Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-11-2005, 06:52 PM   #1  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default My New Exercise Routine...Suggestions?

Ok I've come up with a new exercise routine that I hope to start in January, because I have to buy a stationary bike before I can start that part, but I will be walking starting Tomorrow, weights I probably won't add in until the new year either because I need to borrow hand weights from my mom and I won't see her until christmas day. Anyway here it is:

Monday to Saturday
- Walking for 30-60 minutes (I have a paper route that I start tomorrow to earn some extra cash for a bit b/c the town I live in is fairly small so their arnt many places hiring at the moment, and I figured having a paper route would give me a reason to HAVE to walk, I deliver around 50 papers 6 days a week, and I make around $115 every 2 weeks so it isn't bad for now, I also check the mail everyday, since we have a PO Box, it takes me about 10-15 minutes to do that, and my bf and I walked my paper route yesterday and it took 35 minutes without stopping to deliver papers)

Monday, Wednesday and Friday

WARM UP - 10 minutes on stationary bike

ARMS - Reverse Grip Biceps Curl, Reverse Flye, Bent Over Tricep Extension, Curl to Upper Cut, Victory Push and Whole Enchilada (these are exercises that focus on the arms from SELF magazine, I would post pictures but I don't have my scanner here, sorry. I made sure that I could target my shoulders, back, triceps and biceps with these exercises though.)

LEGS - High Five Squat, Calf Raise/Standing Heel Raise while holding weights, Hip Hike, Walking Mini Lunge and Hipflexor Stretch (Again from SELF Magazine)

ABS - 15 crunches in between each section (ex. warm up, crunches, arms, crunches, legs, crunches, cardio, crunches, stretch) For a total of 60.

CARDIO - 20 minutes on bike

STRETCH - Spine & Shoulder Stretch, Ab Stretch/Back Toner, Toning Hip and Back Stretch, Strengthening Lower Back Stretch, Side Stretch, Knee to Nose Stretch (Again these stretches are from a magazine with pictures, so I cant show the pictures b/c I don't have my scanner)

Any suggestions? Is this a good workout? Also I was thinking of starting with 3lb weights, then 5lbs and then eventually 8lbs, with maybe 10 reps of each arm and leg exercise? Does this sound ok?
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 07:17 PM   #2  
wannaBaloser

Your exercise routine is excellent. Your plan with weights is good. Begin with a warm up and do 8 reps of each exercise w #3 very slowly. This is one set. after one month do 12 reps of each exercise; after one more month do 8 reps but do 2 sets. If at any time it feels too much, or you miss a few days .. drop back to a lower level. Dont rush it and allow your muscles to get used to the movements. Ultimately you may be using #5 and 16 reps and 4 sets....(that is the max suggested for me.) Consistency and patience are your best friends. Good for you for a well thought out plan, the best of luck

O2BN...Bantry

one step at a time will bring you to the end of a journey

walkin2bfit
aka
sherry
wannaBaloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 07:22 PM   #3  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Thanks!
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:12 PM   #4  

I recommend a stretch after your warm up as well as the one after your cooldown
okie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 01:26 PM   #5  

I would recomend doing some excersises for your back, I wasn't using mine and it really started to hurt until I added pilaties back into my program. But there are lots of really easy excersises for your back.
fikustrees is offline   Reply With Quote