Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-13-2014, 04:59 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft3 ish

Hi. I prefer afternoon after work. I've tried morning runs and I seem to struggle in am and not in pm. I don't know why. However, I am a morning person and up early every day but still prefer after work exercise
cheddahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 160/160/105

I prefer evenings or nights. I have more energy after a day of meals, and it's so much cooler than facing the morning or afternoon heat.
Stefania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:16 PM   #33  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

If I'm workout out at home..mornings to get it done and out of the way..if its the gym, then after work evenings so I can go home and collapse after.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:11 PM   #34  

I get up at 4:15 a.m., take my two dogs for a short (10-minute) walk (they're old), make a quick, to-go cup of coffee, and am at the gym for a 5 a.m. crossfit class (luckily, I live 5 minutes from the gym).

I have always been a morning person. I love getting my exercise done for the day. Also, there is very little chance that anything will interfere with my exercise time at that time of day, whereas the same isn't true for later in the day. Finally, I like the peace and quiet at that time of the morning. It's so calm and quiet, and it's a good way to start the day.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:30 PM   #35  

Absolutely in the morning!!! Start your day nice and fresh!!!!!!
exercisework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:34 PM   #36  

if i don't make the 9am class, it's not happening at all.
xfitgirl429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:46 PM   #37  

During the week, I workout on my lunch break (the benefit of working close to my gym), which I *LOVE*. I can still sleep in the morning and I can do other things in the evening. Before these lunchbreak workouts, I would normally workout after work.

On the weekends or during a holiday, I usually workout in the mornings. My workouts are usually longer and if I am doing a long run, I prefer to do it before it gets too hot. The evenings, I usually have plans.
memememe76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:43 PM   #38  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

I'm an evening person I would love to work out in the mornings as my evenings can fill up which makes it easy to make excuses, but I am just not a morning person. I've tried working out in the morning and when I made it I loved it... I found I had a ton of energy for the rest of the day and I loved it that I could start my dogs day with a good run (although it made my young guy hyper and he ran up and down the hall and woke everyone up... oops! LoL). Those two can run a lot more than I can!
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:35 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunty Jam View Post
I'm an evening person I would love to work out in the mornings as my evenings can fill up which makes it easy to make excuses, but I am just not a morning person. I've tried working out in the morning and when I made it I loved it... I found I had a ton of energy for the rest of the day...
^^^^This! This is my experience as well, Aunty Jam! You'd think all the energy and good feelings I experienced with morning workouts would inspire me to keep going and become routine. Nope. I'm hit and miss with a.m. workouts; I'm able to do it for a good stretch and then the excuses come I'm also terrible at putting myself to bed at a decent time in order to get up earlier.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:38 PM   #40  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I do both
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:05 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

I work out after I finish work which is 7:30 at night. I am not a morning person so you won't see me waking up to go to the gym. And on the plus note by 7:45 the gym is nearly empty.
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:44 AM   #42  

I work out in the mornings. I am NOT a morning person, but I feel much more energized during the day if I workout in the morning. Also, I need a routine and my days don't always go according to plan, therefor afternoons or evenings don't work for me.
NewNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 05:58 PM   #43  
fluffy

S/C/G: 204/201/174

Height: 5'6''

I'm really not a morning person. My favorite time to start is one hour before it gets dark.
Velvet bean is offline   Reply With Quote