Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-14-2004, 09:49 PM   #121  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Default Shyangel

There are a lot of runners at my office. That's what got me started. I run about 2.5 miles every other day, and either do aerobics or walking in between. I'm running between 9.5 and 10 minute miles...depending. When I run 3 miles, it's closer to 10, when I run 2, it's closer to 9.5.

The people at work directed me to http://www.coolrunning.com/. They give you plenty of information on form, what type of shoes to buy, clothes, etc. Very in depth site devoted to running.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 07:06 AM   #122  
Running Babe

Hi all,

I was suppose to meet some ladies to run with on Friday, since the weather was bad, only one lady showed up so we ran together. She's from Montreal like me, but moved to Ottawa in her early 20s. I ran yesterday so that was good as well. My endurance is improving like crazy.
I am trying to run 3-4 times a week. I gotta get my bike back into ridable condition since I like variety and feel I should be adding a few more cardio sessions in during the week.

I had a heavy meal for my dad's bday last night so I am feeling not the greatest, but I could have done a lot worse then I did (I had rotissorie chicken and fries and a very WW friendly dessert).

Ang: I have been blessed with a very muscular body to begin with so when I work out consitantly with weights and my BF% is low (mine isn't as low as I like it right now. I am about 162 and I look best between 145-150lbs, but the weight is coming off yah!) my muscles do show well (my legs do right now anyway, I have monster calves). I will try to get three WT workouts this week. About running while humid, YES!! It makes a huge difference. They recommend when the humidity is high not to push as much either.

Tanya: I know, I have struggled with my eating for the past 2 years and went from 145lbs up to 169.5 (luckily I am heading back down again, I've gotten it together with my eating). It's tough, but you seem determined and the exercise does help so much.

Tig: Good Luck on your business trip!

Almost heaven: Welcome! You're so close to goal to congrats! I had to stop in Concord once (on my way to Boston)! Beautiful city!

Cheers!

Ali
Sweater Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 07:57 AM   #123  
cac

Hi everyone,

I ran my 4.5 mile route on Friday and Sunday. I had to take Saturday off as my quads were very sore. Ihad been concentrating on heal /tow movement on Friday and what a difference it made during running - but I felt it later. Today and Tuesday I will be doing 40 minutes on the elipse (level 2) I may try for level three.

Hope everyone has a good day,

cac
cac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 03:05 PM   #124  

HI everyone I have been still running but the eating has not got better yet. That is coming. For some reson I seem to do better in the winter for eating. I am not sure if anyone else has that problem too. I was able to get down to 143 at one point this winter but we went on holidays and gained it back. And it is still coming back. I know that is my biggest problem for me Working out has not been a problem for me in the last 3 years. After my son I was able to get back in to workouts but the eating has to get better and keep the new eating habits.
Well I did a run this morning and weights. I did an intervil yesterday Run on saturday and weights. I think that I will try for a long run tomorrow. About an hour.
Well great to see new people. Welcome almostheaven. I hope that you will like it here with us.
Everyone keep up the great work.
Tanya
2cutekids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 01:00 PM   #125  
Persistent and Stubborn

Just a quick check-in. Everyone seems to be doing great. I am a little ashamed at myself for letting rain keep me from running Sunday and Monday. Rain or shine I plan on getting out tonight. Hopefully I'll still feel this way at 6:30 when it is time to leave for my track workout. Right now I have a migraine so I'm not sure what will happen.

Tanya - take one thing at a time, that's what I am trying to do. Is there anything in particularly about your eating that you know is not good?

Great job cac. Did you get to level 3?

Ali - don't you hate it when you are supposed to meet people and then they don't show up? I am having that trouble with my running club. People have not been too enthusiastic so I'm not so gung ho either. Unfortunatley I need them to stay motivated. Hopefully we'll rally now for the fall. There are 4 races that I am considering running (probably too much money to run all of them) so I need to get 'ready' for them and sign up if I'm going to participate. Anyway, good for you Ali for running anyway.
shyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:44 PM   #126  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Hello all! Quick check in before bedtime. I ran 25 minutes on the DTM and walked 5 this morning. It was a brand I've never run on before so I didn't run as fast as I usually do - that seemed to work out really well for me. I was finished by 6:00 so had time to get ready and meet the rest of the team in the lobby for breakfast by 7.

Then this evening after supper (too much fat and salt, of course) one of the team members and I went for a long walk in a nearby neighborhood. Very energizing.

