Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-01-2005, 05:10 PM   #16  

If you want a quick answer at Beachbody, use their live chat option. I did that when I bought the Yoga Booty Ballet set. The rep was very helpful.

Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:55 PM   #17  

Woohoo! Got my project:you today - will start on MONDAY! (Going away for the weekend) Looking forward to seeing some results as I kick up the exercise. . .

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 10:07 PM   #18  
WW Moderator

Something really scary happened tonight in lower body workout. The DVD started to stall. I don't know the technical term, but it freeze frames, and squares pop up all over the place. It did it 3 different times, and then the sound and picture weren't totally lined up after that. This is a new DVD player. It started with Project: You. What will I do if the DVD putters out? I don't have a DVD burner to make an emergency back up. I'll try and make a backup video tonight, and hope that it works.

Julie, have fun! I don't know what kind of shape you are in, but if the first cardio exercise is too hard or too easy, you can adjust it by watching the modifiers and following them. It was a little easy for me. I did it most of the week, but I moved to the next level a couple of days early. The middle one is just right for me - well it was, but it seems to be getting harder with time!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 02:16 AM   #19  
it's always something

Jen, bring it to my house and we'll see if it does the same thing with my dvd player. If so, you should contact them asap for a replacement - within 30 days of receipt.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 06:02 AM   #20  

Jennifer - thanks for your encouragement - I am not exercising now AT ALL - or not very often, so I think I'll start off on the easy side - I'm really thinking that a structured total body plan will help ME stay structured, and I'm hoping for some results pretty fast. . .

About the DVD - did you try another DVD to see if it was the machine? Or do you have a DVD player in your PC to see if the same thing happens?

Julie
Old 03-04-2005, 06:16 PM   #21  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

is the project you cardio more on the dancey side?
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 12:13 AM   #22  
WW Moderator

Like real dancing? No, not that I've seen. They did an easy Mambo move (oh boy, I think they said Mambo) for a couple of minutes in the first cardio workout, but that was all. There isn't any dancing in the second one, and I haven't watched the third one.

She introduced one of her back ups as being a former dancer for MC Hammer, and said she loves to dance 'and you'll get to see some of that later' - or something to that effect, but I haven't seen it yet.

The choreography isn't hard, either. I'm not coordinated at all, and I do ok with it.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:14 AM   #23  
WW Moderator

Oh - I tried the dvd on the player we have downstairs, and it didn't happen. It happened today on the upper body workout, and only at the end. I think it might be too much excitement for the DVD player.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:12 PM   #24  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

ok, I think you ladies have convinced me to give this program a try. I started out with Kathy though I have not done her in a while.
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 11:11 PM   #25  
WW Moderator

I think you'll be happy with it. There's enough variety in the workouts that the time flies by pretty quickly, and you will get a good workout. I'm sweating more now than I was when I started two weeks ago. I assume it is because I've got better form, and am burning more calories. Today I was sweatier than I've ever been while on the treadmill for an hour.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:01 AM   #26  

Jennifer, also wanted to thank you for your journal - it makes the program seem much more real and doable - I did watch the first weeks tapes last Friday, so I'm ready (I think) to do it this week. Blew the dust off my 3 and 5 pound weights. . .

Did you take your measurements when you started?

Julie
Old 03-07-2005, 11:36 PM   #27  
WW Moderator

Yes, I took my measurements and put them in the book along with my weight. I am going to measure again in 6 weeks and see what happened in the first half. That is the plan, anyway. I might go all the way to the end to see. I wish I had taken pictures.
How about you?

I am not following her food plan, but I am trying to hit the same number of calories. For the most part, I eat in somewhat the same proportions as her plan so I'm probably not too far off. I've made the mistake of eyeballing my food for the last 2 weeks. When I entered food into Fitday yesterday, I realized I have probably been eating more than I thought. My number one diet goof is not counting what I eat. It sure looks like less food on my plate when I'm hungry.

About the food plan, did you read about the misprints? Here they are, for you or anybody else that might be reading:

Page 31 should say "TWO PRODUCE' instead of 'ONE FRUIT AND ONE VEGETABLE'. Also, in the nutrition guide it says 2 1/2 cups of low-fat cheese are allowed. It should be 2 1/2 ounces of low-fat cheese. I found this on the beachbody.com website. As far as I know, these are the only corrections. I read that before I ordered the dvd's. I thought maybe beachbody would have included the correction sheet with new orders, but it did not.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:01 AM   #28  

Jennifer -
I reaquainted myself with my sweat glands yesterday and several muscles that I forgot that I had. I had to march in place a few times in the second half of the cardio, and couldn't do all the reps in the lower body - but I at least did 1 or 2 of each. I think I may do the foundation tape for over a week until I learn the moves - since it seems that the power push is based on it.

I didn't take my measurements yesterday - I'm going to try to remember today. I'm following the LAWL diet which is also a portion control varied diet and since I've paid for it, I think I'll continue to follow it.

I did see the guide correction in the beachbody site.

Julie
Old 03-08-2005, 11:55 PM   #29  
WW Moderator

Power Push isn't much harder, but there is a difference. The end of PP has a lot of intensity, and I have to walk in place for some of it. I'm glad though, because that means I'm getting a challenge. I'd rather have something to work towards than hold me back.

Have you done strength training yet? I am the worlds worst at push ups. I am using a stability ball for them and it is a lot easier.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:00 AM   #30  

Jennifer - I feel like I must look like I'm just moving my arms and shaking my legs toward the end of Foundation - so for the next two times this week I'm going to try to get the legs right - if I have to do week one a second week - I think that's okay. And it is definately still a challenge to me.

I have done both the upper and lower tapes - the tricep dips on the end of the chair are KILLER - (I can't modify it by dipping lower weight since the weight is ME). And today my abs are a little painful, but not unbearable.

Today I get to try the yoga/pilates - and we'll see how that goes. I have never done either!

Beverly, I did want to comment - if you have other Kathy Smith tapes, there is a post on her boards at beachbody about how to mix up other cardio and strength to get a similar workout. It's by someone named Kit'ara.

Julie