Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2001, 03:22 PM   #1  

Talking All Air Walkers/Gliders/Ellipticals/Treadmills/Regular Walkers #33

Hi Everyone!

I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to post! I had Jury Duty and then had some catching up to do at work. But I'm back. As for exercise I've been doing pretty good so far. The Power 90 program is really tough and although I've stumbled a few times I've mostly stuck with it pretty closely. I just need to get my diet more in line!

Nona and Lynne-I'm so glad you've stuck with me even when I haven't posted much. You guys really helped to keep this thread alive. I'm going to try to post more often. I know it's not much fun to post by yourself. Once again thanks for hanging in there!

I hope others will join us here. Let's get this thread rolling again and get motivated to do some exercising!
Old 08-02-2001, 08:47 PM   #2  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Default Hi There! :)

Sorry it took me so long to post. My computer decided to take a vacation! LOL. Anyway, I'm back..... I hope....

Hope all is well with everyone. Thanks for starting a new thread Rose. My company is here - has been for a few days - I will check in when I can for the next week.

Be Good and see you all Lighter!
Nona
Old 08-03-2001, 11:33 AM   #3  
Beauty is within...

Hi all!

Sorry been awol - been "laid up", literally, with back problems. So suffice it to say I've missed my exercise , but managed to lose 1 kilo in the meantime! (2 pounds)

Will catch up tomorrow, just about to go to bed...

Byee!
Lynne
Old 08-06-2001, 09:04 PM   #4  
Beauty is within...

Far out! My computer is so slow this morning it's driving me nuts!

Can't be too long, as I've gotta do some work, but wanted to say that I managed to finally get a walk in yesterday, and hoping to go swimming tonight.

Hope everyone else is well.

Chow for now!
Lynne
Old 08-07-2001, 05:04 PM   #5  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Hi All

My company has left as of this afternoon. It is nice to have the house quiet again. Now the fun begins - the cleaning! LOL!

I did very well on my points while my company was here, but did eat at the top of my range. This next week I will be concentrating on the low to mid range area.

There were a total of 7 children and 6 adults here off/on at my house this past week and we managed some sightseeing, etc. - so I know I got some exercise done. I will be doing my Kathy Smith marching tape tomorrow though.

Take Care and keep posting

Nona
Old 08-10-2001, 12:15 PM   #6  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Hello Out There!

Where are you guys? Having a fun summer I bet! lol! Check in when you can.

I'm using my WW journal again. I thought I was doing better than I actually was. It feels good to know I'm back on track. Now if the weather would only cooperate I would love to go walking - it's hot! Time to do another exercise video..... these are getting boring!

Take Care.... Nona
Old 08-13-2001, 04:33 PM   #7  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Sorry to have left again. My step-dad's uncle passed away and we went to see family, etc. Things are getting better now.

Well, I'm back and was surprised to see no new posts over the weekend. Thought I would bring the thread back to the top & post this afternoon!

How is everyone doing? Journaling, walking, ect?? Hope all is well! Post when you can....

Nona
Old 08-15-2001, 06:11 PM   #8  

Hi Everyone!

I am so sorry I've been missing so long! It's been so hectic at home and at work that I've had no time to post. Plus my computer at work has been sick so I have been unable to access this website or any website for that matter. I've missed you all!

Nona-I'm sorry no on has been around. I guess it's the summer getting in the way but the holidays are right around the corner and I need to get moving more. I'm glad to see you're still hanging in here though! It sounds like you're doing great! I'm sorry about your step-dads uncle passing away. I promise I'll try to post more often. I need the support right now so much! Thanks for being here!

Lynne-I know you've been busy! I hope all is well and you've been doing great with your walking! Try to post when you can. Poor Nona must have been so lonely on here and I've noticed you've posted without much response too. I guess I've been really lagging. I'm sorry. Please forgive me?

Okay as for me I've been working out on my Orbitrek and I've been doing Tae Bo and my total gym and just a whole bunch of different exercise stuff to see what I like and what I will stick to. So far I like the total gym and the Orbitrek. Tae Bo is a killer but it's hard on my knees. I just wish I could lose some of this weight. I need to concentrate on my eating more. That would really get the ball rolling. Well I just wanted to let you all know that I'm still alive and out here. Thanks for posting and I'll do better with my posts too!

Keep Moving everyone!
Old 08-16-2001, 10:21 AM   #9  
Beauty is within...

Smile

Hi all!

I have to apologise too, as I've had heaps going on, mainly due to ill health, so haven't exercised in about 2 weeks!

I'll keep this short, as I'm about to go to bed, but I've got a suggestion.
It sounds like we're all trying to get back into the swing of things, so why don't we "get together" and do something regularly, like an "exercise night", where we say that on certain days where we know we have time we all come in here and "join in" class, and then go and do what we said we'd do, and then come back in to give a "progress report". Does that appeal to either of you? I just feel that I need to make a better commitment to exercise, and seeing as how I've got no one here (as in my place) to do it with me, what about we do it together?

