Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-07-2006, 12:24 PM   #1  
Starting over =]

S/C/G: 225/185/150

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Default Help-temporarily injured!!!!!!!!

I don't know if this is where I should post this but I'm hoping you guys won't mine if I post it here.

Anyway, everything was going great I had just gotten upf ro a restful night of sleep, had all my cute and comfy exercise clothes on and I even put on sunscreen, even on my face! I arrived on the field to play some soccer with a couple of friends. I was doing great and was blocking balls and defending my team with great kicks and then I started to feel tight on my right thigh. This had happened to me before but if I ignored it, it would usually go away. This time after another great (hard) defense kick, it felt like someone ripped my thigh. I immediately left the field and went home. The muscles on the front of my thigh (don't know what they're called) are so sore and tight that I can't do anything but walk (with some pain) I can't even lift my leg to put it on the couch.

So anyway, I was just hoping to get some ideas for some light exercises that I can do without injuring myself even more. I looked into pilates because I heard it was originally made for injured dancers, but it still is a little too strenuos for me. Any words/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
happyveggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:56 PM   #2  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

If it felt like someone ripped your thigh, you might wanna see a dr about it. I have an ex friend who tore her quad playing soccer....it's not something to mess around with.
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:20 PM   #3  

go see a doctor first and then worry about what exercise you can and cannot do. it's too dangerous to think you know what might be wrong and continue to do exercises that are going to keep the area inflammed. once you know what's wrong, then you can determine what you can and cannot do.

Michael Navin, CSCS
leanbodyfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 03:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 154/145/125

i third going to see a doctor ASAP. it sounds like you tore something.

for future or other's reference-- a tried and true remedy for most injuries that do not require medical attention is RICE-- REST, ICE, COMPRESSION, and ELEVATION. ibuprofen and other NSAIDs also do wonders.

but it is extremely important to give your injured part sufficient rest. i had a reoccurring hip problem that I worsened by getting back into running too soon.
kms7z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #5  

Go see a doctor. I have been injured for a few weeks and the doctor told me to stop running. It stinks because i am out of the swing of my running but my foot has finally started to heal and if you ignore it you could make it so much worse! Good luck at the doctor.
VelVeeta is offline   Reply With Quote