Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2001, 06:03 PM   #16  

Girlie good for you on going back to workout after you found that burnt pot. Better than reaching for food to relieve stress. You go girl!!

I am good about not weighing myself between weigh in day. My normal weigh in day is Thursday so I was due today. I just checked the other scale because mine has been kind of flaky lately & I was right. I need a new one. I'll probably pick one up this weekend & weigh myself come next thursday. I'll use the other next week just to gauge the difference so I know where to start.

I am waiting for DH to come home so I can do my tape while he entertains the kids.

Anyway, have a good one!
Debbie
Old 03-19-2001, 01:27 PM   #17  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Hey!!!!

Where in the world is everyone? Well, Monday's a really busy day, so it's okay.

I had a great time in Chicago this weekend! Sure did enough walking!

I hope you all had a good weekend too!
Old 03-20-2001, 12:14 PM   #18  

Hi Everyone!

It has been a slow weekend. Hardly any posts!

I have a sinus infection and feel pretty bad. I haven't been doing as much exercise as I should. I'm feeling a little better today so hopefully I can get a workout in.

Debbie-I hardly ever weigh myself. I know that's bad but I like to judge my losses by how my clothes fit and how I look in the mirror. I find that I get too easily discouraged if the numbers on the scale are not what I'm expecting. How are the workouts going? I saw an infomercial with Leslie this morning. She sure is a motivating lady!

Girlie-I'm glad you had a good time in Chicago. It's great to have you back! I bet you got a ton of walking in. That's such good exercise. Keep up the good work and check in when you can.

So where is everyone else? Please post and let us know what's going on. It's so easy to stop exercising but once you get going again it feels so good!
Old 03-20-2001, 12:22 PM   #19  

Rose, sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I know what that's like. I still haven't fully kicked my cold. UGH!

To be honest, I haven't done my tape in 2weeks. I know, bad, bad! LOL..It's been crazy here with DH working late. I have been getting in a lot of walking. I would say I have been doing about an average of 4miles a day. Having a 2yr old to chase after helps with the walking

I really only weigh myself once a week. I used to weigh myself all the time before I started WW & I would get so discouraged when it wouldn't move down. When I started WW I vowed to myself that I would only weigh myself once a week. If I "check in" any other time of the week besides my weigh in day, I don't count it. It keeps you sane not to focus so much on the numbers on the scale. I know all my clothes fit better. I can even fit into some of my skinny clothes ( I still have a lot I don't fit into though). A little at a time & we will all get to our personal goals.

Have a good one
Debbie
Old 03-21-2001, 10:25 AM   #20  

Hi Everyone!

Debbie-You sure are getting your exercise in! You must put on at least 10,000 steps a day chasing a four year old ! I remember those days. I'm feeling better today although not 100% yet. I did manage to do some exercise last night but I didn't have the energy that I wanted to get a really good workout. Hopefully tonight will be better. It just seems that the evenings go by so fast that before you know it's time for bed and it's morning again! Oh and the pedometer I ordered won't be in for a month so I have to wait but it's a really nice one so it's worth it. Keep up the great exercise and thanks for checking in!

Okay everybody else how is it going? Check in when you can. Girlie how is that elliptical? I'm doing mine tonight. Talk to you all later.
Old 03-21-2001, 05:02 PM   #21  
On my way!!

Hi everyone!

Ready for another newbie??? I hope so. You guys seem like a great support system and just really nice people. I'll give you a little info on me...

I started WW back in Oct 1998 and over the course of about 1 year went from a depressing 241 lbs to 174 lbs. In that time I had decided to leave my verbally abusive husband (married at 22) and head back out into the world! Since then, I met a wonderful man that I am marrying Sept 2002! Yeaaaa! However, he's a great cook and loves to eat and I joined him in happy bliss eating and over the past year with him I gained back 16 lbs. :-(

But, 3 weeks ago I started doing WW points again just at home, no meetings, etc and have lost 6 lbs! I joined a fitness center this morning and worked out and felt great afterward!! I am not a fan of exercise and did little to none during my first big loss. Now I feel flabby and really want to tone up and get (and stay) healthy! My goal weight is 155, so I have around 30 lbs to go.