I go home Thursday night. I hope to continue getting up early and running. Maybe I can join the jillions of squealing kids in the pool and hit the hot tub tomorrow night.
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:48 PM   #127  
Persistent and Stubborn

Tig - it sounds like your week is going really well. Although the squealing kids don't sound too appealing, the hot tub sounds great. I hope that when I go away on business in September, the hotel has a nice exercise room and a pool with hot tub.

I went to my track workout tonight and probably ran a total of 4 or 5 miles. Most of it was broken up into 400m but it's still running.

Goodnight.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:32 AM   #128  
Running Babe

I am down .5lbs... When I first lost weight even at the same weights 3 1/2 years ago, it was faster, but gotta remind myself, it's a lifestyle, not a race.

Tanya: A lot of people find the routine you can get into in the winter easier to sustain than in the Summer where so much happens (beer, BBQ parties, DQ).

Ang: I am just doing one race this falla nd plan to do the Resolution Run on NYE which will be interesting. I'll probably aim for the 10K then. I know races can get expensive. I have a run tonight which I am looking forward to...

Tig: glad you're able to keep up with exercise while you're away!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 08-18-2004, 01:03 PM   #129  
cac

Hi everyone,

I ran my 4.5 mile route today. It is getting easier. I would like it to be real easy by October. This way I'll keep it up through the winter.

cac
cac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 10:00 AM   #130  
Persistent and Stubborn

Congratulations Ali on losing 0.5 lbs. This is definitely a lifestyle change so then you don't have to go through it ever again. Don't forget that 3 1/2 years changes a body too. As I get older nothing is the same as it once was. Try to be patient and stick with it. If you're losing then you are doing something right and that means that if you keep with it you will eventually get to where you want to be. btw - you may need to remind me of this at times because I get really impatient too.

cac - good job on the 4.5 miles. Are your times getting faster or do you just feel like it is not so difficult to finish the run? These days I am struggling around 4 miles even though a couple months ago I was running a little longer. I seem to have gone backwards and don't know what I am doing wrong that is keeping me from progressing.

I hope to run today - 45 minutes is the goal (don't do distances around my house).
Old 08-19-2004, 12:59 PM   #131  

Hi all,
I did 40 min with intervals of running and walking last night. At some point I broke through the 'wall' and started to enjoy it rather than hate every step. I remember that feeling from when I used to run before, so hopefully it will again appear soon!
LKTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 01:27 PM   #132  
Running Babe

Ang: No worries, I dish the same advice to people all the time Just gotta keep reminding myself... slow and steady, slow and steady. Well metabolism does slow down in ones 20s I guess.

BTW, I am filling in for an EA today and right in front of me there are containers full of jelly beans, jujubes and other candies, I am stronger than those

Cac: you'll be there by October. BTW are you in Northern NY or Southern?

Laura: I had a runner's high last night and that felt good

Cheers!

Ali
Old 08-19-2004, 01:49 PM   #133  
Persistent and Stubborn

Great job Laura. When running is fun it is so much easier to get out there and run more.

I ran today for 46 minutes on a new route around my house. The second half was brutal on my legs and not at all fun. I am amazed I did not walk at all. Maybe I'll get that runner's high again sometime too.

Ali - yea! runner's highs all around. You are stronger than those candies! I'm glad that I don't particularly care for nonchocolate candies. I make up for it though in how much I like chocolate. hehe
Old 08-19-2004, 03:17 PM   #134  

Hi everyone Things are going well. Running and weights. My eating is getting better right now. I know that I can do this for awhile. I hope to get back down to 150. I can't think what totally makes bme binge. Stress, bordom or just the love of food. I have not been able to pin point it.
Well it sounds like everyone one is getting that runners high. That is so great. I remeber that first one. What a feeling. Everyone keep it up.
Last night I was at a meeting that they are trying to start a running/walking club here in town. I hope that there is enough people interested. Last night for no adv out in the town paper we had 12 people(5,000 people live here) I think that they had a great turn out. We are going to start to run Sat. morn at 8:00.
Well I am going to take tomorrow off. I have been running almost everyday.
Everyone have a great run.
Tanya
2cutekids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 09:36 PM   #135  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Default Home!

Home, home, home!

I ran yesterday morning on the DTM - 25 minutes running with a warm up and cool down total of 5 minutes. I didn't run this morning, but did walk and walk and walk in the Atlanta airport. Frustration over missing a flight is a great movitator. Me and my jillions of new-found friends. It was a rough day at the airport.

BUT I'm HOME!
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote