 PM   #40  

That is awesome here we were discussing Job and your morning devotion was about Job!

God,grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And the Wisdom to know the difference
Reinhold Neibuhr , 1926

My Mother always said this prayer and had it up on the wall in our cafe's we had.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:36 PM   #41  

I been reading over and over again Proverbs 3 and 4 this week and it is so encouraging. All that have the cravings or just want to make something right in your life they are so encouraging , well....... they have been to me, anyway.
Proverb 4 : 23 to 27 really have encouraged me.

Above all else guard your heart, for it affects everything you do. Avoid all perverse talk; stay far from corrupt speech. Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet; then stick to the path and stay safe . don't get side tracked; keep your feet from following evil.