Any words of encouragement to keep going will be appreciated. I used to love this website when I started but just got away from it because I felt guilty for eating poorly again. But I'm back and plan to stay! I think all of you guys are to be commended for your efforts so far!! It's not easy, but we can do it!!
Old 03-21-2001, 05:34 PM   #22  
Bacon Girlie

Default Hi!

Just a quick note to say hello to all of you!

Womaninlove:

Isn't it a great feeling? I've gained weight during the 3 years I've been with my BF...we both
love to eat, then we kick each other to exercise, eat, exercise, etc! I thought it would be easier since we bought a house together, but it hasn't and it definitely shows! So, I've started all over again and am on my way to the "old" thinner, healthier me!

He's a butthead....guys like him can lose weight just like that, but then again, he gains it back again too.

Rose:

Good to see you. I've been to the gym regularly...well, about 3 times a week but that's a better start. I got on the elliptical last night and did a little over 30 minutes sandwiched between some powerwalking and got my sweat going again. I'm getting used to it. I can't wait until I hit 60 minutes again!

Have a great day all of you!!!!
Old 03-23-2001, 11:28 AM   #23  

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the family womaninlove! I know you will love it here. First of all congrats on your upcoming wedding and on such successful weight loss. You should be so proud. And also way to go on leaving that abusive husband of yours. No one needs that. It sounds like you are doing great! And you are right this is the best place to come for support and motivation. I've been around here for a while now and it only gets better. Are you strength training? That's a sure way to tone up the body. I've started a new program called the Spark program and it's based on doing three 10 minute workouts a day (stretching, aerobics, strength training) and so far so good. I just need to burn off some of this fat to see my muscles! So hang in there with us and post as often as you can.

Girlie-Way to go! You must be so happy with your progress. Hey that 60 minutes is going to be happening soon. I know you have a busy schedule and I think it's great that you are finding time just for you. You go girl!

Debbie-How are you doing? I hope all is well. Check in and let us know what's happening!

I know we've lost some along the way but don't feel shy. Jump in and let us know what you've been doing even if its not a thing! We just want to know! Take care and I'll check back later!
Old 03-23-2001, 02:58 PM   #24  
Bacon Girlie

Default Hey!

Hi, Guys! Just wanting to wish you all a great weekend!

Rose:

I only made it to work out twice this week, but hey, that's better than last week!
I've been doing really, really well with my eating habits and I have been drinking
my water, something that's hard for me to do. I terribly rewarded myself
with a plain fish sandwich from McDonalds.

If any of you like salads, the McSalad Shakers (garden) with vinaigrette is awesome!
I think it's only one point and it's very filling! I'm not usually a salad person, but
I think it's just the mixture of green onions and tomatoes. I really hate to cut
lettuce myself and when I get one, most of the thrill is just being able to get "something"
from McDonalds....

I am weighing myself this week, and I'm really hopeful that I lost at least two pounds.

Last time I checked a little over a week ago, I was up to 211!

Girlie
Old 03-23-2001, 08:53 PM   #25  
On my way!!

Default Happy Friday!!

Hi guys!

Rose:

Thanks for the compliments and encouragement! You definately sound like you are on the right track as well!
Since I just joined the gym on Wednesday, I went Wednesday and did a 20 minute mile on the treadmill (not bad for just starting out, right??) Then I went to the intimidating weight room (eek!) and did some tricep work and some inner thigh stuff on a hip abducter (?) machine. Someone at the gym was very helpful and showed me how to do them correctly. My legs are still sore! Thursday I couldn't drag myself out of bed -, so I decided I would walk to and from work which probably totals 1/2 mile. I went to the gym this morning and did a 17 minute mile, so I'm getting there! My honey and I were planning on hitting the tennis courts tommorrow (something he loves, but I've never tried and am dying to!), but it's supposed to snow, so I guess I'll hit the gym again. I know once I get the hang of the weight machines I'll do more strength training. There were so many buff young guys in there this morning that I was way too intimidated to even go in today!

Girlie:

Thanks also to you! My sweetie is the same way! Can drop weight just by thinking about it. He's just found out that his cholesterol, etc numbers are a bit high though, and is trying hard to change his habits as well. It's definately nice to have a partner on your side. You sound like you are really dedicated and determined to making a change in your life. It's nice to have a place to get extra support ( and offer it too!)