I'm suggesting, say, 3 nights a week, or something like that, which incorporates 2 week days and 1 weekend day. Then we'll know that we've done at least 3 lots of exercise in a week.

Anyway, I'm rambling now! Let me know what you reckon. I don't wanna go adding any pressure, so don't feel rude if you say you're not interested.

Have a good night guys, and thanks for being here, it's good to have you to remind me of the important part of losing weight! Friends!! (oh yeah and the exercise blah blah blah hee hee)

Lynne
Old 08-16-2001, 05:09 PM   #10  

Lynne,
That sounds like a great idea. I sure can use the motivation. Why don't you start it and I'll join in. I hope others will join in too. The more the merrier. I'm sorry you've been ill. I know how that can set you back. I had the same problem earlier in the year. It's hard to get going again so whatever it takes lets do it. I'll check back later to see what you think.

Everyone else out there please join us. I need all the help I can get!
Old 08-16-2001, 08:58 PM   #11  
Beauty is within...

Hi all!

Okay Rose, I've been thinking about it, and here's my idea:

3 days, being Monday, Thursday and Saturday.
Monday to kick-start the week, Thursday to keep up the motivation, and Saturday so you don't lose it on the weekend.

Wadda ya reckon?

So I say that on those days, if not any others, we log in, say what we are planning on doing, and then log in after to give our report.

I figure if we promise to "join" for those 3 days, it's a commitment to an "exercise class" just as if we were really going to our local gym, or getting together for a walk. We don't want to let ourselves or our exercise buddies down!

So tomorrow morning I will log in with my plan for the day and then let you know how I go.

It would be great if we can get others to join us, but at least if it's only the 2 of us, we are making a promise to each other, and that at least counts for something!

I have to say I'm very excited about this!!!!

Talk to you tomorrow!!!

Lynne
Old 08-17-2001, 05:32 PM   #12  

Hi Lynne!
I'm all for it. I'll log in tomorrow and let you know my plan for the day. Right now I'm thinking Tae Bo for cardio and later on some Total Gym for strength training. I think this is just what I need to get back on track. If I can just do cardio for three days a week I'll be happy so this will be a good start. I can't wait to get started!

Nona-Are you out there? Please join us!

Anyone else out there lurking join us and help us get moving! The more the merrier!
Old 08-17-2001, 08:14 PM   #13  
Beauty is within...

Smile

Goooooowwwweeeeeddd morning people!!

It's Saturday and I'm feeling decidedly chipper this morning! hee hee

Marc and I went out for the NICEST dinner last night. He's been really busy with work all week, so it was the first chance of spending some decent time together. So I suggested we go out on a "date", seeing as how we don't get to very often. So I organised a dinner at a really nice restaurant up the freeway that overlooks Adelaide, and kept it as a surprise. In the meantime Marc had gone off and bought me some roses and champagne! We then came home afterwards and sipped on Absolut Currant Vodka (mine with diet lemonade!) and felt very happy. I'm sure you can appreciate in a busy lifestyle with kids it's sometimes hard to remember to pamper your own romance! And we've also been quite broke, but we've finally caught up with our finances, so it was nice to be able to afford to do it! *sigh* it was SO nice!

As I "join" class today, I am going to take myself for a walk. The sun's out (finally!) so I'll go after lunchtime. And I'm also going to do all my stretches and stuff. A good long workout is just what I need!!! I don't think I'm going to be as strenuous as you Rose, but it all counts!

Can I suggest that we could start a new thread that headlines what we are doing? So have the title as it is, with "new beginnings" or something after it, and have the first post talking about what we're doing. That way we might get more attention?

Well, I'll log in later to let you know how I go!

Lynne
Old 08-17-2001, 09:54 PM   #14  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Smile Hello There

Lynne - What a great idea you came up with Count me in. It sounds as if you and Rose are starting this on Saturday? I will plan on something for then and will log on afterwards.

Anyway, it's going to be 108 degrees tomorrow, so I know I won't be walking - LOL!! How about I commit myself to an exercise video and some crunches?!?

I'll check back tomorrow. Lighter ~~~ Nona
Old 08-18-2001, 05:36 PM   #15  

Hi you motivated exercisers!

Lynne-What a great idea. Go ahead and start a seperate thread and I'll post to it once I'm done with my exercise. That will really attract people I think. I'm getting ready to do my Tae Bo but my apartment is really hot today but I'm going to do it anyway. Wish me luck! By the way it sounds like you had a wonderful evening. How romantic! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. It makes working out so much easier doesn't it. Okay I'll look for the new thread a little later on.

Nona-I'm so glad you're joining us! I was wondering if you would. This is just what I needed. Some motivated friends to get me moving again. I really need to take this weight off before the holidays roll around. Plus I want an excuse to buy some new fall clothes! Okay look for the new thread Lynne will start and I'll check in later. Let's get moving.

See ya all later! Thanks for the motivation!
Closed Thread