Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-22-2005, 08:08 AM   #16  
Meg

Bruises from a massage, Mel? Those must have been some kind of knots in your muscles!

Yesterday was 20 minutes on the elliptical, 30 on the bike, and shoulders (and abs with clients - easiest way to get abs done). Today I've done 30 on the elliptical, 30 on the bike and plan to do bi's and tri's at 2:00 PM. Chest tomorrow and legs on Sunday (+ cardio) will round out the week.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 04:37 PM   #17  

Well I've done pretty good this week. Mon: Shoulders & Tri's in AM then 2 mile walk during lunch, Tues: 2 mile walk during lunch, Wed: Legs in AM and 2 mile walk during lunch, Thur: Didn't get to workout, Fri: Back and Bi's (my arms are still a little shaky and my workout was 5:30 this morning).

TTFN,
E
EofAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 06:27 PM   #18  
Ilene the Bean

I got a run in... It was a horrible run...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 01:59 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

How is a run horrible?

I missed FOUR days of exercise this week. So I was determined to get in a good workout today. I did over a 4 mile run and then worked chest, tris, shoulders and abs (combined two days of the stumptous 4 day split I'm doing). I KNOW I will sleep good tonite!

Tiki
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 02:16 PM   #20  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Today I started my goal for the week with a 2.5 miles. I did ellipitcal and treadmill then did wt. rest. for the rest of my workout at the gym.
Meg we have been on sites together before you are always exercising so hard. I look up to you and your accomplishments. I recently started the ellipitcal machine it was pretty hard start. I am going to increase my time on it this week. I first started with 10 min. Any ideas of how much I should inc. at a time?
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 03:54 PM   #21  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikanique
How is a run horrible?
Because my toes are getting numb lately when I run and it's driving me nuts ... And that was a particularly bad day...

Anywhoooo, today was an AWESOME run and my toes were pretty good ... I did a whole 10k on the which was a first for me ... I worked shoulders afterwards...
Old 04-24-2005, 04:33 PM   #22  
Meg

Ilene - on the numb toes - I wonder if you might have the same problem (Morton's neuroma) that I have? My toes hurt like a son of a gun, but apparently numbness can also be a symptom: http://www.foot.com/info/cond_mortons_neuroma.jsp Do all your toes get numb or just some of them? My pain is right in my third and fourth toes, just like the article describes.

Regardless, you might want to get it checked out. I waited way too long to get mine looked at (more than a year) and as a result, now have scar tissue there. My doctor is telling me that the only way to get rid of the pain now is with surgery and I don't have time to be off my feet for a week. Fortunately, I seem to spend 95% of my life in gym shoes!
Old 04-24-2005, 05:45 PM   #23  
Ilene the Bean

Thanks for that link Meg ... I always wanted to be just like YOU not your feet , but I guess it's a good start .... Yes, it does sound like Morton's neuroma or Metatarsalgia, I am getting it checked, I'm calling the doctor tomorrow. Do you have pain all the time? Mine only comes along while running and I can usually walk it out during the walking breaks....Do you wear an Orthotics in your shoes? The running store I go to gave some gel cushions and they help a bit in one shoe and it's perfect in the other shoe... Oh, I sure hope I don't have to stop running , I would be sooooooo sad .....
Old 04-24-2005, 05:58 PM   #24  
Meg

You don't want to be like my feet? With the cute little toes all painted with 'A Rose At Dawn Broke By Noon'??? (don't you just love the names of nail polish colors - they are SO bizarre!!! )

My pain USED to only come when I was running. Now it's any time I wear real shoes, in the mornings, and a lot of times even when I'm wearing gym shoes. Thankfully I can still do no-impact cardio but running is completely out of the question. Good for you for getting it looked at now - if I had been smarter about it, I might still be able to run too.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:04 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ladies, Its the end of the excersise week. I did really well, I did the ellyptical 3 days at the gym, 60 min each day, step aerobics once, and pillates 3 times. yeah, that was my goal.
Today I jogged/walked at the gym. I still can't quite jog the whole time. but I got in 3.75 miles and did some arm weights after ward.

Meg and Illene, Not to be a copy cat but... I get numb toes too. Mostly when I am running or on the ellyptical. I just got some new shoes because I also get a pain on the side of my foot. I had never really thought much of it. I might have to go and get it check out. I dont' want perminant damage.

Tiki, sounds like a good work out you had.

camsc, I used to hate the ellyptical I could only do 10 minutes but I built it up now its my fav and I go for an hour + a cool down. keep at it.

Keep up the good work every one else, see ya next week!
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 09:50 PM   #26  
Ilene the Bean

Meg -- I get my first spring pedicure this week, I can't wait!!

Sorry, I know it's an exercise thread, I won't change the subject (too often) again !