FitDay Question

• I started logging my food intake and activities into FitDay. Does FitDay take into account a person's weight when calculating the number of calories burned?

Today I walked on the treadmill for about a half-hour. Then in the afternoon, I pushed my kids in their double jogger for a total of 4.5 miles. The double jogger must weigh close to 70 lbs. and I walked at a pretty decent pace (probably 3 mph). FitDay calculates walking, pushing a stroller as 2 mph which is slower than what they have as walking at 3 mph. Which calculation do you think I should use?
  • Jeanne - you know I am not sure...I would probably go with the walking whatever mph you were with the stroller...as long as you were not like leaning on it, letting it do the work. So If you were going 3 mph with the stroller log it as walking 3mph....Hope this helps.
  • I agree. I would go with how fast I was walking. I walk everyday with my stroller and walk about 3.5 to 4.0 MPH, so that's what I go with!

I use the home version of fitday and it DOES take into account how much you weigh. Not sure about the online version. Try changing your weight by a good amount and see if calories burned changes.