Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-02-2005, 09:05 PM   #1  

Default pilates?

does anyone feel that pilates really works for them..i do it every night and i feel great after but i think because im not consistant with it is why i am not seeing the results i want...any comments? does it work for you?
megbrenn89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 10:21 PM   #2  
The Prettiest Mud Puddle

I have never tried pilates; but have heard great things about it. I do bellydancing which, while seemingly easy, is quite a workout. It really helps me build my stamina and a little flexability .
Mudlucious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 02:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/143/125

Height: 5'2"

Pilates really started shaping my torso and other areas that I needed help in. But I had to do it at least 3 times a week every week. Now that I have been really bad and inconsistent some of that fat is back. But it really lengthens and slims the body. My body wasn't a big blob it was shapely. I really like it but I just have to do it. ARgh I can talk the talk but I have to stay consistent just like everything else.
jkbunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:45 PM   #4  

I started Pilates last week. I can't see a visible difference in my body, but I sure can feel it. I'm hoping with time, I will be able to see some changes.
Healthy4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi, I'm a newbie here. I love pilates. I started it a couple years ago because I suffered from muscle spasms in my back on and off, excruciating. Pilates has helped me learn to relax my muscles, decrease tension especially in my neck and upper shoulder area. Pilates helped me to be spasm-free so I'm a big fan. I don't do it every day. Actually, I might go a week or so without doing any pilates but I have learned some very simple pilates moves that I use over and over again. I always feel great afterwards! I would recommend it.
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 09:36 AM   #6  

I've been doing both pilates and yoga for the past 8 months and have seen a huge difference in my abs especially. The two overlap a lot. I feel like the yoga really helps improve my flexability for the pilates exercises, but the pilates really work on those core muscles. I do find that pilates can get a bit routine after a time, while I'm building more and more upon the yoga skills I've been learning. I really recommend both in conjunction.
holbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 02:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

I totally recommend pilates. I used to do it atleast 3 times a week at a studio near by. You definitely will see results if you stick with it, especially while eating well and adding cardio and weights to the mix. I'm not a huge fan of the tapes out there, but a lot of people have great things to say about some of them. If you can afford it ( it can get quite spendy) try a reformer class at a local gym or studio.
I need to get back into it, but have been a little tight on $$$. I took my 1st yoga class Saturday and was really impressed. I paid for a beginners course, but after they are done normal class are atleast free at my gym. So are mat pilates classes, but the reformer classes are extra.
flxthct107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 03:28 PM   #8  
Learning to love ME!

I LOVE pilates, and whenever I need to "get back on track," it's the first thing I do because I get such quick results. I think frequency is the key. I use tapes, and when I'm motivated, I'll do a short 15 minute workout 4x a week. You could also try this:

http://www.prevention.com/article/0,...4147-1,00.html
Gypsydancer is offline   Reply With Quote