Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-15-2005, 06:45 PM   #1  

Smile curves

I would love some feedback about curves. I live in a rural area and its my closest option for a workout. Is it all they claim?

Last edited by Debbie; 02-15-2005 at 06:47 PM.
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:16 PM   #2  

I used Curves quite a bit when I still lived in Ohio. I loved the staff and the other people working out there as well. It was a fun way to pass a half hour and feel better about myself. Unfortunately, not long after I joined, I moved to a new state and took a job that had me working during the hours the local Curves was open so I had to cancel my membership.

At the time I was a member, the one I was going to hadn't incorporated the nutrition plans that some of them have now so I can't comment on that.

I think one of the main things about Curves is you get out of it what you put into it. You can easily do less repetitions on the machines and stop getting the benefits out of it. To be honest, I'm not sure it would be an exercise plan that I'd want to do year after year, but I think it's a great way to get moving for people who are just starting out and aren't in peak physical condition. Plus there is a lot to be said for convenience. If it's nearby, you are less likely to make excuses not to go while you are getting in the habit of doing regular workouts. (Although, looking at the progress you've already made, you probably are already in the habit of working out.)
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 04:02 PM   #3  

i've done curves since June 2004 and you can see from my ticker I've lost 46 inches and 29 lbs from it. I'm also following the curves low carb plan.

there's a thread for curves- curves #6 i think it's called- I usally post there but haven't for a long time...
KandiceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 02:10 AM   #4  
Do or Do Not

S/C/G: 302/267/135

Height: 5'5

Hey debbie which part of texas do you live in? I was thinking about joining curves here too..im in southeast...see ya later!
CutieCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 04:44 PM   #5  

Cutiecourt: I live 23 miles nw of ft worth. I will probably give curves a go.
Everthing else is 20+ miles away, and curves is only 6. That help keep excuses down lol.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:55 AM   #6  
Do or Do Not

lol....yeah! 6 miles is much better than 20, plus your liable to go more...you better watch out! haha....goodluck! Im going to try and start next week too. I went on ebay and bid on some coupons for 2 weeks free at curves, so then i get in the habit of going and then pay for it...after im hoooked..lol. You should try to check it out too! =)
its only for new members
Old 02-22-2005, 10:23 PM   #7  

I hate to be negative but I participated at Curves three times a week for a year and I found it to be a social club rather than a challenging workout. I also did Weight Watchers at the same time and lost 50 lbs. in about seven months. I also walked three miles 5-6 times a week. I showed my before and after pictures to the staff at Curves and they wanted to use them to advertise but I refused because I did not credit Curves for the weight loss. It may have helped me tone a bit but that was the only benefit I felt I gained. The whole year I was there, I did not see a change in the staff who were substantially overweight! I have friends that have gone to Curves faithfully for a couple years and haven't lost an ounce. A sound eating plan along with a challenging workout is a must to lose weight. (No surprise there!)
sandyjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 02:58 AM   #8  
Do or Do Not

any workout is better than no workout....
Old 03-01-2005, 09:26 AM   #9  

Thumbs up Gonna Do It

The week of March 7-11 Curves is having a food drive. You can bring food for your service fee. That is great! You can help others and yourself at the same time. I thank everyone for your input. On our income it is hard to turn loose of that kind of money for the regular service fee. I will keep ya'll posted on my progress.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:11 AM   #10  

Hi all,

I recently joined curves and I love it. I'm also doing weight watcher and I have lost over 30 lbs after 16 weeks. I just started curves because I needed to start exercising and I love it. The workout is really only about 30 minutes and curves is a 5 minute drive ffrom home. I think I have found a winner.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 11:21 AM   #11  

I joined Curves on Dec 28th 04 and to date I have lost 30 lbs and 24.5 inches and of course this is due to a drastic change in my eating habits. I work out every day and LOVE IT!!!! I have NEVER worked out before in my life and this works for me. JUST WOMAN!!!
ItstimeforME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 11:32 AM   #12  

Smile I Can Do This!!!

Kelley, and mercee:
Thanks for the words of encourgement. I am very excited about joining. I have not done regular exercise in 8yrs. Being 50 and morbidly obese I'm sure it will be a real challenge.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:38 PM   #13  

Talking Only 3 More Day!!!

I AM EXCITED!
I am joining Curves on 3/7.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:44 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Good luck with Curves! I have never done it but my friend at home swears by it and the weight is dropping off her just with 3 workouts per week. BUT she does says you've got to put the effort in because you can make it much easier on yourself the way the machines are set up.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 09:32 AM   #15  

Red face

I did it! I got signed up and did my 1st workout. Everyone was so nice, and the place is very clean. I really enjoyed it.
I was shocked to find out my scales are off. DH had gone to the dr and told me he weighed 20lbs more. I didnt think much of it because at home we weigh nude 1st thing in the am. but I weighed 20 lbs more also. Scales went in the trash can.
Got to go get ready. time to go to Curves