Hope you all have a great weekend (keep drinking that water!!!)

womaninlove
Old 03-24-2001, 01:57 AM   #26  
Vegetarian

I AM BAD! I'm so sorry it's been so long since I checked in! I go to a website that is mainly BFL challengers, so I get alot of specific BFL support there. I hope you understand! I still love all of you!
I am in week 5, and still loving every day! Especially Free days!
Now my official progress since challenge start day- Feb.21st, 2001- (not as much as I thought, but only because my scale is a few pounds off, but that's ok.)

start weight- 200 4weeks- 195
start BF%- 36% 4weeks- 33% (YEAH!)
start fat lbs- 72lbs 4weeks- 66lbs (-6lbs of fat!)
start lean lbs-128lbs 4weeks- 129lbs(+1 lbs of muscle)
Overall, I am pretty darn happy about my progress so far. I have my before & 4-week progress pictures posted on the other site I go to. You can go check them out at www.leanandstrong.com
You just click on "message boards", then click on "Transformation Gallery" on the left of the screen. Then, once in there, you find the post by "IslandMama". There are also LOTS of other transformations in there that are AMAZING! Especially "Pam B" and "Mina" .
Well, I am glad to see everyone doing well!
Remember, if you go to look at my pix, they are only 4 week pix, so be nice! I have a long way to, but I'm having a ball getting there!
Love,
IslandMama

Last edited by islandmama; 03-24-2001 at 02:05 AM.
Old 03-25-2001, 02:21 PM   #27  
Bacon Girlie

Default Hi!

Hope all of you are doing very well! Congrats to all of you who've lost weight, stayed the same, or who gained but didn't give up!!!

I'm really excited because I've been doing so well. This may sound silly, but this past seven days is the first week in a long time that I haven't had a candy bar! I did have sweets though, I treated myself to some Jelly Bellys!

I have only exercised twice this week, so I'm going to shoot for three nights this week. Hey, it's a start, right?

Talk to you all soon!
Old 03-25-2001, 04:10 PM   #28  

Hi All!!!

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

Well, I finally did my walking tape today after 2wks or so of not doing it. I have to admit I felt great afterwards. I have been getting in at least 3 miles a day so I haven't been too bad I did lose 0.5 lb this week which is great considering the last 2 mos I haven't lost much of anything. I plan on getting back into the swing of exercising & trying to set aside 1/2 hr everyday to do my tape.

Have a great day!
Debbie
171/118.5/105
Old 03-26-2001, 11:57 AM   #29  

Good Morning everyone!

Wow I don't post over the weekend and I come back and see everyone's been posting. That is so great seeing so many motivated people on here! Thanks everyone for your support.

womaninlove-You are doing fabulous on your routine! It sounds like you've been doing it for a while instead of just a few days. If you keep up this pace you'll reach your goal in no time flat! I know the gym can be intimidating but you also get some great help with form and what exercises to do so it's an even trade. Keep up the great work.

Debbie-Way to go on starting your walking tapes again. I saw Leslie on QVC this morning. She's such a sweetie! By the way I was looking at your stats and you should be so proud of yourself for losing all that weight. You're almost to your goal! Yippee! Very motivating!

Girlie-Boy do I know the power of the almight candy bar! Great job on passing that up and setting your goals for success. You are doing a great job!

IslandMama-Welcome back! No need to appologize for getting in some awesome exercise and working so hard on achieving your goals. I think it's sweet of you to post here and let us know how it's going for you. I haven't checked out your pictures yet but congrats on the measurements. You are doing awesome. I have a friend at work that just started the program and I told him about the website you post to. He's very excited about this program. Keep up the great work and post when you can it's always nice to hear from you!

Okay for all of you that used to post here but don't anymore or for those just lurking out there jump on in and join us the water is fine!

I got in a few good workouts on my Orbitrek this weekend. I also managed some toning and I'm a little sore today because of it. It's a good feeling though so I'm not complaining. Let's all keep moving!
Old 03-26-2001, 07:47 PM   #30  
On my way!!

Default New week! New Start!

Hi guys! Hope everyone is still going strong!!
Closed Thread